Chapter 39

Guardian

Sorry for the late update. I had writer's block for a week and I was completely stuffed with about five tests/quizzes and some checkpoints. I'm on Thanksgiving break, FINALLY!

About answering about my new ideas for fics, thank you for anyone who replied! It helped alot! Definitely debating between 'Thine Mistress' and 'Beastly Love'... (do not steal my ideas please). Thank you also for people who continue to support and read this fic, especially those who take a moment to comment. <3

I got a big AN at the end BTW.

Please read on, my dears~!

Anything in green is Japanese, and red is Mandarin.


 

 

(Alaina's POV)

The universe was too cruel. I knew that fact very well.

But it loved to torment me beyond extremes. That fact, I was very much aware of to my chagrin.

Frankly, I was mad at the universe. Yes, mad at something that had no bodily being or conscience.

Ever since Jae dropped the bomb (literally, to me, it was a bomb), I was blank and uncommunicative. Tao had commented that I had been 'slapped silly'. Sehun and Baekhyun had contacted their hyungs whilst Key and Minho did the same to Jonghyun and Onew, alerting everyone the current situation.

Taemin and Kai were going crazy from my lack of response. They wished they had the power to force me to talk or know my thoughts - like Onew's voice control or Luhan's mental perception.

What was wrong with me? I...well...everything flipped upside down for me. I just couldn't find my voice to speak, because I was sure I might breakdown like I did earlier with the panic attack.

"I can't believe Jae and the school board actually fell for the she-demons' acting," grumbled Key during lunch. We were all gathered outside, idling by the outskirts of trees. I was leaning against the tree trunk, watching my guardians converse while I stared at them with hazy eyes. Kai held me close protectively, attentive for my safety even though Key had his barrier summoned.

"Have she-demons always been this...enticing?" wondered Baekhyun, perplexed, a frown on his strawberry lips. "It's like they really do have charm-educing powers."

Minho rubbed the nape of his neck and sighed. "Onew-hyung said he'll be trying to wheedle information about she-demons from SNSD discreetly - with Kris' help. SNSD is very experienced with she-demons like f(x)."

"And apparently not us," muttered Sehun. "No wonder we avoided them in the first place."

"What are we going to do about the field trip?" asked Tao in his lousy Korean. "It's required."

"That's stupid whoever made up that rule," grumbled Taemin, carding his fingers through his auburn locks agitatedly. Then he glimpsed at me - unresponsive and dim, like a tiny, flickering flame. He didn't like it.

"Let's talk with everyone when we get home, araso?" Key proposed and everyone nodded.

During classes, every student was energetically chatting about the summer field trips - but mainly the seniors - the only year traveling out of the country. Lunch was full of incessant noise, all thrilled and expectant. But all through that, I was heard nothing.

I hardly could form a coherent word, much less be overjoyed that something was wrong with this set-up.

Lunch ended, with futile attempts to coax me to eat something. I was prompted to walk to my next class with Taemin and Kai, head ducked.

In class I was zoning out, replaying the scene of what occurred this morning in the hall, fresh and clear in my mind. The words Tokyo and home echoed in my head, accompanied by the image of a sea of moving bodies and the feeling of a cold current creeping up my spine. My thoughts concluded all to one thing: Miryo.

She knew something. Something I would loathe if fathomed.

"Alaina-shi!"

That snapped me back into semi-reality. I glanced up boredly at my teacher. "Yes?"

"I need you to run an errand for me," informed the teacher. "You're the only one done with the assignment." But I heard the underlining of you don't disappoint me with anything.

Pressure much?

I sighed and stood up, noticing how Taemin's eyes flickered. First he seemed confused, then apprehensive. Kai took note also, biting his bottom lip.

Taemin raised his hand. "Seongsaengnim, I could do it for her. I'm-"

The teacher dismissed him with a careless wave. "Nonsense, nonsense. I already asked Alaina-shi."

