DESPERATION

FOREVER IN ABYSS

 

Yuto poured blood on Haruka's wound. They watched in anticipation.

 

After quite sometime, they accepted the fact that Satomi was right. Yuto was not the rio-bios.

 

"We really need the blood of the rio-bios. Sooner or later, we have to find him. He was the only one who would be able to help us." It was Yuri.

 

Once he and Yuya heard what happened, they rushed to the mansion.

 

Yuya sighed while Kei slumped on the floor beside Haruka's bed.

"It is all my fault! If I didn't let that girl in my head, this won't have happened to Haruka!" He took a handful of hair in his head and tugged at it in frustration.

 

"Stop that, Kei-kun. It is not as if I am also on my proper head at that time." Ryutaro who was with Keito said.

 

"Kei, moping around will not help. We will think of other ways, don't worry." Kota said an looked at Yuya. "Do you have any idea how to find the rio-bios?"

 

Yuya stared on his feet in what seemed like a pensive manner before he shook his head.

 

"You are a guardian. You might have some clues where to find him."

 

Yuya shook his head in frustration. "I am not sure, really." Even if there are clues as to where he is, I wouldn't be able to figure it out. Kei is the genius here, not me."

 

Kei stared at him while Yuto and Ryosuke sighed in frustration. Daiki, on the other hand tried to nurse Yuto's slice on his wrist. "How about Yuri, you might have picked up something."

 

Yuri stared at the book in front of him. He might really have picked up something but he was not sure what that might be. There was, he was sure of it. What is it? What is it? What is it? He kept on asking himself. There was this certain stirring in him that tells him, a clue was just in front of him.

 

He flipped the book and same as always, the inscriptions on the browning pages made no sense to him. He tried to flip it, stopping on a page with the mark, it was a cross and a crescent moon, it was the same as the one in Sir Vermelli's shoulder. He was sure that he had seen it somewhere else before.

 

 

He gazed up and noticed Hey! Say! Jump! staring at him. "What?!"

 

"What did you find?" Kota asked.

 

Yuri shrugged. "I couldn't even understand a word in this book. It is of no help to us at all."

 

 

The group sighed. "What use is your lying in that coffin if it was not even helpful at all?" Yuya asked in frustration. He grabbed the book. "I'll take this to the vampires, they might be able to help."

 

"Do you think that is smart, Yuya?" Kota asked. "I mean, isn't it better if we hand it to the council?"

 

"Don't you feel that they are hiding something from us?" Yuya asked.

 

Kota looked at his friend. "Aren't you the one who was always insisting that we shouldn't trust the vampires?"

 

The others nodded.

 

"Why the change of heart"? Daiki asked.

 

"I have been this sinking feeling that there are things that they are hiding from us. Don't you think it is weird that some supernatural powers that should be merely for us hunters are actually blossoming in the midst of the vampires?" Yuya asked. "I have been thinking this over while Yuri was in that dream. I don't like the idea that the things we are believing in are all lies."

 

"And the vampires are not lying?" Kota asked.

 

"I believe that Jhenie never lied to me." Daiki stated.

 

"Oburi too." Ryutaro seconded.

 

"Ok fine! Go ahead, bring that book to Jhenie-sama, they might be capable of doing something with it." Kota agreed.

 

"Aggh!" Yuto started gagging and clutching his chest.

 

"Not again!" Ryusuke murmured.

 

Keito stood to grab a pail from the comfort room. "We really need to find his vampire as soon as possible," he shouted from the comfort room.

 

 

 

"I don't like to jump into conclusion but then, I just got this notion." Shizuka opened up.

 

"Hmm?" Keito looked back from throwing Yuto's blood to the fire.

 

"What if the prisoner is Yuto's vampire?" Shizuka asked

 

Keito stared at the girl in front of him. "Did you see it in your vision?"

 

Shizuka slumped at the couch. "Actually, I haven't seen anything after the incident." She said sadly.

 

Keito dumped the blood in the fire in front of him and waited for the terrifying scream. He heard that the sound was unpleasant to the ears of humans but deadly on the ears of vampires.

 

He stared at the fire as it turned bloody red and took a seat beside Shizuka. They listened at the wailing of the blood. To his amazement, Shizuka was merely staring at it.

 

Keito took the initiative to cover both her ears. She was taken aback as she could feel his minty breath on her left cheek and feel his arms on her shoulders.

 

When the wailing stop, Keito took his arms around her but stared at her in annoyance. "What do you think you are doing? You could have died listening to that sound, you know."  He scolded her.

 

Shizuka sighed. "It didn't affect me at all." She admitted.

 

"What do you mean?"

 

Shizuka let her tears fall, "I am merely a human now."

 

Keito stared at the girl in front of him. "How can that be?" he asked.

 

Shizuka shook her head. "I-I don't know."

 

Keito let his back fall on the sofa.

 

"Haven't I mentioned that nobody had ever survived the twin lunar before?" Shizuka asked and sniffed quietly while fiddling on her fingers. "Nobody had survived longer than I am." She stated.

 

Keito stared on the now quiet fire in front of them. "Then what will happen to you now?" he asked.

 

 

"I don't know. There is no accout of a vampire turning back into a human before."

 

"Why didn't you tell us? Why do you have to pretend that everything is all right?"

 

"I don't want anybody to get worried." She exclaimed in frustration. "The things that are happening right now, they are already bothersome enough to even include me as another problem."

 

"Shizuka-san, do you know what this can possibly mean? You could actually die!" Keito exclaimed and stood up.

 

He took the silver knife from his booth. It was the knife that came from Shizuka. Shizuka stared as he drew it.

 

Using the tip, Keito pricked himself allowing fresh red blood to ooze from the small circular wound. "Sip!" he commanded as he pushed his finger towards Shizuka.

 

Shizuka stared at him before taking the pricked finger. She let her tongue the wound in front of her.

 

Keito stared as she the finger and gagged after a while before pushing his finger away with a disgusted look. "I don't think this is a good idea."

 

Keito sheeted the knife and secured it on his boot.

 

"I don't know what I will do now." Shizuka said and hid her face in her palms.

 

"Yah! Keito-kun, what did you do to Shizuka-chan?" Yuri who just went down asked in an accusing tone.

 

Keito stared at his friend. "Don't misunderstand!" He exclaimed and walked away.

 

Shizuka wiped her tears. "Try to give the prisoner Yuto-kun's blood but dont't ever go near her, use a cup or something." she stated and walked to the farthest room to the left.

 

 

 

"No way! This is not happening!" Hana and Aya stared as the wounds of the prisoner slowly heal. In her hand was a chalice were they put Yuto's blood.

 

 

Yuto and the rest of seven stood on the far wall opposite the cell. They saw what the other girls' saw.

 

"You transmitted the corpusceleiio!?" Hana exclaimed in anger.

 

The vampire snickered. "The moment I saw him, I immediately knew. I couldn't let my lifeline be used by lowly vampires as you are."

 

 

"How dare you say that!" Aya exclaimed.

 

 

"Oh, I dare alright." The prisoner answered. "I am powerful, I hav e a lot hidden on my sleeves." she smiled at them. "I can even kill him, if I want to." She stated while eyeing Yuto.

 

"Don't threaten us. We know that you need your lifeline." Hana stated.

 

"Oh, I can survive. I had survived and I still will." The prisoner said. "There are many naive male species who are willing to give their unimportant life to me. I don't require a lifeline to live."

 

"You! Inhumane freak!" Hana cursed.

 

 

"Look who is talking!" the prisoner smirked.

 

Hana stared angrily at her. "I will do everything in my powers to wipe that smug smirk in your filthy face!"