Chapter 35

Guardian
*Re-uploaded old version*
 
Another filler chapter with some shortness. Sorry about that lately, just hang on for a bit. Excuse me for mistakes or confusion. Thanks so much for comments or subscriptions! It was a good thing the last chapter was short because not long after I updated, I suddenly was whisked to my cousin's house and stayed there until past midnight. Er. My sleeping cycles are messed up. AT THE VERY BOTTOM, I HAVE NEWS/QUESTION!!!!

 

 

(Onew's POV)

Onew was in his office, diligently working on his schoolwork, head bent as he jotted down an essay. He was disrupted from his concentration when his M-Tech laptop (from the Reversed World), beeped twice, signaling he had a message. Curious, he grabbed the laptop - which was sleek and compressed - and opened it. The screen flashed on, and indeed, he had a message, but someone he didn't expect to be mailed from.

"Victoria noona?" he muttered to himself in puzzlement. "Why would she contact me?" To find out, he opened the message and read it.

To: Lee Jinki (Onew)

From: Song Qian (Victoria)

Onew, I know this is a unlike me to contact you out of the blue, but I just wanted to warn you of some strange anomaly that has occurred in f(x)'s territory here around in New York. You should remember that we were stationed here because of the female demon group Brown Eyed Girls - or BEG. In the past few years, they haven't been active or dangerous since we last encountered them. But recently, Amber and Krystal had affirmed that BEG has moved positions very discreetly. Just yesterday, BEG took a plane to South Korea - which is where your group, SHINee, EXO, and Suju are posted. I'm have no idea why BEG suddenly transferred to South Korea, but be cautious. I have already mailed Leeteuk, Kris, and Suho just in case. Be wary of BEG, their powers are very...intimidating and disorienting. We were not sure if we should've pursued them, but seeing how many guardians commissioned in South Korea, we agreed to stay behind and keep up our search for the Peacemaker here and let you guys decided what to do with BEG. I had tried contacting home communication base (HCB) about the situation, but they have not responded back yet. Also, please send details about your progression of the Peacemaker search, we have no leads here. Amber, Krystal, Sulli, and Luna say hi and be safe. Thank you for your time. ~Victoria

By the time Onew had finished reading the mail thoroughly, someone knocked on the door and came in. Suho.

"Did you get Victoria noona's mail?" he asked instantly, stroding in with his M-Tech laptop tucked under one arm.

Onew nodded and furrowed his brows. "Why would BEG suddenly come here?"

"Do you think...?" Suho trailed off, letting the thought hang in the air.

Onew sighed and deflated his shoulders. "Ne, that's exactly what I think."

They both were silent before Onew spoke up again, finishing the train of thought.

"BEG is coming after Alaina."

 

...

 

(Alaina's POV)

I find it an accomplishment that nothing bad or dangerous happened to me or my family in ten days! That's the longest record yet!

To my joy, I was back in school and working at the cafe again. It made me feel independent (kind of) and normal again. No danger lurking around every turn (that I knew of) and I was allowed to be outside for that matter.

Since finding out my true identity, I met more of my extended family: EXO-M and gotten to know them when they would visit occasionally - via teleportation by Kai (much to his reluctantness). Kris was the fatherly figure while Lay was like the motherly figure. Luhan was the young-looking uncle, Xiumin the food-loving uncle, Chen the musical uncle, and Tao the maknae and lovable baby of the group. They didn't really need to visit us, but they had a need to since Tao insisted playing with me and Sehun and to check up on the Block B problem now and then with Suho and Onew. They also were a bigger addition to my protection detail.

Bit by bit, B.A.P. were growing into the family. Zelo was my best friend while his hyungs - Yongguk, Daehyun, and Youngjae - were like my oppas. Their personalities finally appeared from being drowned out by the former demons inside them. Zelo was smart, playful, and sweet. Yongguk was orderly, protective, and warm-hearted. Daehyun was kind, quiet, and brotherly. Youngjae was lazy, calm, and level-headed. 

Lately, when I wasn't at work or submerged in schoolwork, I'd be out in the backyard with Key or Zelo or Youngjae, trying to control and maintain my ES.

"My ES sure reacts to everything," I murmured one time. "Watch this." I held out my hand towards a bushel of flowers. I hovered my hands back and forth and the flowers twitched and slowly began to mimic my hand movements like they were swaying in the wind.

Key sighed. "Don't worry about it. Soon you'll be able to control your ES."

"You're catching up fast," praised Zelo helpfully. "Since you're naturally calm, the meditation lessons are no problem for you."

I pointed at myself. "I'm a Mentalist remember?"

