Scars.

The Class Breakers

Taemin's POV.

 

Another day to spend with my Mom.

She told me she wanted to eat chicken porridge, so I bought two--for mom and me. It was a quite delight moment when someone knocked at the door. I immediately opened and saw him standing in front of me.

It was a man. He was quite tall and looked presentable, before I realized it was my dad. I also saw a beautiful, graceful woman stood next to him. She wore like branded dress and nice heels.

"Why are you here? Just get off, we don't need you anymore," I said. The woman was taken aback but didn't say anything.

"I come here to apologize."

I sighed and was about to close the door when suddenly he held it, "Let me talk with your mom..."

I sharply looked at him and shook my head.

"No, just get off, Dad."

"Give me another chance to explain..."

"There's nothing to explain. Just don't make things get worst," I replied. He was a bit shocked with my denial of his existence but he kept begging me to let them--my dad and that stranger--in.

"Please give him another chance," the woman finally spoked. She has this sweet, smooth voice, which fits her graceful look. But uh... why did I care?

"Who are you?" I asked.

"I'm your dad's wife..."

...Wife?

What the ?

"You two can go away now."

"Taemin, I just want to apologize and--"

"Just go away. You're not my dad anymore--"

"Taemin, just let them in," Mom suddenly spoked. I frowned and was about to protest but this man and his new wife impudently went in.

"But Mom!"

"Taemin, you can go out now..." she said. I glanced at my dad and sighed.

My mom doesn't deserve this kind of life.

We don't deserve this kind of life...


He finally came out, followed by the woman. She stopped right in front of me and smiled.

"Taemin, we should leave now," she kindly said to me who was sitting at the hospital hallway's seat. I replied with only a small, cold nod, and she bitterly smiled.

I then immediately came into my mom's room. She was looking at the room's wide window.

"Mom...?"

She didn't answer but what I knew was: she was crying at the moment.

I slowly walked closer and sat next to her.

It must hurt. A lot.

"Mom..."

Tears kept falling down from her eyes, down to the cheek, sometimes it went to the corner of her lips which formed another bitter smile. It must have been hard being left for years and beared all alone. It must have been hard taking care of me since I was a little boy until then. It also must hurt when the memory was slowly fading away but suddenly, without warning, it all came back.

"Look, I was right... You shouldn't have let him in..."

"Taemin," she wiped away her tears, "Don't you have English course with Krystal?"

"Mom," I interrupted. "How would I leave you when it's like this? I knew I shouldn't let that jerk in!"

She smiled and patted my hair. "You can't hate your dad like that."

"He's not my dad."

"No, Taemin. I don't care how bad your dad is, or how many times you say that he's not your dad, he'll always still be your dad. You can't hate your dad either, it's not good."

"I would if he didn't leave us at the first place..." I murmured. She didn't reply and I couldn't say anything.

"I'm so dizzy right now," she suddenly said, touching her head. I then laid her on the bad and pulled the blanket to cover her.

"Just go sleep, Mom."

"You have to go home right now..."

"No, I want to accompany you."

"No, Taemin. Go home now. I can do everything myself," she laughed, "Don't worry. It's okay."

I nodded and finally left after she fell asleep.

It was night when I walked home and looked up at the sky. Not a very beautiful one, it was a bit cloudy, but I could still see the stars.

And somehow I hope, everything would go right.

Mom, me... and my dad.


"Not today, sorry."

"It's been 2 weeks and your progress is getting worse," Krystal warned, "Come on, just for today, okay? Ms. Hwang keeps calling me and asking why your progress went down lately."

I sighed and turned back ignoring her who was yelling at me.

"Why are you such ignorant!?" she yelled. I stopped and turned away.

"Why do you even bother to care?" 

"I... I..."

She bit her lips and played with her fingers. I folded my arms, "I what?"

"I... Uhm, I actually..."

"I have to go now, sorry. Maybe next time."

"But..."

"Next time," I replied and turned back, leaving her.

"Where are you going?" she suddenly asked.

"Why do you really want to know? Oh come on, I should go now!" I yelled. She kept asking silly questions and it was just a waste of time. Ugh.

"Could I come?"

"What?"

"I... I want to go with you."

"What?"

"No! It's not like I want to date with you... I just, I just want to go somewhere. I'm bored," she made puppy eyes, "Please? Please?"

I sighed and shrugged, "Up to you."

"YEAY!!!" she suddenly exclaimed, "Uh... I mean, okay. Thanks."

I frowned and shook my head.

She's really weird.


"Mrs. Lee! Good afternoon~" 

I cringed at her trying-to-be-cute voice to Mom, but she didn't look it and just walked to my Mom's bed. She only smiled then frowned, "Who are you? Are you Taemin's friend?"

Krystal looked at me while I was stoned at Mom's sudden reaction to Krystal.

"Wh--Wha..."

"She's Krystal, Mom," I immediately spoke, "My classmate. She is also my English tutor."

She nodded, "Nice to meet you, Krystal."

Krystal still looks at me curiously, and I shrugged, pretended like I knew nothing.

It had been worse, I guess.

"So... How's the day been, Mom?" I asked, sitting down on her bed. 

"Just fine," she shortly replied.

Krystal elbowed me and frowned like asked me why the hell Mom could forget her already. I elbowed back and whispered, "Later. Just shut up."

She finally calmed down and I saw Mom looking at us, curiously. I just cringed then suddenly she asked, "Are you two... in a relationship?"

"WHAT?!" Krystal and I shouted, looking at each other and gave her fake laughs.

"No, Mom, she's just my friend..."

"Yes, Mrs. Lee. We're just friends, just friends," she confirmed. Mom nodded and smiled, "I'd be happy if you two are dating, though. But it's okay."

"Wha--Mom, have you had your medicine? Let me help you with it," I said. 

...Mom sometimes is really honest.

Too honest, maybe.


I had fake cough to break the ice between us walking on the street. I didn't know what she was thinking about, but, yeah... I was afraid it was because of my Mom but... yeah, ugh. I don't know.

"So," I said, "When will we have the next English lesson?"

She looked at me but didn't reply. I coughed again, but she still didn't reply.

What the .

"Why did your Mom suddenly forget my name?"

I stopped walking. It was about 5 minutes silence between us, again.

"W--Well, if you don't want to tell me right now, it's okay..." she said nervously, "Let's just go home. We will miss the bus."

"Everything..."

"Eh?"

"She'll slowly forget everything."

"What?"

"I didn't know how or when it started but it's the disease where she would slowly forget everything--family, friends, even the way to eat, speak or walk."

"I'm sorry..." she came closer to me.

"She will slowly forget me too," I gritted my teeth. It somehow hurt how your mom would eventually forget her own child, but yeah, I didn't want to look weak in front of Krystal. Never.

She then stood up in front of me, and crying. I was taken aback by her sudden action while everyone passing looked at me like I was a suspect. What the ?

"Wait--Krystal, why are you crying!?" I shook her body, but she kept crying.

...It should have been me, to be honest.

"I didn't know it, I'm sorry," she tried to stop crying and wiped her tears, "It must've been hard, right?"

She suddenly my hair, "Sorry, I shouldn't have asked it at the first place..."

I was stoned and not able to say anything.

"Let's go, we'll be late for the bus," she wiped the tears on her cheek and smiled, then grabbed my hand.

I looked at her who pulled me, and I just realized she, uh, she was very pretty when she smiled.

I secretly smiled and held her hand tighter, felt the warmness ran through my body.


 

SORRY

SORRY FOR THE LATE UPDATE JUST UGH T___T SORRY T___T

;;__;;

Enjoy reading n____n