HAVING EACH OTHER

FOREVER IN ABYSS

 

 

 

Kei wrapped his hand on Haruka’s wrist. He dragged Haruka away from the flying beasts. He saw a huge rock and they ran towards it.

 

They found themselves at the back of the rock. Behind them is a huge natural crevice that seemed to be endless.

 

They slumped down listening at any sound. Haruka took a peak and saw the beasts coming. Kei pulled her head towards him and waited as the flapping of the wings passed.

 

Their breath calmed down. They looked at each other and smiled. Haruka then found herself chuckling a little louder which Kei suppressed putting a hand in . Haruka smiled and giggled quietly.

 

“Where do you think are they?” she asked.

 

“No idea. I haven’t been here before.” He answered.

 

Haruka just shrugged.

 

They were about to pull out from their hiding place but another batch of black wings passed their way.

 

“How many more are they?!” Kei asked in irritation.

 

Haruka just pouted and shrugged.

 

Kei laughed a little and snooped down to kiss her pouted lips. Haruka was taken aback at Kei’s sudden kiss.

 

Kei, on the other hand took her hand and pulled her to stand up.

 

They quietly sneaked away and ran back from where they had come from checking all possible movements.

 

They were running within woods when a sudden movement stopped them in their tracks.

 

From behind the small trunk of three, several figures came out. They were trapped in a circle. Kei looked around him realizing that the figures were Jin’s vampires.

 

He pulled out his twin silver blades and faced the vampires. Haruka was on his back glaring at the vampires. One of them smirked and launched forward.

 

Kei felt Haruka leave his back. He wanted to look behind him but the one who smirked was attacking him. Kei didn’t waste his time and launched forward meeting the vampire and slashing it down.

 

He didn’t feel guilty as he slashed and kicked the other one. He looked behind him and found Haruka doing the same. To his surprise, she was also holding a silver knife which she used to stab the other vampires.

 

There is no fear in Haruka's eyes as she used a weapon that can kill her against he vampire in front of them.

 

It was then, out of nowhere, as if the wind moved, a vampire in front of Kei gasped in pain. "There!" Oburi exclaimed.

 

Ryoutaro emerged beside them and slashed another one. Seeing that he was outnumbered, the last vampire used his speed to move away from them.

 

Seeing their friends, Kei calmed down a little. "Where are they?" he asked the youngest of the Jump.

 

"We don't know, we got separated when we  were attacked." Ryutaro answered. Oburi and Haruka joined them. Haruka was clutching at her left arm. 

 

Haruka's arm was bleeding.

 

"!" Kei exclaimed. "What happened?!" he asked staring at the girl in front of him.

 

"One vampire scraped me." Haruka answered.

 

"But it is not a twin lunar?" Oburi confirmed.

 

Haruka shook her head.

 

“Twin lunar?” Kei asked and pulled a blade. He sliced a bit of the skin in his hand and let his blood drip on Haruka's bloody arm. All the time, Ryutaro and Oburi watched the process.

 

Reacting to her bloodline's blood, Haruka's wound closed without a trace.

 

Kei smiled at the healing power of his blood. When he was satisfied with the result, he pulled Haruka's arm and kissed the part where the wound had been.

 

"Sweet!" Ryutaro commented sarcastically.

 

Kei smirked at him which is uncharacteristically Kei. Ryutaro cocked his eyebrow to the elder while Kei just smiled at him.

 

“Uhm!” Haruka nodded as she watched her wound close. “When a vampire bit another vampire and the vampire couldn’t bite back, that would create a twin lunar. The vampire bitten will loose his mind and kill to feed. If he wouldn’t be able to feed, he will die.”

 

They were in this situation when they felt a gush of wind surround them. Kei grabbed his double blade while Ryutaro got his sword ready in his hand. Haruka pulled out three silver knives which Kei haven't seen earlier. It seemed to him that she has more in her sleeves. She held it between the fingers of her left hands while Oburi held two short guns which contain silver bullets. What kind of vampires are these people? Kei asked himself.

 

The wind blew faster. It blew on them as if it was circling them. Ryutaro bumed at Oburi's back, feeling her presence there. He felt calmer when she was beside him. Haruka felt the threat of the wind thus she pulled three more knives and held them between her right fingers.

 

When the wind stopped, a lady stood in front of them. She was really pretty, tall and y at the same time.

 

She looked at them with a smile in her face though Oburi and Haruka didn’t like it. Her smiled didn’t reach her eyes.

 

“Who are you?” Ryutaro asked. The lady smiled at him and he felt a tug in his stomach. It was as if the girl was inviting him to come nearer.

 

He was about to step towards her but Oburi held his shoulder. He looked back at her in confusion. She was shaking her head.

 

“What are you doing?” she asked.

 

“Kei! Snap out of it!” It was Haruka. When the two of them looked back, they saw Haruka trying to hold Kei’s arm as Kei struggled limply towards the lady. His eyes were shadowed. They seemed uncaring… unseeing…

 

He struggled against Haruka’s hold as Ryutaro and Oburi came to her aid and pulled Kei back.

