Another

Never Forget Me

                And the dawn of another long day was had. I was jolted awake at five in the bloody morning by the sound of pure fangirling, only to find out it was Chanyeol reading something on his iPad in the room next to mine. I hadn’t realized until then that his bed and my bed were only separated by a thin wall. Great. Just fantastic. I groaned to myself as I rolled over and tried to go back to sleep, but was dragged out of bed by Kris, with that erted smirk of his.

                “Argh, Wu Fan. Stop it. Can’t you see I just want to sleep?” He laughed and ruffled my hair.

                “You know it’s time to get everyone up. If you go back to sleep, I might just have to punish you.” I jolted out of bed and rushed out of my room to get the others up, escaping the obviously male in my room.

                Looking up at the ceiling, I glared at it and had cursed my ancestors for putting me with such a corrupt man.

 

                Six hours later, I stood off to the side of Exo-M’s fansigning like the previous day, just waiting for something to do. Standing half-asleep next to the manager, I yawned and reached my hands above my head in a light stretch.

                “Jihyun-ssi, it’s been over a week since you left. After the fansigning and recording we’ll be back in Beijing for a while without returning.” He paused and I raised an eyebrow at him, not getting what he was trying to say. The man rolled his eyes at me before continuing. “Go home. Take the rest of the day off and go home. We’ll be with Exo-K tomorrow morning at SM, don’t worry about coming back tonight.”

                “Are you sure? I don’t want to leave if they need me for anything. I’ll be perfectly fi-” Before I could finish my sentence, he pushed me towards my bag with a small smile.

                “Seriously, I can keep an eye on them. Go.” I reluctantly nodded at his order and looked back to the guys at the table, happily signing and conversing with their fans. Tao glanced over for a moment before waving at me. I formed a heart with my fingers and then turned to leave.

                My feet hit the streets quickly and I made my way through the city, with only one place on my mind. I came to a stop as I waited for the crosswalk across from my destination, and I looked up the few stories with a sigh. ‘I hope surprising them is a good idea.’ Shaking any bad premonitions from my mind, I hastened my step and quickly entered the building. I felt my hands and breath become shaky as I made my way to their door from the elevator. ‘Wait, why am I nervous? It’s just my boyfriend and our friends.’ Taking a relaxing breath, I rapped on the door, for it to be flung open in the middle of my third ‘knock.’ My eyes met with a bewildered Ricky, and I smiled sweetly.

                “NOONA!” He cried happily as he tackled me in a hug out in the hallway. Patting the pretend maknae’s back, I hugged him back. “I missed you so much!”

                “I’ve been gone for only a week, Ricky-ah.” He pulled back to look up into my eyes. I noticed a small tear and wiped it away.

                “Doesn’t matter, you were still gone.” He grumbled at me before securing my hand in his and pulling me inside the dorm. “Hyungs! Noona’s home!”

                “Noona!” I looked up to be met with L. Joe and Niel sprinting for me. They both grabbed my into a bone-crushing hug. “It’s about time you came back.” Byunghyun flashed a cheeky grin at me before opening his mouth again. “How long are you staying? Are you staying at your apartment, with Exo, or at a hotel?” The mischievous rapper inquired rapidly, watching me with hopeful eyes.

                “I’m probably going to be with Eunji tonight to catch up because I’m here for only the next two days, but I’m still staying with Exo for the most part.” L. Joe and the other two looked disappointed, but I ruffled his hair with a laugh. “Just be glad that I was lucky enough to get a few hours off for you.” AS they let me go, I walked into the living room, waving at CAP immediately.

                “Jihyun!” My eyes shifted to Chanhee, who shot up from his place on the couch. “What are you doing here?” He nervously smiled and I raised an eyebrow at him, before looking at a female that was sitting next to him. Dark eyes, long hair, and soft features adorned her, as well as some heavy eye makeup and skimpy clothing. Her face was familiar, but I couldn’t quite place it.

                “Miss Jihyun!” She shot up and bowed to me. “Hello! I was the actress in the guys’ To You video; I never had the chance to introduce myself that day.” Ah, so that’s who she was. No wonder I didn’t fully remember. I had purposefully blocked her from y memory after I watched her practically hanging onto Chanhee on set. She reached out with her hand as she told me her name. After I shook her hand, I noticed she reverted to standing all too close to Chanhee with her fingers brushing against his. My heart contracting with a harsh sting, and I looked away in an attempt at keeping my composure.

                “Anyways,” I looked to CAP and gave him a quick hug, readjusting my plan to accommodate my aching heart. “I just wanted to tell you and the dongsaengs hello before I left. I might be going home earlier than I first anticipated. The younger males’ faces all fell and I was met with some protests.

                “But Noona, you just got back!” Niel pouted as he took my hand. I patted his hand on mine as I sympathetically looked into his eyes and shrugged.

                “Exo-M’s manager needs me to help keep my Oppas in top condition. I’m really sorry guys.” In all honesty, I just needed to get out of here, away from Chanhee and the girl, and to some familiar ground.

                “Can’t Kris-ssi take care of them?” Niel fired back and I shook my head.

                “Honestly, Kris is the one that I worry about and that needs me the most. He tries to do everything and make sure everyone else is okay before himself. CAP, you know how stressful being the leader is sometimes.” The male nodded at me and I hugged the five boys again. “Well, I should probably head out before my Duizhang comes looking for me. We should get together for coffee before I leave though.” I suggested and was met by an immediate approval. I couldn’t help but to see the girl from before tugging on Chanhee’s sleeve and he was looking into her eyes the way he always looked at me before I left. L. Joe put a hand on my shoulder and noticed the forming tears just before I blinked them away. They suggested the normal place we always went to at five-o-clock in the morning for the next day, before we all had our schedules to attend to. I agreed before turning to look at Chanhee.

                “Noona.” Byunghyun breathed a warning from behind me, but I had to get a straight answer one way or another. I ignored the pressure he was putting on my shoulder as he tried to get me to back off.

                “So, is Chunji your boyfriend?” I turned to the girl who blushed furiously and smiled to herself, biting her bottom lip shyly. My heart contracted again, and my breath caught in my throat.

                “Jihyun, what the hell are you doing?” Chanhee finally spoke up and my eyes narrowed as they met with his.

                “A better question would be ‘what are you doing’… but that seems pretty obvious now.” I snapped at him, unable to mask my disappointment and hurt any longer. Turning back to the rest of the guys, I bitterly smiled, holding back tears, and I offered a meek wave. Walking to the door, I took out my phone and looked through the contacts. With the dorm’s door shutting behind me, I pressed the call button for the first person I could think off. I held the speaker to my ear as I rushed through the halls and down the staircases.

                “Hey Jihyun, what’s up?”

                “Are you guys finished with the fansign?” My voice cracked a bit as I spoke, and I paused to close my eyes and take in a deep breath.

                “Where are you?” His voice was stricken with worry at the sound of mine. Quickly telling him the address, I heard him speak to the manager before returning to me. “Stay where you are. I’ll be there soon.”

                “Thank you Kris.” I whispered before he hung up. I took a seat on the nearest seat and let my head fall into my hands, choking back a sob.

 

---

Okay, sorry about the crap update on Saturday... but here comes the drama.

I hope this is better for you guys to make up for that last update.

<3

~ Lynn