Jealous

Never Forget Me

A / N:

Double Update!!

---

 

                As the guys finished their song set and ran back off, I gave them each a high five, and was tackled into a hug by Tao.

                “How was it Mei-Mei?” He asked nervously and I flashed him a bright smile.

                “Fantastic.” I quickly assured him and pushed him towards the other members. “Go. Get ready for your next set.” Tao bounded away like a child, my eyes followed after him, only to find Amber hanging onto Kris’ arm as F(x) joined them when they went back into their dressing room. I started to follow after with the camera and their managers, but I was turned in my tracks and pushed along. “Hey!” I looked up to see both Changmin and Yunho dragging me back to the wing, I silenced myself and just went with them.

                “You should at least watch us from here since you can’t be down there.” Changmin smirked as I just let my head bob quietly. As we waited for the next artist to leave the stage, Yunho slung an arm around my shoulders casually. “Are you really that nervous?”

                “You guys are kind of intimidating now that I’m here.” I admitted meekly and Yunho laughed, his lofty voice inciting a shiver to crawl up my spine, tweaking my muscles as it climbed.

                “You might want to get used to us. You might have to help with us later down the road. We can’t have you being stiff when you’re helping us.” Changmin evilly grinned at me and I started to realize first hand just how evil he might be.

                “Well, your dancing anyways.” Yunho corrected his younger who just glared momentarily. “But he does have a point. You’re a dancer right?” He gently inquired and I nodded. “Then relax and let your body move.” I shook my head quickly and clutched to the camera tighter in my hands. “Do you need some assistance relaxing? We’d be glad to help.” He spoke lowly and let out a little smirk of his own. I ducked under his arm and retreated immediately. His hands shot up, as to claim his innocence, and chuckled. “Playing, Jihyun, come back over here.” My eyes scanned him for a moment, and I let out a sigh as I figured he was mostly harmless. Walking back over to him, he placed his arm back over my shoulder and brought me so I could see more of the stage. He waved his hand to gesture at the whole stage as his eyes met mine. “Why aren’t you trying to get over there? To help you if you needed it, Mr. CEO asked me to read your file, and you’re fully qualified to become a trainee and get up on the stage with the rest of us. Why stay behind the stage and help others?” I laughed lightly and pushed his arm off, straightening myself and smiling at him.

                “I don’t want anything like that, I never have. The biggest dreams I’ve had are doing community theatre and musicals back in the States. I never wanted the things you have. When I thought about singing, I never wanted the fame.”

               “What do you want then?” Changmin asked and I bit my bottom lip. I thought about my life back home, and how being on stage got me through some of the harder times in my life.

               “When I was sad, scared, or lost, memorizing the lines of a script and being a whole different person helped me. I could escape from my problems and who I was. I didn’t have to think about the future or the past, it was just the feeling of acting on a small stage for just the town and a few people that just happened to be passing through on that night. Hundreds of thousands of people watching me, like what you guys have, it never interested me because eventually that disappears. Being from a smaller set of towns, community theatre is something you could be a part of until you’re a great grandparent. That’s what I want.” The two men watched my face in awe and I jumped a little as I came out of my trance. “What?”

               “You have a big understanding for being so young.” Yunho smiled and ruffled my hair.

               “Yeah yeah. Whatever.” I mumbled and took a deep breath. Maybe these two didn’t have to be so bad after all.

               “When you stay in Korea with Exo as a whole after promotions, you have to come and see us a lot. Okay?” Changmin stared sternly at me as I nodded frantically, causing me to take back my previous thought. “Good. Well, wish us luck?”

               “It’s bad luck to wish someone good luck before going on stage. Have fun guys.” I patted their arms as they left me to do their stage. A little grin pulled at the corners of my lips and I had to bite back a full blown smile as I watched them perform.

               “Hey, Colorado!” I heard a female voice and looked back to see F(x)’s Amber walking up to me. “How’s it going over here?” She leaned against some of the scaffolding and smiled at me.

               “Oh, you know, it’s going. Are you up next?”

               “Soon, I think after a two more before us.” She replied and looked back as Key joined her.

               “Hey Jihyun.” He greeted and I waved, glancing back at Yunho and Changmin every now and then. “Are you still only working for Exo?” Looking back with raised eyebrows, I nodded. “From what the guys have said, maybe you and I should dance together sometime.” He offered and I smiled.

