Penguin

Never Forget Me

A/N:

Double Update!! If you haven't read the last chapter, don't read this yet!

---

                “Jihyun, come on, don’t be mad at us forever.” Tao pouted at me and I just shrugged his hand off my shoulder and scooted further against the wall. “He deserved to get hurt a little bit.” The maknae darkly commented and I shot him a glare.

                “You all went too far with what you did. There’s a definite line between being playful and being damn spiteful. That line is pretty damn big, and you all crossed it.”

                “But we didn’t even say anything.” Kai commented and I glared at him. He shrunk back in his seat and blushed. “I guess we didn’t do anything to stop it either. Sorry.” He apologetically looked at his feet and I turned to look at Chanyeol as he worriedly watched my figure.

                “And you.” I stood up with spite dripping from my words. “It was all your stupid idea in the first place. I told you not to, but no, you had to go through with it. Why?” I took a step forward with every word and I found myself shouting at him by the end of my sentence. He opened his mouth to speak, but no words would vocalize. “How am I supposed to trust you when you all are just as hateful and low as he is?!” Before I could do any more, Lu Han placed a hand on my shoulder and glared hard at me. I threw his hand off and walked to the door. “Think before you make idiots of yourselves and others around you.” I threw open the door and left, quickly walking down the halls and finding a restroom. I quickly entered and locked myself in an empty stall; hand over my chest, trying not to cry. I placed my other hand over my mouth and closed my eyes, trying to calm myself. After about ten minutes, I left my place and fanned myself before stepping out of the door and into the hallway. Chanyeol, Kris, Tao, Lu Han, and Suho stood against the opposite wall, immediately looking up as I exited.

                “You’re right. We shouldn’t have gone as far as we did today. I’m sorry.” Kris bowed his head to me and Tao did the same.

                “Mei-mei, we shouldn’t have let them do that, and I’m sorry.”

                “I shouldn’t have let them do any of that, you were completely correct.” Suho bowed completely and sighed. “I’m sorry Jihyun-ah.” Chanyeol stepped forward to me and frowned.

                “It was all my idea, so if you want to hurt anyone, it should be me.” He simply stated and tightly shut his eyes, preparing himself for the worst.

                “What are you doing?” I comment with a light laugh on my breath. He opened one eye, but promptly closed it again and leaned back slightly.

                “Waiting for you to punch me.” I laughed at his comment and patted his arm.

                “I forgive you guys. Okay?” I smiled at Chanyeol as he returned to being his normal, bubbly self. “Though it went too far, I have to admit that I liked seeing how angry he got.” Chanyeol ruffled my hair before walking down the hallway. I followed behind the four men who were all smiles knowing that I wasn’t furious with them.

                I felt fingers secure around my wrist in a strong grip. I tried to cry for help from the men walking down the hall in front of me, but the other’s hand secured around my mouth, muffling my cries. Suddenly, my mind flashed white and was taken over with memories of the attack not a few months ago. Hot tears flushed down my face as I was pinned up against a wall. My head hung limp despite the attacker’s hold over my mouth. As soon as he let go of me, I slid down the wall, no feeling left to lock my knees upright, and felt myself blubbering.

                “Please don’t do this. I’ll give you money, anything, just please.” I cried out to the man I refused to look at and my heartbeat hastened. “L. Joe. Why can’t you be here again?” I whispered against my sobs.

                “I can’t let you leave just like that. I need something from you first.” The voice sounded familiar, but I couldn’t bring myself to look. “None of it makes sense; you being so happy away and with them. How can you accuse someone of cheating when you’re the one always with other men? How could anyone be sure that you’re not screwing one –if not all– of them? Honestly, how could you be so relaxed and comfortable with them when your boyfriend was worrying about you every moment of the day, always wondering ‘Is she alright?’ ‘Is she eating?’ ‘How are they treating here? Are they nice?’ or ‘Did she get enough sleep?’” I heard him scoff and I scooted away slightly. “You’re not even saying anything. Are you confirming that I was right?” The man grabbed my wrist again and pulled me up, pinning my hand above me and my body against the wall by his hold on my hip. Finally getting enough strength, I lifted my head to look at who dragged me and I gasped.  My eyes traced Chunji’s face with absolute fright. “Now you see me. Tell me, what would keep me from you now? Shall I show you just how much I hate you being around them?” Chunji’s fingers trailed from my hips up to my chest, harshly grabbing my and causing me to whimper from his force. “You know I get jealous easily. For you to go and stay with six, and then twelve men? Ji-Ji, baby girl, you must know how I feel about that.”

                “Chunji, please stop this. When did you get like this? You’re being such an .” I shot angrily at him and he pinned me to the wall with his own hips and growled under his breath.

                “You can never see things from my point of view, can you?” He leaned in and pressed his lips against mine hungrily. I tried to struggle away, but he only grinded his lower half against me harder.

                “Jihyun!” I managed to break away looked over and Tao was worriedly looking at me.

                “Tao! Help me!” I cried out and the youngest ran over, pushing Chunji from me and securing me in his hold.

