THE AWAKENING

FOREVER IN ABYSS

 

 

DAIKI AND KOTA stopped on a corridor.

 

“Where could they have hidden their prisoners?” Daiki asked.

 

Kota stopped on his tracks and hushed him down. They could hear flaps of wings and footsteps coming their way. They both cursed silently as they couldn’t see anyway to avoid the vampires.

 

They were still straining to listen when they heard a foot landing beside them.

 

“Ohayo!” the vampire who took Yuto greeted them with a smile.

 

Kota and Daiki couldn’t stop staring as she really was very beautiful as she had already freshened up.

 

“Oh, Yuto. You have some visitors.” She called.

 

The footsteps stopped behind them. Looking back, Daiki and Kota gasped being face to face with Yuto. At Yuto’s back, there are more vampires.

 

“They are here for you, Yuto.” The lady vampire said.

 

Yuto just stared at them.

 

“!” Daiki cursed. Yuto’s eyes seemed to be unseeing. They he was looking at them, there was no expression to tell them that he recognized them.

 

“You are using Yuto’s mind?!” Kota asked angrily.

 

“Eh, Yuto-kun, they don’t seem to be happy to see you.” She said and floated towards Yuto. She angled her hand on his arm. “Will you take care of them for me then, Yuto-kun?” she asked sweetly and poked Yuto on his cheek.

 

“Hai, Natsu-sama.” He answered.

 

Yuto stepped forward. He took his sword from its scabbard and aimed it to them.

 

Daiki and Kota clasped at their own sword.

 

“I’ll take care of Yuto, you take care of the others.” Daiki commanded their eldest.

 

“That seems unfair but then, let’s go!” Kota agreed and moved away aiming for the lady vampire.

 

Daiki regretted asking Kota for this. He couldn’t even get himself to hit the younger Jump. All he could do was block the sword swings that Yuto was sending him.

 

Yuto was a fine fighter. He could use his sword well, and he had a drive slice Daiki in half which Daiki didn’t have.

 

He was almost breathless when Yuto drove him towards a wall. The younger’s sword almost tearing on his neck. “Damn!” he cursed. He pushed Yuto away using his sword. The younger one was quick on his pace and came back again but Daiki was able to change his position. Yuto found his back on the wall with Daiki’s sword on his throat.

 

Of course, Daiki didn’t want to hurt the younger one but the younger one was determined to kill him.

 

“Yuto…” the voice of the lady vampire took Yuto’s attention from Daiki.

 

The vampire was sprawled on the floor with Kota’s sword threatening her neck.

 

The other vampires were nowhere to be seen.

 

Yuto pulled all his strength and pushed Daiki away. Daiki was taken aback by his sheer strength and flew landing on the other wall. Yuto ran towards Kota with his sword. Kota had to use his sword to block the younger one. Yuto then flew and kicked their leader on the stomach making the older one cringe in pain.

 

Yuto helped Natsu on her knees. There was a huge cut on her side.

 

Daiki and Kota stared in awe as the vampire bore her teeth on Yuto’s neck.

 

Daiki used the time to stand and take Yuto away from the vampire but as he ran towards Yuto, he bumped on an unseen force. It was as if the air was protecting the other two.

 

Kota, holding his stomach stood beside Daiki. He lifted his sword and tried to poke at it. “There is a force shield.”

 

Daiki gritted his teeth in annoyance as he watch the vampire Yuto’s blood. Yuto didn’t seem to mind at all as he was stuck immobile.

 

When the vampire was done, Yuto was unconscious. Kota and Daiki gasped in shock. They stared as the lady gritted her teeth at them before vanishing in thin air.

 

“Yuto…” Daiki shook his friend.

 

Kota checked his pulse and breathing. “He is just unconscious.”

 

“I thought she him dry.” Daiki commented letting a sigh.

 

Yuto stirred and groaned.

 

“Nakajima-kun…” Kota called and shook Yuto.

 

Yuto opened his eyes and strained at the darkness but focused his eyes on Kota after a while. 

 

Kota stared at the boy. His breath hitched in his lungs when he saw the gold of his eyes. His once black iris was now a bright golden yellow. Daiki dropped beside him and stared at the youngest.

 

“What the…”

 

Yuto’s body then twitched and shook. They had to let go as it convulsed. After a while, Yuto stood up in his own. He spread his arms on his sides and closed his eyes.

 

Like seeing an apparition, Kota and Daiki stared as Yuto’s body gleamed on the dark corridor and floated in the air. After a few seconds, he floated down quietly and landed on the hard floor with a thud.

 

Yuto opened his eyes and stared at the members of Best. He blinked twice and his eyes went back to its normal color. “What happened to me?” he asked.

 

Daiki helped Kota stand up. “We should be asking that.” He commented.

 

Kota who was still grasping his stomach held out his hand to Daiki. “Never mind that, we need to look for the others.” He said. “Do you know where they hide Shizuka and Ryosuke?” he asked Yuto.

 

“I know where Yama-chan is but not Shizuka.” Yuto answered.

 

“Then let’s go.”

 

 

 

RYUTARO STRUGGLED against his chains when he heard the sound of metal being crushed down. When he looked up, he saw Yuto with his hand pointing at the lock of the door, concentrating on it. Yuto stared at it in concentration before the lock turned to flame and gave away after a while.

 

“Sugeii!” Daiki exclaimed. “How did you do that?” he asked the younger one.

 

“I don’t know. I just have a feeling that I can do it.”

 

They fumbled on the hot iron and went inside the cell.

 

“Tasukete.” Ryutaro finally found his voice.

 

“Hey! What is that?” A vampire, who probably heard the commotion came running to them.

 

Yuto saw him and held his palm towards the vampire who burned and was turned to ashes.

 

Then, they heard a clutter and saw pieces of old keys on the floor..

 

“There are the keys.” Daiki exclaimed and took them. He located the keys that opened the locks of Ryutaro’s chain.

 

They helped him down.

 

“Yama-chan is on the other cell.” He told them.

 

“Iku!”

 

“Wait.” Yuto said. “I know, you find the others and I’ll create a commotion.” He said.

 

They nodded and left Yuto.

 

 

Yuto ran towards a room, he could certainly remember. It was the room where he was brought before Natsu took over his mind.

 

Yuto opened the huge door, and true enough Natsu was there. She was staring at the fire. Yuto took his sword and aimed it at her. She didn’t even react.

 

“What do you want?” she asked.

 

“I’m going to turn this building into ash, starting from this room.” He said.

 

Natsu chuckled. “And how do you think you can do that?”

 

Then, the fire in the fireplace blazed to high that Natsu was taken aback. She looked at him in her back. “How did you do that?” she asked.

 

Yuto held out his palm and blue flames danced in it. “I am more powerful than you, now.” He commented staring at her eyes.

 

Natsu stepped back away from him but he stepped forward to her. He caught her in the arms. “You can come with me and follow everything I tell you or be the first one to be toasted.”

 

She smirked and shoved Yuto away. He stared at his eyes but Yuto just stared back at her. “What the?”

 

“You cannot penetrate my head now, can you?” Yuto asked smiling at his vampire.

 

She gasped in fear. “What do you want from me?” she asked.

 

“Oh, some information that I know you can give us.” He honestly told her. “So, it’s your choice.” He said putting out his hand to her.

 

She stared at it but took it after a while.

 

Yuto smirked at her before the flames in the fireplace blazed an angry red. He pulled her and ran away, smirking as the whole room was eaten by the fire.