LOOSING COMFORT

FOREVER IN ABYSS

 

 

 

Keito and Yuto slumped in front of a huge television set while Ryosuke fiddled on the remote control in the sofa. Whatever station he switch it to, there were the same news.

 

“More mutilated bodies were found in another empty lot in the alley near the Kriyo Mart earlier this morning. Two of them were reported missing since last week. The authorities were still trying to find out who the  others are.

“According to those who found the bodies, they were going to the mart to open the store when they saw the bodies lying in the alley. The young daughter of the owner of the store was still in shock upon seeing the mutilated bodies.

“The neighbors said that they didn’t hear anything the night before so they didn’t have any idea who dumped the dead bodies there.

“The authorities conclude that the killing didn’t happen in the community. They were still investigating these cases.

“We would like to remind everybody to be careful. Don’t walk on the street alone and be careful at night.”

 

Ryosuke turned off the television.

 

“Hey, I am watching that!” Yuto exclaimed in annoyance.

 

“What’s there to watch. We already know that this is happening. These cases kept all of us well-occupied that we couldn’t even go to work anymore.” Ryosuke complained.

 

Keito sighed while flipping his marketing 101 book. Due to the recent incidents, most universities suspended classes, making sure that the students stay at home or their dormitories.

 

Kota had also asked for a leave for the group. Keito wondered why their management allowed it. It was favorable for them, though yet he kept on receiving e-mails asking if the members were fine. He even received several messages from Johnny himself telling him that he still couldn’t get through Yuya and asking Keito if they were able to contact him.

 

Keito couldn’t answer the old man since Yuya and Chinen’s mission was a secret as well as being hunters must be kept a secret, too.

 

Thinking about it, the two haven’t come back from the seiden since the day they went there. He couldn’t stop feeling worried yet he kept on reminding himself that they would be fine.

 

Keito was startled when Yuto’s phone rang beside him. Yuto picked it up and made a tired expression. Yuto had been having more and more of that expression in the past few days. And Keito could already guess what the call was  about.

 

“Hai, nii-chan.” Yuto said. “Hai. We’ll meet you there.” He said and cut the line put it inside the vest under his black leather jacket.

 

“Were is it this time?” Ryosuke asked.

 

“Haito street, near Madison Club,” Yuto answered and grabbed his black backpack and filled the front pocket with silver bullets that were scattered on the floor.

 

Keito did the same. He grabbed about a few handful and stuffed it inside the front pocket of his backpack. He checked the gun inside to make sure that no barrel isn’t filled. He took the shiny silver blade that he had been cleaning from the table and secured it on one of his boots. He carefully picked up Shizuka’s knife, stared at it for a while and put in on the scabbard inside the thigh pocket of his six pocket jeans.

 

Lastly, he took one of the long swords that he took from the seiden. He wrapped it in a white cloth and stuffed it on the scabbard at his back. When he stood up, Ryosuke and Yuto were also ready to go.

 

Ryosuke pulled his hoody over his head and secured it with a baseball up. Keito pulled his cup shadowing his eyes from whoever might recognize him. Yuto did the same.

 

Apparently, they couldn’t let anybody recognize them, not with the successful name that they are holding.

Keito, on the wheels stopped the car two blocks away from Haito street. Three boys in black, stepped out.

 

On the corner, a shadow of a figure came out and blocked their way.

 

“I already checked the situation,” the figure whispered. “About eight vampires were inside Madison club. They should be going out any time now with their victims.”

 

“Eight partying bastards…” Ryosuke hissed. “Well, that would be easy.”

 

The four figures hid behind the side of Madison club. They checked the back. The vampires more likely to get out using that way since the street at this side was empty. It would be easier for them to play with their prey there. If… they will be able to stay alive after this.

 

They were hanging out waiting when the back door opened. The four snapped into attention.

 

From their corner, they could see a man with a girl beside him went out. The girl was clinging to him like a snake, it grossed out the figures hiding behind the wall.

 

The man smiled at the lady before dropping his fangs. The girl shrieked in horror upon learning that her costumer was actually a vampire.

 

The hunters’ suspicion was right, they would feed in the dark alley. They stepped out from the comfort of the wall and into the alley, with their silvery weapons in their hands.

 

The vampire realized their presence and smirked.

 

The hunters were taken aback. Usually, the vampire would be shock, drop his prey and run away upon seeing four hunters, fully equipped with silver weapons but this one…

 

The group snapped in attention as the air went still. Something is wrong.

 

Seven more vampires went out. There were no preys, but each one was holding a weapon of their own.

 

Keito heard a hiss and a vampire fell at his back. More vampires appeared at jumped from the roofs in the alley.