               “They’re probably making me sound better than I am. I’ll think about that and get back to you.” Key nodded and Kris stepped up to stand with us. “Penguin.” I shortly greeted and he nodded quietly as I looked back on stage with bright eyes.

               “Which one are you looking at, huh?” Amber looked out with me and I shook my head.

               “Both of them really, they’re slightly frightening when they both start talking to you on your own. They’re interesting though; both have stronger points than the other. A good pair together.”

               “If you had to choose one?”

               “Yunho.” I blurted without thinking, and Amber started howling with laughter.

               “Ooh, Colorado’s got a crush going on!” I smacked her arm and shushed her quickly.

               “It’s not like that at all. He’s got eight years on me. He’s in essence like that crazy uncle you’re not really sure about, do you get me?” She raised an eyebrow at me, not believing me for a moment. “Ugh, whatever, I like someone else anyways.” I rolled my eyes and reverted to watching the pair again.

               “Who?”

               “Why should I tell you?”

               “Then get your back to Korea and hang out with us! I understand the comfort of being around guys, trust me, I know. But even I need to be around just girls sometimes. There needs to be a balance.” I sighed and nodded.

               “I’m going to have a full schedule once I get back to Korea to stay for a while.” I sighed and stretched, popping a few joints. Amber gave me a questioningly look and I huffed. “Key wants to dance, you want me to have girl time, I’ll still need to help Exo-M, I’ll likely be with Exo-K for a while there too, and Yunho and Changmin want me to go and see them. Whatever that means.” I mumbled the last line to myself and Amber raised an eyebrow at me again. “Dude, who do you like anyways?” I nudged her and she laughed.

               “Sleepover talks already? Progress successful!” She happily cheered and I laughed. “Anyways, I’ll give you a hint. Just watch the stage, okay?” I nodded and the two remaining members of TVXQ came off stage, breathing heavily.

               “Jihyun!” I looked over and Changmin combed his hair back. “Did you watch?” I nodded and gave him a thumbs up and they both smiled before running to change.

               “Don’t have a crush my .” Amber muttered and I looked back at her. “It’s Changmin, isn’t it?” Immediately I cringed and my top lip curled unfavorably.

               “Not a by a long shot. That’s doesn’t even matter, focus. You have a stage to do.” Suddenly, I was tugged away from Amber. I turned to find Tao taking me happily back to the dressing room. “Tao! What do you need?”

               “Touchups. Nothing much.” He took me into the dressing room and I found Baekhyun fussing over his hair in the mirror. “Him first.” Tao motioned to the frantic male and I sighed.

               “Baek, you look good. Stop screwing with it.” I walked up behind him, set my camera down on the counter. Taking a comb, I quickly smooth down his hair and made it look normal. “Don’t touch it.” I ordered as I set the comb back down. He pouted, but grumbled an agreement nonetheless as I shot him a stern look. Turning, I found Chanyeol trying to put his hair back into a ponytail. With a gentle giggle, I went over to him and took the hairtie from him before ruffling the copper locks. “It’s looks better like this. Yeah?” He grinned at me and stood up, towering over me, and bringing me in for a hug.

               “Guys! They’re on!” We all turned and looked at the small television that was streaming the concert as Kris, Amber, and Key entered the stage. Tao, Baekhyun, and I sat in front and all the others crowded behind us to watch. By the second chorus we were all merrily rapping along with the three. The smile that I had disappeared altogether and the room became silent as a set of frames passed by. Amber had reached up and pecked Kris on the cheek before running down the stage, Kris smiling as he watched her go.

               “So that’s who she likes.” I murmured, picking up on the hint loud and clear. Tao’s hand found mine and he squeezed my fingers. Shifting my gaze to him, I pushed away the thoughts and smiled at the older maknae. Judging by his expression though, he knew, and so did all the other members in the room. “Wow, it’s hot in here. Who wants water?” Several hands shot up and I stood, quickly removing myself from the room. I noticed a presence and the usually happy Happy Virus was walking with me, not smiling for once. We silently walked down to a staff that had a cooler and got enough bottles for all of us.

               “I can punch him if it would make you feel better.” The deep voiced rapper sent a smile across my lips and I shook my head. “Are you okay?”