Reluctantly, I came over to the teacher's desk. The instructions were simple: deliver a stack of papers. Before slipping out the door, I mouthed, It's okay to Taemin and Kai - the most communication I've performed all day. They were very uneasy as they watched me go.

I didn't sense anything foreboding as I navigated the vacant halls and dropped off the papers to a room. Afterwards, I leaned against a wall, having a moment to recollect myself.

I griped at my hair. What's wrong with me? I should be strategizing to counteract the she-demons. I should be investigating the stupid teachers. Do they know? My home? My origin?

If Yongguk and his brothers knew about my background when they captured me, then there was a liability Miryo and Jea did, too.

I exhaled a collective, resigned breath. I'm over my shock. That sure was a smack in the face.

As I straightened myself together, prickles stung my back, alerting me.

Tap. Tap. The sound of classy high heels lightly and agilely making contact with the waxy school floor. My head snapped up and I immediately darted over to the sound. As I crossed into the perpendicular hallway, I was at the edge of her dominating shadow.

The tapping stop. A pregnant pause ensued.

We locked gazes. Tension compressed the air.

I was not afraid of her. If she attacked, I would retaliate.

My mask broke, now replaced with fury and disbelief. She smiled at me amusedly - like she always did. I was her favorite entertainment.

And she was my hateful enemy.

"Why?" I demanded, my voice passionately soft. My gaze was steely and hard, something that could've provoked bad guys to run for their mothers, but Miryo did not waver. "What's your purpose? You plan to do something that will affect me, won't you?"

I didn't want to confirm anything, nor assume. I stayed in the shadows about my human life.

Miryo chuckled humorlessly. "It's nice once and a while to visit your roots, little girl. It reminds you who you really are."

I deciphered the one word she could've just spat at me.

Weak. I was weak.

I flinched the slightest but did not falter under the piercing words.

"If you dare," I hissed furiously, "touch my family, I will not show you any mercy. That is my warning, sensei."

Miryo cocked an intrigued brow. "You have a fine mouth, child." She tilted her head speculatively. "And an indomitable heart. Her enticing, husky voice dropped into a tantalizing purr. "That specifies you bear your oaths very seriously. That is just like you, Peacemaker."

I did not back down, only raising my chin defiantly. "How else would I carry such oaths? With indecisiveness?"

Miryo leaned away and turned heel gracefully.

"The question is Peacemaker: will you truly keep it?"

Miryo's footsteps echoed down the hall as I watched her go silently, my shadow the only thing dominating the bare space.

 


...



While heading home in Key's wildly speeding car, I spent the next few minutes listening to Taemin's frantic (albeit betrayed), "You talked to her? Alone? Without ME?!"

And Kai's snarling, "I'm going to TEAR her to shreds!"

With the fierce fire in his usually dark, blank eyes, I was lucky Kai didn't want to tear me to shreds (although he was tempted to).

"Good thing nothing bad happened," Minho exhaled relievedly.

Key was finally reverting back to a normal shade of peach from turning red with rage upon hearing I had recklessly wandered off into dangerous waters. (Thankfully he also slowed the acceleration a tad from a possible car wreck.) He sighed, glancing in the rear-view mirror. "I'm proud you stood up for yourself, honey. Just don't do that again."

"Ever." Kai glared at me and I shrunk into my shoulders fearfully. Taemin scowled and swatted Kai's arm, telling him to ease up.

The second I stepped out of the car, I was ushered hastily into the house and chided to sit and stay in the living room while Kai rallied up Exo-M from China via teleportation and Minho and Key gathered up everyone else. Sehun, Baekhyun, Tao, and Taemin stayed behind to guard a.k.a. watch me to make sure I didn't do anything (more) stupid. Tao and Sehun gave me sympathetic looks, Baekhyun was more chiding, and Taemin was deliberating to himself silently with an angry twist of his lips.

I was missing Zelo, because he would understand why I was so rash earlier. I wondered if the search for Block B was going well...