 

“! It’s a trap!” Yuto spat.

 

Ryosuke stirred upon realizing their situation. About twelve vampires surround them.

 

Ryutaro held on his sword and one went on his side pocket.

 

“Hahaha! Naïve hunters!” the vampire, holding the girl smirked at them.

 

“Let’s each take three.” Ryosuke commanded.

 

“Hai.” The others agreed.

 

“Yahhh!” One of the vampires started to attack Ryosuke.

 

The four scattered to take three at different corners of the alley. Keito found himself with a burly looking one whose mouth was all pangs. The other is a younger one – a hunk actually. Those kind of vampires whom the girls would definitely drool for. The hunk and the last one were probably friends since they kept on laughing at some private jokes. The last one was also a bit young. He had an odd looking face, somewhat contorted. There were streaks of gold highlight in his hair and that confident smirk annoyed the young hunter.

 

Keito gripped the sword from his back and let the wrapped cloth dangle on the handle. It was a long one, and a bit huge too but Keito felt comfortable while holding it.

 

The older of the three vampires hissed upon seeing the silver weapon but he sprang up towards the hunter. Keito anticipated the move and leaped away but the other two surrounded him. Each had two bronze blades ready as the older one joined them. Keito felt his surrounding and swung his blade. The younger one with gold highlights moved to wall and leaped from there to attack Keito but the hunter was also swift. He copied the vampire and swung his sword at him while they jumped together landing on the pavement and the blade directly on the vampires heart.

 

The vampires friend attacked from behind but Keito moved his sword deepening the cut and slashed the vampire with the gold highlights towards his friend who was shocked that the blade which was in his friend’s heart came in contact with his own within seconds. The two vampires sparked and burned leaving nothing, not even ashes.

 

Keito, being busy with the younger vampires didn’t notice the older one bring his blade into his shoulder. He grimaced in pain and shock but span around to kick the vampire in the shin.

 

The vampire backed at the impact but found his footing several feet away from the hunter. Keito swiftly ran towards the staggering vampire to cut him with the long sword but the vampire was able to move away and pin Keito on the ground.

 

Clicking his pangs to him, Keito growled as he blocked the attack using his sword, bringing the vampire’s mouth in contact with the blade. They staggered with their strength before Keito brought his leg up and kicked the monster behind. He pushed the monster away and it landed near Yuto’s leg.

 

Yuto saw the monster and struck it with a short blade that he was able to retract from his pocket.

 

The vampire smothered in flames and burned.

 

Keito saw a vampire with a long hair tied in a pony tail attack his friend. He quickly jumped and landed his sword on the back of the vampire. It also burned and disintegrate before totally vanishing.

 

The best friends stood back – to – back as two more vampires went their way but they threw silver blades at the vampires heart, making them burn and fall apart.

 

“Ahh!” They heard a shout. They saw a vampire stuck his pangs on Ryosuke.

 

Ryutaro was still busy with two more vampires. Yuto ran towards the vampire who attacked Ryosuke and struck it down. Like the others, it burned and vanished.

 

Ryutaro struck one of his opponent using his sword. It burst into flames.  Upon seeing the situation, the last vampire cowardly stared at them before jumping into the nearest wall and crawling upwards.

 

Ryutaro tried to follow it but he weren’t able to.

 

“Let him be.” Keito told the youngest. We need to bring Yama-chan to the nearest headquarters to treat his wound.

 

The four young hunters helped Ryosuke to Keito’s car and drove away.

 

Ryutaro shifted uneasily beside the driver’s seat. “I feel that forgot something.” He said after a while.

 

“Huh?!” Keito inquired.

 

“The girl!” Ryutaro exclaimed.

 

“Oh, !” Keito spat. “We forgot about her. We didn’t erase her memory.”

 

Yuto snapped. “Speaking! She wasn’t there anymore when we went away.”

 

Ryosuke groaned. “She was beside me while I am fighting but I didn’t realize that she was gone.”

 

 

Meanwhile… inside a dimly lit room.

 

“Very good, girl.” A husky voice said. He patted the girl in the head and stooped down to grab and handful of hair and sniff it.

 

“Look at this picture. Are they here?”

 

The girl stared at the picture before smiling. She giggled as the man behind her earlobe. “This one, and then this, and this, master.” She said while pointing at the picture. “But the other one is not here.” She said in confusion.

 

The man stood up. “I have a good idea who the other one is.” The man gave a shrill laugh. He tapped a boy in the picture. The most famous in the group, I see. I know what I should do with you.”

 

He faced a framed picture. “You are helping them, I see.” He laughed again. “I will make you regret this and then you will beg me to give you back your life!” He laughed louder than before and ripped the picture into pieces.