Truth?

Never Forget Me

                Feeling my throat clench at the lack of hair, I wiped my tears and took in a deep breath.

                “Jihyun.” A soft voice called to me, gently approaching my fragile figure. Looking up, I saw Kris through my blurred vision. He kneeled in front of me, without his erted smirk, without the lustful look that was always shining in his eyes, and mostly, without any joke, tease, or comment being thrown at me. His eyes were starting to shine with the formation of tears at my broken state. Wu Fan just silently opened his arms for me. I threw my arms around his neck and felt myself crying again. I hugged him tightly as he caressed my back, softly telling me that it was all going to be okay, that I would be alright after everything.

                “I don’t know what I did wrong. Can you tell me? I thought I was doing everything right. I was calling him every night no matter how tired I was, I sent some postcards and little trinkets for him and the guys, and I gave him encouragement on all of his performances since I left… where did I go wrong?”

                “You haven’t Jihyun, you did nothing wrong.” Kris ran his fingers through my long hair, trying to calm down my hot tears. “Tell me what happened.” He pulled back a bit and brushed away my tears with his thumbs, trying not to smudge any of my makeup.

                “I went up there to say hi to him and the guys before I went to Eunji’s place, and I was welcomed by all of the guys, but found Chunji sitting on the couch with the girl from their ‘To You’ video. He shot up with a guilty look, and as I was talking to the others, he was looking at her the way everyone always described him when he looked at me; kind, gentle, and loving.” I took in a deep breath and shook my head as I stared at my hands in my lap. “I asked her if they were dating, and she turned tomato red with such a bright smile… I just… I don’t know.” A hiccup met my breath and I felt more tears fall as I hugged to Kris again.

                “Did he break up with you then?” I shook my head, earning a sigh from the older male. “Do you think he will?” I shrugged my shoulders, before letting them fall limply. Kris’ arms s around my figure and warmly held me. He stayed like that for a while, letting me cry on him, patting my back gently, whispering soft ‘you’ll get better’s to me.

                “Duizhang, manager-hyung is probably worried about us already. We should go.” I heard Lu Han’s gentle voice, and I felt myself relax. Kris pulled back and wiped away all of the other tears that had fallen before rearranging my mussed hair.

                “Let’s go home, yeah?” He offered with the most tender voice he could muster, and I nodded. As I got to my feet and picked up my bag, someone caught my wrist. Without even looking, I knew who it was; the grip was tight, almost desperate.

                “Don’t go, Ji-Ji, please.” I turned and looked upon Chanhee’s broken figure. His eyes were b with tears, lip trembling, and a million pleas waiting on his breath.

                “Just tell me, Chunji. Did you date her while you were with me?” I glared into his eyes and saw his pleading.

                “I’m sorry.” He whispered hoarsely. Biting the corner of my bottom lip, as to not cry in front of him, I turned, wrenching myself from his grasp, and walked to the two Chinese men near me. Kris s his arm around my shoulder as Lu Han took my hand in his, both guiding me to the van parked out front. As the men ushered me into the backseat, I heard Chanhee’s cracked voice, yelling after me, and I held myself together, despite the desperate sound of his voice. Kris slammed the door shut and told the driver to go back to the dorm. The vehicle pulled away from the building and Kris pulled me onto his lap as I felt myself sobbing hysterically. Lu Han put my legs on his lap and was comfortingly patting my calves as Kris hugged me to him, rocking me back and forth.

                “We’re here Ji, we’ll always be here.” They both cooed as I buried my face in Wu Fan’s shirt.

 

                Not twenty minutes later, Kris and Lu Han were hurrying my figure from the parking lot into the building, avoiding all of the nosy eyes of fans and press.  They guided my dejected form into the dorm and immediately into my room. Lu Han stayed behind to explain to the rest of the group, which left Kris to me again.

                “What did I do? It had to have been me.” I whispered and looked into Wu Fan’s eyes. “Wu Fan, what did I do wrong?” I wanted to know… no… I needed to know. I felt like I had done everything I could do for him other than giving him my literal heart; where did I go wrong? Had I come on too strong? Should I have taken a permanent job in Seoul? Should I have been completely focused on him? Should I have never agreed to go out with him that first day? Should I have even taken the job at TOP Media in the first place?

                Kris put his hands on either side of my neck, cradling it as he caressed my cheeks with his thumbs.

                “You did nothing wrong Ji. You are perfect the way you are. I watched you through this short time we’ve known each other here, and I can tell you love him with everything you have. Trust me, I tried enough times to know that much.” I laughed dryly at his words before he continued. “Ji, believe me when I say that you did nothing to deserve or bring this on. What Chunji did, it was not because of you. Promise me you’ll believe it, it’s the truth.”