"What did you do this time?" was the first thing Jonghyun spouted out when he entered the living room along with Onew, Suho, Chanyeol (who went straight to Baekhyun), and D.O. I pouted, displeased at his scolding tone. The hands on hips was not necessary.

Definitely missing Zelo.

"Same old, same old," Taemin muttered. "Totally endangering her life and giving us heart attacks." He shot me a pained look. "I'm too young to die of a heart attack, yeobo."

"Mi-an-hae-yo!" I cried out exasperatedly, sinking into the couch. Sehun patted my shoulder gingerly, trying to placate me.

At least the nice, adorable maknaes didn't bite at me. Maybe because they would've done the same thing.

Then a whirl of black smokey-tendrils disturbed the scene and six young men appeared amidst the living room. Kris immediately greeted Tao with an one-armed hug, pecking his forehead, glad he was okay.

"You have so many problems, don't you, Princess?" spoke up Luhan, cocking a deliberate brow at me. My pout slipped into a scowl at the pretty boy. He just had to use my undesirable nickname to chide at me.

"Stop belittling me," I groaned, burying my face in my hands. "All I did was throw some warnings out and threaten her, that's all!"

Xiumin raised an intrigued brow. "You threatened someone? That must've been a sight." He mused to himself.

Chen sighed at his simple-minded hyung. "Ignore him. He doesn't understand the severity of the situation."

"Do, too!" defended Xiumin.

"Guys, can it," snapped Kris. Xiumin and Chen shut up.

Everyone found somewhere to sit and began discussing.

"So the crucial question is: will you go on the trip?" Onew asked me, leaning forward in his seat.

"It's mandatory," murmured Tao.

"And Miryo and Jea have sharp eyes on her," added Baekhyun. "She'll be coerced to go."

My hands were still buried in my hands as I mumbled, "My family. If I don't go, they'll target my family." My voice cracked.

With no need to look up, I felt the pained looks directed at me. Tears rimmed my eyes, threatening to spill over. I hated that I cried easily when I was upset or frustrated.

"Peacemaker..." murmured Lay empathetically, feeling upset because I was.

"They know," I sniffled miserably, "she knows. That is their plan - to make me surrender myself or else they'll hurt my family. I'm not strong enough to protect them - but they'll be targeting me psychologically - because of all of you are protecting me physically."

"Then we'll ready ourselves to protect them," concluded Suho, to soothe me. "The orphanage will be safe under our watch."

D.O. addressed Onew, "Hyung, you're going to have to convince the college that we're taking an early summer break." The high schools and universities started their summer vacations on different dates. "Then we buy the plane tickets and be good to go."

Chanyeol scratched his cheek thoughtfully. "We need to be prepared in Japan. Guess we should start consulting with maps."

"Alaina has some in her room," murmured Kai, his loving yet sad gaze never leaving my face.

Taemin tugged one of my hands away from my face to squeeze it. "See? It's going to work out, Alaina."

Not really, I thought dispiritedly. I promised to see Ayano and Yuki during the summer break - to help them. Now I can't, because my presence endangers them. I can't risk that...but I can't help feel but torn wanting to see their faces.

The opposing sides wanted to tear me in half - devour me from inside out. Was this what Zelo experienced daily during his dark life as a demon?

"Answer this one question for me," I asked very softly and everyone glanced at me curiously, "would you save me or the innocent people I care about first?"

It was all too obvious, although they hesitated for my benefit.

"You." Luhan matched the softness of my tone, very gentle and tender. His doeful, unwavering gaze met mine, and my eyes tightened. "It will always be you."

I inhaled a deep, ragged breath. "Don't know why I asked, but I had to see how much I actually affected you all." I wrapped my arms around myself, deflating in my seat defeatedly. "Ironic," I whispered, "considering I would save others before me."

The room was dead silent, drowning in the impending drama. I grew sick of the atmosphere.

