FINDING SOLACE

FOREVER IN ABYSS

 

 

 

Jhenie blinked at the small light that was coming from the dim light beside her bed. She heaved as she saw in the back of her mind the things that happened previously.

 

She found herself stood up as she remembered him.

 

“Jhenie-sama, stop! Don’t get up! You just woke up.” Hana scolded her and pushed her gently back on the bed.

 

Jhenie let her back slump back on the bed. “Where is Daiki?” she asked. “How was he?”

 

Hana smiled. “He is fine. You don’t need to worry. He is still sleeping, probably because of fatigue.” She shook her head. “I heard what happened. I didn’t expect anything.”

 

Jhenie sighed and stared at the ceiling. She was still confused. She couldn’t remember everything well. It was all hazy and blurry but she could remember seeing Daiki’s angry eyes and the roofs collapsing before she totally lost consciousness.

 

“Don’t think too much, Jhenie-sama. Rest first. We will tell you everything when you are already well rested.”

 

Jhenie sighed and went back to the darkness as she closed her eyes.

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

“Let me go!”

 

The vampires stared at the lady inside the prison.

 

“What shall we do with her?” Shizuka asked Aya.

 

Aya looked at her friend. There was doubt in her eyes unlike the usual confident Aya that Shizuka knows. “I don’t know. I don’t want to bother Jhenie-sama with this kind of news. And Daiki..” she sighed. “Daiki hasn’t woke up yet. And Haruka…” Aya was almost tearing. “And Haruka, she was getting worse.”

 

Shizuka held her friend to her. She let her tears fall down.

 

“I just want this to stop! All of this!” Aya exclaimed through her tears.

 

“Stop this?!” A shrill laughter followed. The prisoner, with her hands tied in chain  and in her head snickered. They blindfolded her eyes and let her stay in the rotten prison and yet she was still very stubborn.

 

“Shut up, !” Shizuka cursed. Even the prim and proper Shizuka couldn’t stop herself and lost control.

 

The prisoner snickered more.

 

“Come on, let us just go!” Aya said and pulled Shizuka away.

 

“You wouldn’t be able to stop him!” The prisoner shouted. “He will wake up the master and then, our clan will be the greatest again!”

 

Aya and Shizuka stopped. The prisoner must have sensed this and continued to laugh. “We will rule this world as we did hundreds of years ago. Nobody would stop us, even you, muggle – loving blood traitors.”

 

Shizuka had enough and was about to go back. She just wanted to strangle the vampire to death and feed her flesh to the sharks but Aya held her arm.

 

“Don’t listen to her, she is just confusing you.”

 

Another shrill laughter, “Believe it or not, I don’t care. Let’s just see what will happen.”

 

Aya and Shizuka stopped in front of a replica of the statue of Athena, the goddess of wisdom.

 

“What if she was telling the truth?” Shizuka asked. “What if they could really wake him up? Why can’t I see anything? Why wouldn’t it come to me when I needed it most?”

 

Aya tugged at her hair in frustration. “I – I don’t know.” She said and let herself fall in under the foot of Athena and stared at the beautiful face of the goddess almost asking for a bit of her intelligence.

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kei stared at the peaceful face of Haruka. He had been staring at it since the time that they arrived. He had already given her a lot of blood but the wound that he himself inflicted wouldn’t close.

 

He was almost ready to transfer all the blood in his body to her if they just didn’t stop him.

 

 

How was he able to heartily stab her using his own silver blade? The mere sight of his weapon disgusts him. He just couldn’t stop blaming himself for her situation.

 

He was really stupid. He let a vampire take over his mind. He just didn’t have the will power to stop it.

 

“Where will we find the rio-bios?”

 

Kei glanced at his back as he heard Kota’s voice.

 

“I don’t know.” Satomi answered as the two stepped into the room.

 

They seemed to realize that Kei was staring at them so they bowed to him.

 

“How was she?” Kota asked his friend. Kei just shook his head and bit his lower lip to stop the tears from falling down. He felt Kota gave him a small pat on the head just like the ones that he usually give them when they feel like giving up.

 

“You were talking about the rio-bios?” Kei inquired.

 

“Hai…” Satomi answered while looking at Kota for support.

 

Kota looked back at her and nodded. “Satomi thinks that the rio-bios can help Haruka.”

 

Kei tugged at his hair in frustration. “How could that be? We don’t even know where to find the rio-bios.” He cried out. “I am her life line and yet I couldn’t do anything for her.”

 

Kota put a hand on Kei’s shoulder. He couldn’t take the other man’s painful expression. Kei was usually the optimist. He was always the one who encourage the group whenever they were down and yet even he, was getting lost.

 

Satomi looked at the friends before her. She put a hand on Kota’s arm. Kota looked at her. She stared at him with pity. He sighed and looked away.

 

She walked quietly and left the friends alone.

 

“Yabu-kun, why couldn’t I do anything?” Kei cried holding Haruka’s hand in his own.

 

“You did all that you could.” Kota told his friend and took a sit on the bed beside his friend. “Don’t worry, she’s a vampire. And a heck of a good one.” He tried to console his friend. “Don’t forget that we are talking about Haruka, the seemingly naïve one but could withstand a millennium without a lifeline, a vampire who could throw silver blades without any fear.”

 

Kei looked at his friend and smiled weakly. There was pride in his eyes.

 

“Don’t worry. She will be able to do it. She will hold on. I’m sure of it. We will find the rio-bios and you can work hand in hand to save her.”

 

Kei shook his head. “Even if we see him, do you think he will help us?”

 

“We will handle the situation when it arise. If we have to spill his blood, we will.”