               “It’s just a kiss. Something we Americans do all the time with each other. We meet up and it just happens. It’s nothing to worry about. It would even be normal if they came offstage hugging or holding hands, it’s just a North American thing.” I tried to smile at Chanyeol but he stared me down. Jutting out my lower lip, I lightly kicked him. “When you look like that it’s hard for me to convince myself.” I mumbled as we neared the dressing room. We both looked up to see the three coming offstage, and Kris’ arm slung around Amber’s shoulder so comfortably. Chanyeol blocked my vision as a few of the Exo members stepped into the hall, only to do the same thing. I darted into the room and set the water bottles down before taking my bag and smiling at the guys. “I’ll see you back at the hotel guys. I nearly fell asleep just walking back there.”

               “Jihyun.” The managers called me over and I shuffled to them. “Are you sick?” I shook my head slightly and they looked skeptically at me before their eyes widened. “If you had female problems you could’ve just stayed at the hotel today.” The lowly spoke to me and I nodded lightly, knowing what they were attributing my answer to. “Yeah, go and rest. You need it.” Bowing to them, I took a tighter hold on my bag and quickly left the room, despite the center of my present problem calling after me.

               Briskly walking, I kept my head low to avoid any questions. I quickly walked out of the venue and hailed a cab, taking it to the hotel. When I got in and up to my room, I took Kris’ suitcase of clothes, made sure everything was in it, and set it outside the door. I needed to think through the situation without him intervening.

               I took a long shower to relax myself, and cuddled in my favorite pair of pajamas under the covers, flipping on the television for some familiar show. I found some old school cartoons and settled to let them fill my ears with background music as I thought.

               “Jihyun!” A deafening pounding and an angry voice disturbed my thoughts and I grimaced. “Open the door, Jihyun. I’m not playing around here.” I crawled out of bed and pressed my ear to the main door, hearing some muffled mumbles and a heavy sigh. “No! She doesn’t have monthly problems! She has me problems.” I laughed silently to myself. At least he wasn’t dumb. “What is this even about? Honestly, I’m confused because right now the roles should be reversed.” I stared at the door dumbfounded, one eye twitching in irritation. “I’m the one that has a right to be pissed because of your shameless flirting with older men!”

               “And with that, you screwed yourself of any chances getting back in there.” I heard Chanyeol’s voice and nodded. He sure did. “They approached her first, you know. To be honest, I think they were distracting her.”

               “From what?” Hearing Kris’ growl from my side of the door, I hoped for Chanyeol’s safety.

               “You did have Amber hanging onto you like a tick.”

               “That’s what this is about? Amber. Oh yeah because Amber did a whole lot.” Hearing the sarcasm drip off his voice, I cringed, remembering the venom he had shot at me over the phone when we broke up the first time.

               “She did kiss you, hyung. She’s pretty, well proportioned, sweet, funny, just your type. Why wouldn’t Ji be insecure? I would’ve done the same for her as Yunho and Changmin hyung did. Maybe you should leave her be.” Upon hearing the suggestion, I nodded and turned, about to go back to my bed.

               “I’ll just stay here until she opens the goddamned door.” His declaration made my jaw drop and I looked back at the door. Was he serious or was he just trying to fool me? I wanted to know, but at the same time, I didn’t want to just let him in either. Sitting back in the middle of the floor, I thought about what to do. Seconds turned into minutes, and before I knew it, it was already well past midnight. I yawned and stood up, taking a blanket to wrap around my chilled shoulders.

               “He wouldn’t be out here.” I told myself as I neared the door, but I felt like I had to make sure. I unchained the top lock and undid the deadbolt before opening the door. Looking down, I saw Kris sitting against the wall, head tilted forward in sleep. My bottom lip trembled as I felt my heart clench. Was I upset that he sat out here all this time? No. I was upset with myself for not coming to check sooner.

               Closing the door behind me, I sat next to him and wrapped the blanket around him, waiting for him to wake up. Slowly, I felt my eyelids droop and I let my head fall onto his shoulder. As sleep started to take me, I felt my shoulders warm from being covered, and the feeling of lips against my forehead.

 

---

A / N:

I should be doing homework... but eh. This was more fun.

Anyways, as I promised, Chunji is in the next chapter(s). I'll try to give that update this week.

 

I love you guys!

~Lynn