"I'm going to my room," I murmured and stood up. I shook my head dejectedly when Kai and Taemin inclined to accompany me. I fled the room, dwelling deep in my conflicting thoughts and feelings.



...
 


(Third Person POV)

"Leave her alone," ordered Onew when everyone budged to chase after her or persuade her to stay. "She needs to overcome her problems emotionally."

"The Peacemaker is an emotional entity," muttered Lay. "I don't think she as enough experience to settle her priorities..."

Tao nudged the healer with an elbow. "Not helping, gege."

Luhan crossed his arms. "What's Alaina's progress with her training?"

"Average," spoke up Key. "She catches on fast, but I'm still working on it. But I have to admit, Youngjae and Zelo were very efficient in teaching her. How she uses her ES corresponds with them, unlike me."

Luhan frowned. "How about her Mentalist abilities?"

"Still rusty, I think," admitted Key with a shrug. "It's not my type of field - or Jjong's or Minho's."

Minho and Jonghyun nodded solemnly.

"Maybe I can teach her some tricks," Luhan suggested. He pointed at himself. "Mentalist, remember?"

"I don't think she can stand you," remarked Kai. "You irritate her."

Luhan shrugged. "It's easy to ."

Kai gave his hyung a bland look. "Yah, that's my job."

Since they were sitting side-by-side, Kris kicked Luhan's foot. "You can only teach her if you stop teasing her - or anything else you do that's annoying."

"Luhan-hyung's not annoying!" Sehun objected, although his cute lisp counteracted with his serious tone. Luhan patted his dongsaeng's head affectionately.

Kai held up a slip between his fingers - the permission slip for the summer field trip. His smirk was a bit forced. "Theoretically I'm not old enough yet since I'm still 'seventeen' but...wanna sign my slip, hyung?"

Suho sighed. "Oh, give me that."



...
 


(Alaina's POV)

Locking myself up in my room didn't calm me, so I found myself idling in the backyard instead.

Like always, the backyard was tranquil and pleasant. The smell of fresh air and blooming flowers made me drift into a fantasy-oriented daydream - like I was in the middle of a meadow. The blazing sun from above warmed the exposed parts of my skin. A tiny breeze...

"Princess, you might want to be careful."

My eyes snapped open and I whirled around to see Luhan looking at me heedingly. He pointed at my feet. "Your ES is influencing the plants."

I looked down to see what he said was true. Grass blades and wiry flowers had stretched out and tethered themselves around my ankles like a little kid clinging to his mother. I forced my palpitating ES to ease into a softer tempo. Gradually the plants receded back after exerting overwhelming mental effort. I was panting afterwards.

Luhan stepped forward cautiously. "Your mind influences your ES the most. Have you ever noticed that? Being conscious of your surroundings...it takes willpower to control it. Subconsciously, your mind let's your ES free because you haven't mastered it yet."

"Youngjae told me something like that," I murmured, gaze casted down. "As a Mentalist, I should do things more subconsciously."

Luhan nodded, pleased I understood. "And that's what I'm going to teach you from now on."

My eyes widened as I glanced up at him incredulously. "You? Teach me? How?"

Luhan shrugged his slender shoulders. I noticed how he seemed delicately framed but was actually very able-bodied, his fit arms and legs were toned. "By improving your concentration without stressing."

"I'm stressful now," I reminded him.

Luhan ignored that comment and tapped his chin thoughtfully, scanning around the garden. "Hmm...Key said you're like Zelo and Youngjae when they use their ES. Elusive, quiet, unintentional, and..." His gaze landed on me and I made a face at him. He chuckled amusedly. "...abstract. For example, my power is telekinesis, but it stretches over the domain of people's minds also - which is telepathy."

"Do you see things like Taemin?" I couldn't help but to ask him curiously.

"Ani," he replied. "But he's another example. His ES and Mentalist power of prognostication already...clicks - unintentionally and subconsciously. He hardly has to think about it - it just pops into his head. Although he's getting better at controlling it now, I hear."

I nodded affirmatively.

