Responsibility of a Leader

Love's Struggle

 

 

 

“Sure.” We both slipped under the blanket. Jongup was snuggling up to me but this action didn’t feel intimate at all. It was like snuggling with your little brother. “Goodnight.” he mumbled. “Yeah goodnight.” I answered and yawned.

“…Jongup?”

“Yeah?”

“Thanks a lot and… I love you guys too!”

 

*************************************************

 

[Yongguk POV]

It’s been a week since our debut and it was a huge success. There were some small mistakes here and there but they weren’t severe and I don’t think anybody noticed. We already had some interviews but everyone’s still shy in front of the camera so it’s still a little awkward but all in all I’m already proud of my group. We already fulfilled a small part of our dreams and are on the best way of fulfilling the rest too.

But there’s one thing we’re all extremely worried about: Youngjae. Something has been wrong with him since before our debut but it has gotten worse since a picture of a live performance, on which you can see his tummy, appeared. I think he’s stuck in deep and it hurts to see him like that. He’s eating even less, in fact I haven’t seen him eat more than one spoon these past few days. He either says he’s not hungry or that he already ate.

I, as the leader, have the responsibility to care for and look after my members. So now I’m standing in front of Daehyun’s and Youngjae’s room in which the latter is. Everyone else is in the dining room having dinner. I raised my fist and knocked. “Come in.” I heard from inside so I turned the doorknob and stepped into the room. Youngjae was sitting on his bed, his big headphones around his neck and looking at me.

I closed the door behind me and sat on the bed, next to him.
“Why don’t you come eat? You need the energy.” I said. He shook his head and answered “I already ate before so I’m not hungry.”
I don’t know how many times I heard him say that already but strangely I never saw him eat anything. I looked at him, he was staring at his bed, avoiding eye contact. He was lying. I crossed my arms in front of my chest.

“We need to talk.” I said sternly. He was surprised at my tone of voice and looked up. I noticed his face was a bit thinner than a few days ago.
“W-what is there to talk about?” he asked with a slightly quivering voice and averted his gaze again.
“About you not eating anything for example.” His head shot up and he looked at me with wide eyes.

“I AM eating!” he protested.
“Oh please! Don’t lie to me, Yoo Youngjae. When it’s time for meals you always have an excuse but we’ve never seen you actually eat anything before or in between mealtimes! You’ve become thinner and we’re worried about you. What you’re doing isn’t healthy! Is it because of your tummy fat? Because of the picture? You know exactly that the fans don’t care – that they think it’s cute – and we do too! So stop it!”

“Please lower your voice or the others will hear you.” he whispered while staring at his bed sheet.
“The others already know! They noticed it too and are just as worried as I am.”
“T-the others know? …D-Daehyun too?” he asked timidly.

And then it suddenly became clear to me. It was so obvious, why hadn’t I seen it? His awkward behavior when he’s near Daehyun, his stares, his blushing and stuttering if he talks with him. It was so obvious, until now I just didn’t think anything of it! How could I not have seen it?
“…Yeah, he noticed too. Youngjae… it has to do with him, right?” I asked with a soft voice. He didn’t answer.

“Youngie…” I lay my hand on his shoulder. “Look at me.” He hesitated but then raised his head. “It’s Daehyun, isn’t it? You like him right?”
Tears welled up in his eyes.
“Great, such a ty déjà-vu.” He mumbled and I didn’t really understand what he meant.

His bottom lip started to tremble. I wrapped my arms around him and hugged him, trying to comfort him. I felt my shoulder getting wet while he sobbed. It was a little awkward because I’m not used to something like this but I wanted to help and he didn’t seem to mind. I waited until Youngjae calmed down. Then he pushed himself away from me and looked up with his now red and puffy eyes.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

I'm really really really sorry for this late update :(   I'll try to update faster from now on^^

And I'm sorry I won't be able to answer your comments right now because I don't have much time but I promise to do it in the next chapter :)  Thanks to everyone who commented <3

I hope you liked this chappie!  Show some love for DaeJae and SUBSCRIBE AND COMMENT  please :D