                “But how? With something as huge as-“ Kris put one finger on my lips and shook his head.

                “Promise me.” He repeated, letting his voice become stern. “Promise.”

                “I promise.” I mumbled against his finger and he nodded before getting up and sitting on the bed next to me. Suddenly, my phone vibrated violently in my bag. I reached in to grab it, but Kris also reached in and snatched my device before I could get a hold on it. “Kris!” Stretching my arm for it, I started crawling over him as he swatted my hands away. One hand slipping, I fell onto Kris, just as he opened the call, and I realized, my head was on his lower abdomen.

                “Baby? Ji-Ji? Please talk to me.” I heard pleading from the speaker on the phone, and felt myself droop again.

                “First of all, Jihyun is not a baby. For two, she doesn’t want to talk to you. Finally, three, why don’t you tell me what exactly you were doing with another girl, only a week after your girlfriend left to live in China with us? A single week! Are you that ed up and lonely that you had to cheat on her? You could have at least had the decency to let her go before doing something that horrific.” By the time he finished, Kris was yelling into the phone, and I was tearing up on his shirt again.

                “You don’t understand Kris; just let me talk to Ji-Ji. I need her.”

                “Are you sure about that, or do you just need to break her heart again. From what I hear you’ve done enough of that already.”

                “She just guilted me into taking her out to lunch! That was all it was! How is that cheating? I don’t even have any romantic inclination towards her.”

                “Taking another girl out when you already belong with someone, whether romantic intentions or not, is still cheating. Besides, according to Ji, there were more than romantic intentions conveying between you and that girl today in your dorm. Don’t even try to get close enough to Jihyun to hurt her again, or I will end up hurting you.” Kris growled into my phone before angrily ending the call and tossing the phone to the floor. He put his hands over his face as he blew out hot air, trying to calm himself down. My flickered up to his covered face, and I sighed.

                “I knew I had done something horribly wrong.” I mumbled as I repeatedly picked up a bit of Kris’ shirt before letting it fall back to his skin. “I’m sorry. I’m sorry to him, I’m sorry to you. I should just go back to Colorado before I cause any more trouble for you, Chunji, or anyone else.” I hurriedly blabbered as I threw myself from the bed and opened my closet to dig out my suitcase.

                “Jihyun. Shut up, you’re not leaving.” I looked back at him as he looked at me with an eyebrow raised, and the most unamused expression. He motioned me over with a finger, and I shook my head before diving back into my closet, determined this time. As I spotted my suitcase, I was hauled up and dropped back onto my bed just as quickly. I tried to get back up, but Kris pinned my wrists and sternly looked into my eyes. “You are not going to leave us. I will spend every minute of every day with you if I have to. Believe me when I promise that I will protect you. I can’t stand to see you hurt, so I will protect you, for whatever its worth. You, Jihyun, will not leave us. Do you understand me?” Wu Fan yelled at me, and I felt myself shrinking into the mattress. Seeing my cringing body language, Kris’ head dropped, and his grip on my wrists loosen.

                “Woah there, am I interrupting something?” I looked up to see Lu Han and Chanyeol peeking in. I sat up as best I could, and shook my head. “Well, uh, dinner’s waiting… unless you’re otherwise occupied.” Chanyeol winked at me with his bright smile before dragging Lu Han down the hall. Clearing my throat and wiping my eyes again, I stood up. Wu Fan tugged at the back of my shirt, and I looked back at him.

                “I won’t leave Wu Fan. I promise.” Dipping back down, I wrapped my arms around his neck. “Thank you.” He tightly embraced my figure and I smiled, holding back the tears. Pulling away, I held my hand out and took a deep breath. “Come on, before Chanyeol thinks were having in here.” Kris got up and put an arm around my shoulder.

                “You know, it wouldn’t be a bad idea.” And just like that, he was back to his erted self. As I smiled while rolling my eyes, I felt a part of my heart disappear. Despite the smile on my lips, I was devastated. ‘Why did he cheat on me?’

Where did I go wrong?

---

Okie dokie, You guys have convinced me.

I will do a oneshot of Jihyun and Kris together, but I wont post for a while, I have a plan on how I'm going to reveal their 'previous relationship', which will include some parts of their previous time together.

 

Anways... I cried... again... I told myself to stop writing things that will make me cry... meh. I guess listening to Yiruma doesn't exactly help either.

Anyways, Thank you all for the comments! I love you all

~Lynn