"Anyway," Luhan continued, "when you use any of your Mentalist abilities, when have you concentrated on it consciously and subconsciously?"

A knit formed between my brows as I sorted through my memories. "Hmm...when I warp the ES around me to make me invisible - that's willingly. But when I try to sense bonds and tenors - I let loose of my physical senses. I do the same thing for dreams. But foreboding senses alert me randomly."

Luhan smiled (I will not admit out loud it was adorable). "That's a good start. We'll practice your Sensory powers first."

I peered at him suspiciously. "Did Onew-oppa, Suho, or Kris give you permission to teach me?"

He grinned winningly. "Ne~"

"My soulmates?"

He pouted innocently. "Aniyo~"

"You better not annoy me, baka no shika," I muttered. "Tao told me you were a good person, but I beg to differ."

"Don't be like that," he pleaded with aegyo (my defenses crumbling). "I honestly want to help."

And annoy the only sanity I have left, I thought grimly. I sighed and wrung my hands. "So what do I do?"



...



(Kai's POV)

Kai might as well be a territorial wolf.

He'd gotten used to sharing Alaina with Taemin and seeing SHINee and Exo around her, but...if she was completely alone with someone, it bothered him.

Okay, 'bothered' was an understatement. He meant aggravated, unnerved, peeved.

Only a day had accumulated and he was acutely aware that his soulmate had one-on-one training with Luhan-his-annoying-but-lovable-hyung made him...fidgety.

He paced up and down the upstairs hall, occasionally pausing to peer out the window to see his soulmate and hyung practicing from below. Alaina was sitting cross-legged on the green grass with a blank, passive mask. Her beautifully-shaped eyes seemed unfocused, but whenever that mask broke, her eyes snapped back into reality, and she would sigh disappointedly and try to let loose again. Luhan provided helpful pointers and words of encouragement, also following along.

Even from upstairs, Kai notably sensed Alaina's ES flourish and billow, but upon lapsing onto reality again, it would subside and pulsate sporadically.

"You're making me want to pace," complained his hyung's angelic voice from down the hall. Taemin sluggishly lugged himself over to him.

"Blame your hyungs," muttered Kai. "They said to stay away from Alaina during her practice sessions. Now I'm pacing because I'm not next to her."

Taemin sighed miserably. "I know, it's because our ES reacts oddly with her. So it's best not to mess up her concentration."

Kai and Taemin leaned against the window frame, monitoring their soulmate's welfare like hawks. Kai felt a vein twitch, seeing how close Luhan was sitting in front of Alaina. Barely a foot away. Was Luhan observing her because he needed to supervise her well-being or because he was too intrigued about her? It had been a little less than a month since Exo-M met Alaina, and Luhan and Alaina never really gotten this cozy before...

Kai began growling when he saw Luhan slowly reach out, his fingertips hovering before Alaina's cheek. Taemin stiffened.

Then they both relaxed when Luhan dropped his hand just in time as Alaina blinked back from her daydream. They both saw their soulmate sigh, hampered by the failed trials. Luhan was saying something to her and she nodded blearily in response.

"That's it, I'm going down there," Kai proclaimed.

"Ah, wait-!"

Kai teleported.

 


...
 


(Luhan's POV)

Luhan had spent most of his day staring at Alaina's dreamy face.

Her beautiful, charming, timeless face. Features as fresh as a dewdrop. Contours as soft as a peach.

He wasn't kidding when her appearance made him feel...outranked.

Not like he cared.

For the first time in weeks, Luhan was alone with Alaina. Completely alone. With no one breathing down his neck (but the others were probably stalking him). Luhan could observe Alaina's features without appearing shameless. Of course, in intervals, Alaina would lapse in and out of reality, and he would prompt her to try again.

His eyes traced along her milky neck obscured behind her collar, the silver chain of her necklace glinting, then traveled up to her poised chin, veering upwards to the soft plane of her cheek. Her ivory skin looked very soft and smooth, healthy.