 

The lady giggled in a very girlish way. It was a bit creepy though since it didn’t fit her smirk.

 

“What are you trying to do?” asked Oburi in irritation.

 

“Nothing, my sweet. I am just standing here.” The lady answered in a very sweet voice.

 

Haruka felt Kei struggled more. Ryutaro on the other hand, let go of Kei and faced the lady. Oburi snapped at him. “What are you doing?” she asked as Ryutaro walked towards the lady.

 

Kei, who was finally able to break free went beside Ryutaro.

 

“They are mine now.” The lady said giving the two girls a happy smile. “Kill them.” She commanded the boys.

 

The boys, with clouded eyes drew their blades and charged at the girls.

 

Kei went to stab Haruka with his silver blades. Haruka, who was also a skilled fighter was able to dodge Kei’s attack. She couldn’t attack back because she didn’t want to hurt the guy. “Kei, stop it! I don’t want to fight you!” she exclaimed.

 

Oburi, on the other hand was using her strength to block Ryutaro’s attack but her efforts were short.

 

In the corner of her eyes, Haruka saw the lady fanning as if she was bored on what she was watching. Haruka fumed. “Kei! Snap out of it!” she shouted in anger. She was left with no choice, she attacked Kei and kneeled him in the stomach. Kei grasped his stomach because of the pain.

 

Haruka saw an opening and elbowed Ryutaro on the back of his neck aiming at his pressure point. Ryutaro exclaimed in shock and lost consciousness on the side.

 

The lady probably never thought that Haruka would do that to her lifeline and stood dumb founded. Haruka and Oburi looked at each other and nodded, They looked at the lady and with their wind like speed aimed their silver weapons on her.

 

The lady though regained her composure and took a silver twin blades like that of Kei’s. She blocked Oburi and Haruka’s attack as she herself was very swift.

 

Oburi and Haruka tried to move against her again but she swiftly move away from them and helped her

Oburi and Haruka found themselves fighting the lady in a combat. Haruka threw her silver blades at her but she was able to move away from it. The lady is fighting like a trained fighter, Haruka had never seen quite a fighter who can dodge her blades.

 

Oburi, on the other hand was busy using her double blades. She looked at the lady and aimed for an opening. Unlike Haruka, her weapon is not used for fighting far, she needed to come near the lady but she kept on using her speed to move away from her attack.

 

At this situation, they were on the loosing side. They need to think of a way to get a clear shot. They are fighting a pro and it is getting out of hand. It was quite a mystery that the other party can fight one on two with the two being trained fighters.

 

Oburi was taken aback when the vamp attack her with a long bronze sword. Where did that sword came from? She wondered. She didn't see that vampire holding it when they started to fight. Did the lady conjure it out of nowhere?

 

The sword was blocked by a bronze knife from the hands of Haruka. Oburi snappped away from herr thoughts. She held her long sword tightly.

 

She saw an openjng while the lady was busy dodging Haruka's long swords, she went at the back and aimed at the neck but the vamp was quick and swang  her sword at her. Oburi was almost hit if she weren't able to move from the tip of the long sword.

 

She moved away and Haruka was also beside  her panting from exhaustion. Haruka looked at her and nodded. Oburi had been fighting back to back with the girl that she already know what the other was planning to do.

 

Haruka tucked in three bronze blades in each hand. She bravely ran towards the girl who was startled at her speed. Oburi on the other hand tied one of her long knives with a nylon. She threw it to the vamp who dodge away making the blade stuck on the big tree behind her. Haruka then thew another set of blades to the vamp who dodge it. She backed away on the tree. Oburi took this chance and used her speed to pull the string and wrap it around the vamp's body. She never intended to strike her but the tree.

 

Haruka, on the other hand used her chance, pulled a longer silver blade from her boots. She was about to stab the vampire when she felt a searing pain on her right side. She looked down  finding dark blood oozing from a wound made by a long  silver blade that was stuck in her side.

 

She staggered backward. At the corner of her eyes, she could she the image of the vamp smirking at her. Her heart beat wildly at her chest. Tears threatened to fall from her eyes as she struggled to look up. When she did, she regretted it. Kei was staring at her with blank eyes. The pain in her side couldn't cover the pain in her heart.

 

"Kill her!" She heard the voice of the vamp who was still stringed tight on the trunk if the tree.

 

Upon hearing the words, Kei brought up another long knife. The laugh of the vamp was echoing on the whole forest. As Kei was about to strike her, Oburi went to her aid and pushed Kei's hands away. Oburi could feel the increase on the strength of the guy as he easily slap her away and she bounced at the huge tree.

 

Ryuotaro also gained consciousness and quietly stood up straining to see amidst the whole situation.  Oburi felt a tinge of hope as she saw him suddenly seemed confuse but it was immediately gone as once he was fully on his feet, he snapped.

 

He too run fast towards Haruka on the ground and pinned her as Kei stabbed her.

 

"Nooo!" Oburi shouted in horror.