THE WILLING LIFELINE

FOREVER IN ABYSS

 

 

 

“Why didn’t you tell us?” Ryosuke inquired. He was leaning towards Ryutaro. All JUMP was gathered on Ryu’s room.

 

It was fairly hard for them to convince Ryutaro’s parents that Ryutaro’s disappearance shouldn’t be reported. They tried the best liar just to ease the parent’s fear and anger.

 

“It was basically my problem so I tried to handle it on my own.” Ryu answered. He was leaning on his pillow to support his back. The wounds in his wrists due to the rope that was used to him were still visible. The small cut in his face was already healing. The only fascinating fact about him was there was no vampire bites in his neck.

 

“You were being stalked by a vampire and yet it seemed nothing to you?” It was Yuto.

 

“It was just one vampire. I am more capable of taking care of it.” Ryu debated.

 

“But then she was able to take you.”

 

“Well, she was pretty strong and sneaky.”

 

“I just couldn’t believe this, most of you guys are vampire hunters?” Ryosuke looked at the other members. “And I even grew to believe that vampires aren’t real?” he glared in annoyance.

 

“Gomenasai.” It was Yuya. He was fidgeting at a silver knife. It was fashionably old since the patterns on the handle was really intricately sculpted. “We just wanted to protect the younger ones so we didn’t include you.”

 

“Demo… Ryu?” It was Keito. He was seated beside Ryu and was examining a certain manga that he picked from the floor.

 

“Ryu learned that Daiki was training. He threatened us that if we didn’t let him train, he would reveal this secret to JE. We couldn’t afford that. Many would be affected, even our sempais.” Yabu explained.

 

“How come there were a lot of you?” Yuri asked. “There were very few vampires.”

 

“There were many of them. As of what we heard, after the last dreamer predicted that there would be a huge chaos in the vampire clan, the clan separated in two groups. There was a huge mutiny that even the normal human world felt.

 

“There were wars everywhere, natural disasters and social conflicts followed. The two division of the clan have a continuous hatred until now. We, the vampire hunters, we track them down and kill them, whatever clan they may belong. They are a threat to humanity.” Kota said. “The vampires are quite influential in the society and it is getting harder to track them down so the hunters kept on recruiting more colleagues.”

 

The dreamer predicted chaos? Yuri kept on wondering towards this event. His life was entangled with the vampires and he was a dreamer. If it is true that he could tell the danger, then the vampires in that mansion were really in a difficult situation. He hadn’t told JUMP about his so called power because it was hard to tell whether it was good or bad.

 

“I will really go back to that mansion and kill those blood- tramps.” Ryutaro said angrily.

 

“Demo… not all of them are bad. Most of them do not harm  humans.” Yuri disagreed.

 

“Eh, look at what happened to me. I almost became a slave. Those vampires are risk to us. They bring danger and even fear.”

 

“I didn’t see anything like that,” Yuri debated. “Except for Oburi-chan.”

 

“Eh, you call her Oburi-chan?!”

 

Yuri just shrugged.

 

 

Yuri was running and huffing. He kept on glancing at his back. There was a horde of black birds following him. He needed to get away from them, from those flashing red eyes, and dangerously sharp teeth.

 

He wasn’t paying attention in front of him when he felt a huge thing block his way. He looked at the block and stumbled forward. He came face to face with… “Oburi-chan?” he whispered as he realized who he bumped into.

 

Oburi was sprawled on the dirt. Her velvet dress was soaked with water. Had she been in the rain?Yuri wondered.

 

Oburi wasn’t paying attention to him. There was dread in her watery eyes as she stared at the horde above her but then she smiled. “Are you going to kill me?”  she asked still smiling though there was sadness and pain in her eyes. The fear that was there when she saw the horde was immediately gone.

 

The black birds soared towards her. Yuri felt his mind malfunction when he did the most stupid thing in the world. He hovered on top of Oburi trying to shield her body from the black mass.

 

The mass, though didn’t seem to care that he was there. They passed through him as if he was mere smoke and went to devour Oburi’s body.

 

Oburi, as if seeing Yuri for the first time smiled at him, “Tell Ryuu that I love him,” she whispered.

 

“Aaahhh!” Yuri woke up in a startle. He clasped his chest which is beating hard.

 

“What happened?!” Ryosuke who was beside him asked. The other Jump members also woke because of his shout.

 

He breathed fast trying to calm his system. He felt a glass of cold water was pressed in his cheek. He looked up to see Kei handing it to him. With trembling hands, Yuri took it and with Kei’s help gulped it down. The coldness shocked his senses but it felt good as it moved down towards his lungs. The liquid was calming his system.

 

There was concerned in the eyes of his co-members. They were staring at him and waiting for him to say something. They decided to sleep-over Ryuu’s house to make sure that the kid wouldn’t do anything stupid, again.

 

Yuri snapped and held Ryuu’s wrists. “Oburi!” he exclaimed.

 

Ryutaro stared at him in confusion.

 

“I saw them gnaw her body,” Yuri said. “Oburi needs you, Ryuu, or else she might die.” Yuri told the younger one.

 

Ryutaro smirked. “Whoever did that, I’ll thank them,” he said.

 

Yuri felt his stomach burned with anger at what Ryutaro said. He clenched his fist and lurched himself on his bestfriend. He was about to pound Ryuu’s face but his wrist was caught by Yuya. The rest of the members pulled him off.