An image of Alaina's flustered, pink face resurfaced in his head. The second after Kai had kissed her the day Exo-M met her - their Peacemaker.

How can a girl like her be our Peacemaker? he mused to himself, lost in his thoughts of her. But, then again, she must be, because her very presence makes me...weird. His gaze was very, very tender as he regarded her. She looked utterly drowsy, only because she was trying to detach herself from her physical self. Luhan sensed her ES blooming like a flower. Unfurling petal by petal.

Involuntarily, like an inquisitive child, Luhan found himself slowly reaching out, intending to Alaina's smooth cheek.

But, simultaneously, Alaina's pale eyelids fluttered and she exhaled thickly, indicating she regained consciousness. He instantly dropped his hand onto his lap and smiled warily at her as she refocused.

"Didn't work out again?" he asked mildly.

Alaina sighed, hindered. "Something just...pulled me back. A prickle alerted me."

That was me, Luhan thought guiltily (not really), but didn't say so. "Just wait a second and calm down. Then start again. If you want, I can practice with you. Like get into your mind."

She looked genuinely surprised. "Would that really be a good idea?"

Luhan didn't get to answer when they both sensed Kai teleporting on scene. When the smoke died down, they saw him, godly face unamused, arms crossed.

"How's training?" he inquired, but with an edge. He shot a resentful glare at Luhan.

Luhan had to admit, he felt meek, like being scolded by a mother. He knows I almost touched her. So possessive, tsk tsk.

"It's coming along," Alaina allowed as Kai helped her to her feet, brushing off the grass that clung to her clothes. As always, their ES glued together.

"Jinja?" Kai leered at Luhan again.

What's your problem? Luhan mouthed.

You, was Kai's blunt reply.

Possessive jerk. Luhan mehronged.

Devil in deer's clothing, Kai retaliated.

Luhan scowled.

"What's with your faces?" asked Alaina queerly, puzzled by their silent altercation.

"Nothing, jagiya," Kai dismissed, hand placed on her back. "Kaja, you need to rest and eat something. Besides, Taemin-hyung is going crazy without you, too."

"Araso," she agreed, always concerned about her soulmates, and let him lead her back into the house. Luhan jumped to his feet and brushed off his pants.

"Geez, so mean, Kai," he complained under his breath. "Just when I could see her thoughts..." 

 


...
 


(Alaina's POV)

"Alaina..."

"Hmm?"

"Stop picking at your food and eat it."

With a tired sigh, I placed my fork down. "I'm really not hungry," I stated.

Key frowned at me. "You barely ate anything today for lunch and now nothing for dinner?"

"I had a snack," was my only mumbled response.

Key shook his head, not appeased. "Please eat something wholesome."

"Ne, you're really skinny," put in Sehun and stabbed his chopsticks at Lay's and Luhan's direction. "Like toothpick hyungs."

"Yah, who you calling skinny?" Luhan snapped, but playfully. Lay smiled affably, dimpling as he laughed.

I smiled softly at the warm scene, but I stood up, scooting my chair back. "Excuse me, I have homework to finish."

Everyone stared at me weirdly as I basically hurried out the dining room.

"She's still worried and anxious," Xiumin remarked simply around a mouthful of food.

"That's Alaina..." sighed almost everyone and continued eating. Taemin and Kai exchanged unsatisfied glances.

Currently I was in my room, stationed at my desk, and yes, I was doing my homework, but it was hard to concentrate. I carded my fingers through my hair agitatedly and my eyes landed on Ayano's letter. I hadn't replied in a while...

I shook my head fiercely, hitting the sides of my head with my fists. "Yadda, yadda," I stressed, "I shouldn't think like that. If I write a letter, I swear I'll start spilling everything out..."

"You know, you should speak in Korean so I can understand you."

I flinched and whirled around in my chair to see Kai striding into the room like he was on a runway. Did everyone walk like that or was I just uncoordinated?