Key chuckled. "Ne. Hmm..." He rubbed his chin thoughtfully. "Maybe we should get Luhan to teach you. He's a strong Mentalist."

When the picture of the doll-faced guardian popped in my head, I immediately thought 'awwwww'.

"You shouldn't have said that, hyung," muttered Kai, who was also present to watch over me 'from the attention-snatching Zelo'. "She keeps going all 'awww' when you mention Luhan hyung."

"What?" I defended myself. "He's prince charming."

Kai pouted. "Then what am I?"

"The spawn of a god," I replied bluntly. It sounded like I had said, 'the spawn of the annoying devil'.

Kai leaned back in the patio chair, hands behind his head haughtily. He smirked. "I like the sound of that."

I rolled my eyes and Zelo and I both muttered in unison, "Cocky jerk." We snapped our heads to each other in surprise then bursted out laughing.

Kai frowned at our friendliness while Key's lips twitched an amused smile.

"Aigoo, you two are like twins," Key said, looking at us warmly. He certainly accepted Zelo now.

"Who says we aren't," we both pipped up, then started laughing again at our unprompted synchronization.

Kai waved his hands at us. "Araso. This is why I'm here. Break up you two." I smiled at the sight of a jealous Kai and pecked his cheek to appease him.

All of the guardians clamored out into the backyard a few minutes later. EXO-M was here because Minho had suggested playing a game of football since they haven't played a game in a while. Luhan and Xiumin were big fans of football and accepted the challenge without blinking an eye. I urged Kai, Key, and Zelo to play and they both did. Sitting on the patio, I watched the teams be organized. It was SHINee, B.A.P., and Kai on one team, while the rest of EXO was on the other. Even then, the SHINee team was at a disadvantage by one.

"Alaina~" sang Sehun mirthfully, waving his arms at me. "Play with us, too~"

I blinked and shook my head modestly. "I - uh - I'm not good with football!" I objected.

"Ah, come on! It's just for fun!" urged Tao.

I had no choice when Taemin ran up to me and took my hand, leading me to the clustered SHINee team. Minho patted my back reassuringly and Jonghyun gave me two thumbs up. Kai ruffled my hair and Taemin patted it down.

"Araso!" shouted out Kris. "No one is allowed to use their powers! Understood?"

"Ne," we all chorused and some of us giggled like Tao and Chanyeol. Youngjae was the goalie for the SHINee team while D.O. was for the EXO team.

"Ready?" called out Chen from the other side of the backyard.

Everyone shouted out their affirmations. The game started.

EXO had the ball first and surged forward with Xiumin kicking the ball, weaving in and out from the opposing players. He kicked the soccer ball to Chen when he was blocked by too many players. Chen only made it a few yards when Taemin came by with a sliding kick. The ball rolled away.

"Nice one," laughed Chen, not miffed the ball was stolen from him. Getting up to his feet and dusting of his pants, Taemin smiled at him affably.

As the ball was knocked away and Zelo rushed over to kick it towards Daehyun before EXO caught up. The ball sailed over everyone's head and Daehyun stopped it by letting it thud on his chest and he kicked it towards Key. Onew and Jonghyun covered his tail as he swiftly proceeded to the goal (which was between two flower pots). No one was paying attention to me as I stood ready in a good spot. Key saw me wave at him and doggedly kicked the ball towards me. Before everyone could reach me, I pinpointed my best to aim, and shot the ball at the goal. D.O. lunged to catch the ball but it flew past his fingers and I made it.

"Omo!" I gave a little excited jump. I couldn't believe I made the first point of the game!

"Daebak!" Onew, Key, Lay, and Baekhyun applauded at my good work.

Sehun was also jumping up and down hyperactively. "Yay, princess!"

"See, you are a good player!" praised Suho, smiling at me charmingly. Delighted at the attention, I blushed.

"Yeobo is great at everything," Taemin said to me, smiling proudly. I rolled my eyes and took his hand to return to the game.

There was some funny moments in the game. Like when Baekhyun kicked the soccer ball a little too harshly and Chanyeol yelped and ducked his head just in time before it smacked him in the face. The two soulmates were bantering, Chanyeol fake crying why Baekhyun would want to kill him. Another time when Tao had the ball and wasn't really in a hurry to proceed. He confused everyone by bouncing off his knees and chest and head, then it was like the ball had disappeared, but really, he had let it sail behind him to Luhan, and Luhan snuck forward while everyone was badgering why Tao tricked them. (They backed off when Kris sent them a glare.) Onew tripped once and toppled over Minho and Lay in a heap - all of us singing "Onew condition~" and cracked up laughing. Then another Onew moment was when he accidentally kicked the ball and it hit Jonghyun in the rear end and bounced over to Yongguk. Nursing his rear end, Jonghyun whined to his leader why he did that and Onew only replied bashfully, "Mianhae, I wasn't aiming."