 

“Ryuu, you can’t just let her be. You are her lifeline. She needs you!” he shouted while trying to pull away from the others. Yuri didn’t know where his bad temper came. He didn’t even know that he could sympathize with a vampire, let alone a vampire who kidnapped Ryuu, but he really wanted to knock some senses on his bestfriend.

 

“She told me to tell you that she loves you.” Yuri finally blurted out.

 

Ryutaro looked at his best friend. The rest of the members were looking at him. Ryutaro sighed heavily. “Ok, fine. Let’s check it out.” He said looking bored.

 

The other members especially the Best who were hunters snapped in action. They took out their weapons.

 

Kota saw that Ryosuke, Keito and Yuto were also following. “You three, better go back. We will handle this.”

 

“And miss out on the action? Who do you think we are?” Ryosuke said sarcastically.

 

“This is not some kind of a party, Yama-chan. This is very dangerous.”

 

The young one just shrugged.

 

“Geez, you are hard-headed.” Kota complained.

 

 

 

In the middle of the night, they crept and reached the mansion. As expected, there was a soft flicker of light coming from inside the huge house.

 

“Wow! That is one huge house.” Yuto exclaimed beside Yuri. “And all of the women vampires there are really pretty?” he asked curiously.

 

“Stop fantasizing about vampires Yuto, they are dangerous.” Hikaru commented.

 

Yuto just grinned at the guy.

 

Yuri walked down the familiar path and before he could knock on the front door, it opened revealing the flustered Shizuka.

 

“I should have known.” Yuri commented.

 

“Thank goodness you came.” She exclaimed and reached out to Yuri but gasped as silver pointed weapons were drawn in front of her. Yuya and Inoo already had their weapons ready.

 

“Put it down, guys.” Yuri commanded.

 

“Yeah, put it down, can’t you see, you are scaring her.” It was Keito, trying to lower the weapons.

 

Shizuka gulped as she stared at Keito, there was a sudden blush in her cheeks but she lowered her gaze immediately. This didn’t escape Yuri’s eyes. He looked at her and then at Keito who was busy calming the Hunters and smiled at himself in understanding.

 

Shizuka opened the door for them. She let them in, the dreamer, the hunters and the normal guys.

 

Eyes looked at them when they stepped in the living room. Some of them were wary seeing the silvery pointed objects and the fearsome Hunters walked in.

 

Yuri felt the hunters snapped at their silver weapons except for Ryutaro who gasped.

 

“Ryutaro, thanks goodness.” It was Aya, she came towards them, there were hints of tears at her eyes.

 

Yuri immediately felt himself extend his arms to her, but Aya didn’t care. She took hold of Ryutaro’s arms and dragged him in front of Oburi.

 

Yuri took a step forward. Oburi had her eyes closed. She was laying in the huge couch, her hair was in a tangled mess, her clothes which Yuri saw in his dream was torn. There were gushes in her body, bites of sharp teeth all over her arms, legs, stomach and back and blood was everywhere. It was a horrible sight.

 

 

 

Ryutaro stood there. He stared at Oburi for a long time before he was nudged by Shizuka. Sandie and Yuki tried to clean her body but of no prevail. Blood just kept on oozing from her wounds.

 

Ryutaro’s stomach clenched as he felt a sudden tug in his chest. His breathing felt heavy as he stared at her body. Her face was almost unrecognizable due to the gashes and slashes.

 

“Black wings, they did this to her.” It was Yuki who looked up to him. “Please do something.” She pleaded.

 

Ryutaro gulped and stepped forward. He leaned down and touched her face. He never touched her face before though he knew it would be soft but right now, the softness was gone. “Oburi…” he whispered.

 

Oburi seemed to have heard his voice since she half-opened her eyes. She smiled bitterly. “Am I dead? Since I can see Ryuu… I maybe in heaven…” she whispered weakly.

 

“Shut up!” Ryuu exclaimed and with all his might carried her body, bridal style. Nobody said anything as he carried her towards the familiar stairs to her room.

 

Ryuu put down her limp body in her immaculately clean bed. He touched the white bed sheets, it wasn’t how he used to remember it. It was crumpled and stinking with his blood and it was just yesterday.

 

He stared at the girl before him. She passed out again. He tried to gulp down the lump in his throat and breathed heavily as he felt tears trying to escape his eyes. He felt pained and he knew that it was a wrong feeling. He should be feeling happy right now since the girl who put him in an enormous ordeal the day after was almost dying and he didn’t even do anything yet.

 

He gulped again before slapping her face mildly making sure that he didn’t touch any of the slashes in there. “Oburi,” he called her again.

 

As if in trance, Oburi opened her eyes. She smiled as she saw his sweet face through half-opened eyes.

 

Ryutaro didn’t want to take anymore chances. He opened the zipper of his dark jacket. His milky white skin tantalized Oburi’s eyes. He was wearing a white sleeveless shirt inside.

 

Ryutaro gently pulled up Oburi’s head and back so that she was sitting in the bed. He pulled her close to him, near enough for her to bite in his pulse. “Bite it,” he commanded.

 

Oburi chuckled. “I’m really dead, am I or else I might be near death since I am hallucinating?”

 

“Damn it Oburi, just bite and .” He said guiding her lips in his neck. He tilted it to give her more access when he felt her lips touch his pulse.