                “Why the hell would you do this to her?!” A deep voice roared and I looked back from Tao’s chest to see Chanyeol and Kris, though they were blurred by my tears. “You know she was attacked just like this! How could you do something to traumatize her like that?” Chanyeol took a step forward with his words, but Kris placed a firm hand on his shoulder. I heard a sharp intake of breath and I looked over to Chunji who was biting his lip, realizing his mistake.

                “I completely forgot. Ji-Ji!” He stepped forward but Tao stepped back, keeping the distance.

                “You don’t have any right to touch her or even look at her. Tao, come on.” Kris ordered coldly and the youngest gently walked away with me.

               “You should count yourself lucky that I’m not kicking your sorry right here.” Chanyeol growled and joined Tao and I, taking my hand in his. He silently offered a smile and I weakly nodded, turning my face as to be hidden by my hair from any prying eyes. I was quickly ushered back into the waiting room full of the nine other guys, who immediately made way for me to sit on the couch.

               “Mei-mei, I should’ve been watching. I’m sorry I let this happen to you.” I looked to Tao, who was on the verge of crying himself, and patted his knee.

               “I’m just glad you came. Thank you.” He wrapped his arms around my shoulders and I leaned my head on his shoulder.

               “Walk with us instead of behind us. I don’t want you getting towed away again.” I looked up to see Kris glancing at me with his cold expression and I nodded, even though he had already busied himself elsewhere. Sooner than not, Exo left the dressing room, locking the door behind them, and went to record their performance.

~~~

               I sat on the couch, playing with my phone, and debating whether or not to call and apologize to Chanhee. Before I could get the courage to call, Exo burst back into the room and took their places around the room, letting the friendly atmosphere fall on us again. As I was playing rock, paper, scissors with Baekhyun, the door to the room opened.

               “Noona?” I heard a soft voice and I looked to see Niel peeking into the room. Chanyeol, Kai, Kris, Chen, and Lu Han all shot up from where they were and glared at Chunji’s bandmate. The small male’s eyes widened and he just placed a small box on the ground. “I just wanted to give this to you, it’s from L. Joe, Ricky and I. I’ll leave now.”

               “Thank you, Niel-ah.” I said softly and he smiled gently before bowing and scurrying from the door. Chanyeol picked up the box and looked it over. “What’s in it?” The male looked at me curiously before shrugging and pointing to the box. I nodded and he sat back down, opening the small silver object. A small smile fell on him as he held up a small pink bow. The grin turned wider as he scanned over the little note with it. With a genuinely happy face he started happily bouncing and ran over to me, pushing Tao away. Sitting next to me, he tossed the note in my lap and started fixing my hair to look good with the bow.

We’ll always be here for you no matter how stupid Hyung is.

Know that we’ll never leave you.

We love you Noona!

<3

~ Niel, L. Joe, Ricky ~

               I smiled at the note and sighed to myself. Chanyeol patted my shoulder as he happily admired his work.

               “Thanks Chanyeol. I can always count on you guys, right?” I looked at him and then looked at each of the Exo members.

               “Of course you can, Jihyun-ah. We all like you too much to let you go.” Suho winked at me and I felt a light laugh.

               “Alright. Let’s go. I’ll buy dinner tonight, okay?” I nodded at the guys as the manager walked in and told us the vans were ready. I quickly asked him if I could take the guys out, and was very thankful when both managers nodded and let us go.

               Climbing into the van with Exo-M, I found myself sitting between Kris and Lu Han again. As I talked with Lu Han to get all bad thoughts out of my mind, I felt Kris’s hand gently brush against mine. I smiled but sighed lightly.

               “You know, sometimes I wish I hadn’t left Colorado in the first place.” I admitted to Lu Han and was met with several shocked and upset faces.

               “Mei-mei, but then you wouldn’t have us!” Tao pouted and glared at me.

               “It’s not that. It’s just that I’m not as tough as I used to be. I never cried in front of people back in the States and over the past two days I’ve cried more than I have ever in my life, and it was in front of you guys.” I shrugged my shoulders and pursed my lips. “Believe it or not, I used to be as cold as Kris can be.”

               “Tch. North Americans. It’s better this way though. You fit duizhang better when you’re nice.” Tao rolled his eyes at me and I glared at him as the van came to a stop.

               “Let’s go before she kills someone.” Kris shot forward from the seat, dragging me with him to stand out front the restaurant, and it wasn’t until then that I had realized he had intertwined my fingers with his.

               “Uhm, Kris?” The leader looked down at me with one raised eyebrow and watched me curiously. I stopped myself from commenting with a shake of my head and he looked away, letting a small smirk pull at his lips. “Thank you, Penguin.” His eyes shot back to mine, as wide as Lu Han’s, and I shook my head. “Ah, nevermind.” I waved both hands, freeing myself from him, and turning to our friends. “Shall we go in?” Being met with hungry nods, I led them into the restaurant, blushing and lightly biting my bottom lip.

               ‘Penguin. It’s been four years since I called you that. Even though it was only two months that I used it, it was so comfortable. I think I can get used to it again.’

---

A/N:

Hey guys! Sorry it took me a while to update, I couldn't piece my thoughts together for this story and had to take a break.

Anyways, thank you for commenting, you guys always keep me going <3

I love you guys so much!!

~Lynn