Although I was more of a basketball or baseball girl, I was pretty decent with kicking the ball and not using my hands. I was agile and swift like Taemin but sneaky and quiet like Kai. My soulmates were the ultimate twin pair in football. They needed no communication and combined with their great footwork, they scored the most points. Although, my team was winning, I was sympathetic towards D.O. who was very ticked off everytime Kai purposely distracted him with taunts or whines while Taemin scored the goals.

Now I had the ball and was speeding away from Kris and Lay (everyone kept going easy on me). Suddenly I sensed Luhan doing a sliding kick and I impulsively jumped over him while he successfully hurled the ball over to Suho.

I pouted at him and accused him, "Awww! You just had to do that! You're lucky I didn't want to collide with you!"

He laughed, a sweet, musical sound. "Mian, princess." He got up and dusted off his pants.

"Did Sehun rub on you with the whole 'princess' name-calling thing?" I questioned him, raising a brow.

Luhan smiled cheekily at me. "Maybe. You refer to me as a prince, so I'm just returning the favor by calling you a princess."

I blushed and made a cute, disgruntled face at him. "Ani, you can't do that. Only Sehunnie can!"

"Yah, are you flirting with her again?" shouted Kai from the other side of the field.

"And here I thought I was a flirt," said Xiumin with a laugh.

I ran away from Luhan to Kai and Taemin. "The deer-boy is teasing me!" I cried out, faking tears comically. Taemin enveloped me in a hug.

Chanyeol and Baekhyun bursted out laughing, clutching at their stomachs. "Deer-boy? I thought only Kris hyung and Xiumin hyung referred to him as that?" chortled Chanyeol. Luhan made a face at them.

"Luhan ouji-sama no baka," I muttered in Taemin's chest. He heard that and laughed.

The game dragged on until the sun was setting and dipped in the horizon. Key, D.O., Lay, and I offered to retire early to start cooking dinner. Lay brightened when I said I wanted to cook a Japanese dinner. In the kitchen, he drilled me with questions relating anything to Japan.

"Have you ever wore a kimono?" he asked me.

"Thrice. For festivals," I replied with a warm smile.

"Are the festivals there fun?"

"Ne, I love them. Especially the food and decorations."

"Is Tokyo like Seoul?"

"Based on population and characteristics, ne, but the feeling is different."

Key chuckled, seeing how Lay was like an inquisitive child. "We should go there one day. Maybe even visit your orphanage."

My heart softened, and I glanced down distantly, thinking about my childhood. I felt better that everyone knew of my past. I hide no more secrets from them and they accepted the acts quite well. "I'd like that," I whispered.

D.O. and Lay exchanged concerned glances. They had almost forgotten I was an orphan.

I brightened up so they wouldn't worry about me. "I'd really like you to meet Ayano and especially Yuki. Maybe you should try writing to them, too. Usually it's only Ayano who replies back, though - for everyone."

"I'd love to try writing in Japanese," agreed Key with a pleasant smile. "I hear Taem has been recently focusing more on Japanese."

I nodded. "He wants just the two of us to speak in Japanese. It's so Kai won't understand what we're saying." I chuckled at the amusing thought.

D.O. nudged Lay to whisper, "Awww. Lover's language." Lay nodded in agreement.

 

...

 

(Third Person POV)

"So this is the school?" wondered a husky pitched female. "Humph. Seems like a doll-house."

"It's the place the kid told us," confirmed her female companion. "I guess we start going here tomorrow, huh?"

The first women chuckled darkly. "I guess so. I wonder who we're going to meet."

"We'll just wait a see, won't we? Like the Peacemaker for example. She goes here."

 

...

 

 


NEWS: I have another idea for an awesome EXO fanfic but I won't be posting it until I have the plotline planned out and some drafts of chapters. It includes you and EXO! May I warn you, the beginning will have little EXO kids! Will they have their powers? Yes. Will there be romance? I have no idea but definitely some love! I'm not sure who are the main love interests but let's wait and see! :D
QUESTION: I am honestly curious, someone asked what are the powers/skills of the Suju members, so I am asking you to match a reasonable super power or gift for them. You write it like this neatly in your comment.
EXAMPLE:
Leeteuk - Super Senses
Donghae - Super Strength
Reply soon!!!!!! SARANGHAE!