This was the second time today Kai decided to randomly pop in when I was beating around the bush.

I swallowed and blurted out, "What happens if I don't want you to understand me?"

Kai leaned against the wall by the doorway, cocking a questionable brow. "Is that a challenge, or a statement?" he asked quietly.

Uh oh, his patience is pretty thin, isn't it? I fretted. I must've offended him. I bit my bottom lip anxiously. "Mianhae, I didn't mean it like that. I just..." I sighed loudly, raking my slender fingers through my glossy black hair. "I'm just trying to say is that...it's not advisable for you to understand everything about me. Especially my thoughts."

Kai's brows pinched together. "What do you mean? You don't...want my help?"

I shook my head fervently. "Ani! Ani! I appreciate your help, Kai. It's just-" I struggled for the right words, my voice dropping. "It's just...I don't like troubling people."

"I know," he replied softly, leaning away from the wall. "Everyone does. But you do need our help, and we give it away willingly."

I went limp over the back of the chair, hair veiling my brooding face. "I hate being weak," I grumbled, recalling Miryo's unspoken insults. The word weak kept pounding violently in my head.

Then warm fingers touched my chin and coaxed me to raise my head. The pestering thoughts died when I was mere centimeters from Kai's flawless, perfectly sculpted face as he knelt before me. His mocha orbs melted my insides.

"Who said you were weak?" whispered Kai gently.

My voice failed me. "I-I- didn't-"

Kissing was a very effective way to shut people up. Proven in real life and books. Kai cupped my face while I leaned in closer involuntarily.

"I definitely feel weak though," I murmured, Kai's lips brushing against mine. My cheeks were flushed. "Especially against kids...aegyo...my family..."

Kai kissed me again.

"...and my soulmates..."

Kai sighed. "That's a weakness, jagiya. Everyone has one." He bonked his forehead on mine and I giggled feebly. "No one is perfect. Think about it..." Our gazes locked. "...you're my weakness."

"I'm sorry," was my pitiful response.

"Don't be," said Kai in his low, alluring voice. "I will never ever mind."

Apparently I looked tired to Kai, so he scooped me up in his strong arms, deposited me on my bed, laid beside me, and I snuggled up against his side, his arm secured around me. I loved his warmth and touch.

We were quiet for a long time. 

"Jongin," I whispered, finally breaking the silence, "do you forget you're not human sometimes?"

Kai hummed slightly, a lovely sound. With my ear pressed against his chest, I listened to the music. Plump lips were pressed against my forehead.

"Always."

I closed my eyes.

"Me, too."

 


...

 

 


Disclaimer: I don't own any of those pics/gifs, especially the ones with Exo. ;A;

More spam. :D

(P.S. The current wallpaper on my phone is ^)

(Always stressing how they are one, don't they?)

(So aD.O.rbs >.<)

(Dang right he does.)

(AD.O.rable son and umma)

(We see you Hunhan. ~_^)

(If you believe, then it's true. Take Duizhang for example.)

(*sobs* The beautiful maknaes and their powers + butterfly)

(During DJ Got Us Fallin' In Love Again. Gosh, why did I put it there? D__O Very nice hips? Which one do you like: Sehun, Chanyeol, D.O, or Luhan?)

(Babo sons, didn't your parents teach you manners? RLAB)

My lovely readers, please with Exo on top, vote for my story! I feel like no one cares about me...

Okay, that's all the spam I'll do. Hope I entertained y'all! Please don't hate me for my slow updates. I've been having a writer's block lately. I re-edited this chapter ten times and I'm still not satisfied. (Hence, why I distracted you with spam. It worked, yes?) And the fluffiness made me squeal in embarrassment...

NOTE: I will be still be revising the chapters for 'Guardian', but also 'UTCOU, NLUTCOU'. It will be a while until I update again, because I have projects and some other business... But I promise to update again during my Thanksgiving Break, but I'm not sure which fic.

Until then, I love you! ~SS