Earth Rules

My boyfriend is a...dragon?

You cried as you walked. The memory was still fresh and deeply etched in your mind. It still hurts. Yet a part of you still loved him. You hated yourself for being so ridiculously in love with him, even after being rejected in such a torturous way. His cold and heartless eyes condemned you, but somehow you have the urge to look at it again.

What a wreck you are Min Hee, you frowned.

*****

Kris glided through the sky. He felt so peaceful being able to use his powers again. He looked down at the city landscape. It was bustling with activity, as usual. He scanned the streets and he spotted a familiar figure. Actually, the only figure he can remember on this planet. Min Hee.

That figure had her head low and her shoulders were shaking slightly. He quickly dived down into a dark alley and walked before you.

As you were walking with your head bent. You didn't notice a man before you. You bumped squarely into his chest. The second time you've bumped into someone today.


'I'm..sorry...' you choked on your tears as you apologised, but that person was unforgiving and grabbed your wrist firmly. Alarmed, you looked up at him.

It was Kris. He was smirking at you, happy to have surprised you, but it immediately disappeared when he saw your tear-stained face. You yanked your hand out of his grasp.

'What are you doing here?!' you glanced around. He was still wearing his ridiculous cape, and that smirk...

'I was flying around and I-' '

Hold up. You were flying?!' your voice went up a few notches. Your state of panic rose with your voice. You hadn't really calmed down since that Key's incident, and here he was trying to endanger the both of you.

'Are you mad!! What if someone sees you! In broad daylight! They'll have you and me arrested! Thrown into an asylum! Prison! What-'

He cut you off by pulling you into an embrace. 'Keep quiet and hold still for a sec.' he whispered softly.

It was like a switch. You instantly relaxed in his arms. He was really warm and comfortable...and he had really strong arms too. It felt safe and secure to be in his embrace. All your bad memories vanished at that instant.

Your eyes widened in horror as you snapped back into reality. You roughly pushed him back.

'What. Are. You. Doing?!?!' you shrieked, earning curious looks from passer-bys. Your face was now redder than brick. Gripping your bag, you walked past him and marched to your house. He followed behind you, catching up with you quickly within a few strides. Damn it, why must he be so tall.

'You feeling better now?' his voice was full of concern.

'What?' you asked, neither stopping nor looking at him.

'I saw you crying, and so I came down to see you.' He confessed. You stopped in your tracks and gazed at him.

'What did you say..?'

'I heard that humans hug when to comfort each other...so...' he smiled sheepishly. The anger towards him ceased. He was caring for you? Your heart swelled with warmth. No one had really done that to you before. You were genuinely touched, but you didn't want it to show it.

'Oh yeah? Well FYI, males aren't allowed to hug females as and when they like, you know.' you began your walk again.

'But I am not human.' he retorted. You glared at him. He was right though.

'But...but this is earth! So rules apply!' you made up some lame argument and started to run away from him. He chuckled.

This girl is willing to accept me so openly. I admire her trust on me.


A/N: I was an idiot and I deleted this away -.- reposted, hopefully it's the same as the previous one, bc I can't remember what I've edited zzz