Clarify

Never Forget Me

                The sun had disappeared beyond the horizon long ago, and the sounds of the Beijing Night Life echoed even in the empty area of the park. We had sat for a few hours, making up for the lost time and filling in the four year blank in our lives. Before long though, we both began to feel fatigued from our day out.

                “We should probably head back before they start worrying about us.” I sighed at my companions words and picked myself up from the ground, dusting off my backside, and picking up my bags. A sudden worry washed over me and I frowned. “Are you okay?” Kris asked worriedly, taking my hand in his. I nodded, but jutted out my bottom lip slightly.

                “We have to tell them don’t we?” I grumbled and the taller male nodded.

                “They’re still confused about yesterday. They need to know about us, before something strange happens that we can’t explain.” I sighed heavily as he started walking, dragging my pitiful figure along until we could catch a cab.

 

                Trudging to the door to the dorm, Kris entwined his fingers with mine as I let out a nervous groan.

                “They’ll understand.” Wu Fan whispered just before he kissed my hair. I rolled my eyes at him, smiling at his overflow of affection. Reaching out, I opened the front door and took short, but quick, nervous steps towards the people I internally wanted to avoid. With my outburst just slightly over twenty-four hours previous, I felt slightly awkward. As much as I didn’t want to, these boys did deserve an apology as well as an explanation. I knew it for sure as the leader of Exo-M and I looked into the living room to see the other boys waiting patiently. Five pairs of obviously confused and curious eyes raised and bore into our presence. Before I could open my mouth, Xiumin shot up from his place and stomped to stand before me. His hard stare caused me to shrink back and feel even more inferior than before. Without a word, his fingers wrapped around my wrist and he dragged me with him, forcing me to sit next to him on one of the couches.

                “Mei-Mei,” Tao softly began as he guided Kris to sit on the seat next to him. “You know the successfulness of this group not only depends on us sic performers, but those we work with and care about.” His eyes shifted between Kris and I, but I sat silently, slightly confused as to his intentions.

                “He wants you to talk about your problems.” Lu Han quickly clarified. He shot me a look as he pursed his lips. “Scratch that; he wants you to fix your problems. Preferably in Mandarin or Korean, and also preferably with all of our clothes on.” He glared at me pointedly and I flushed bright red, avoiding his gaze.

                “That part was my fault though. I kind of provoked that because I was angry.” Wu Fan spoke and I gave him a grateful look, to which he nodded. We all remained silent for a moment and I took the time to take in each of their feelings through expressions. Yixing watched Kris’ movements with worry, Chen stared humorlessly at his hands in his lap, Xiumin through my hair as a distraction, Lu Han seemed deep in thought, and Tao crossed his arms over his chest lightly and was trying to figure out what to say next. All the while, Kris was gazing into my eyes calmly, habitually biting his bottom lip. Upon looking into his eyes, I felt the courage I needed rise up inside of me. Sitting up properly, I took in a breath and gained the attention of all the members.

                “Your leader and I have known each other since way before we’ve known any of you.” Kris nodded at me and I smiled slightly before delving into our story. As I shortly explained some events, I paused to bite back a smile, or to laugh to myself at a particular memory.

 

                -- “Wu Fan!” I called to the tall male as he opened every cupboard in the kitchen. He turned and I laughed gently. “Above me and two to the right.” He nodded and made his way back over to me. A soft, defeated grunt came from Wu Fan as he took out the spices I wanted. Returning my attention to the pot of ramen before me, I tried to ignore him as he wrapped his arms around my waist. Hot air fell on my neck, causing a small shiver to crawl down my spine, just before the stoic male peppered my skin with soft kisses and gentle nips. “You aren’t very conducive to cooking a great meal, you know.” I grumbled at him, though my body had relaxed against his chest.

                “That is why we’re creating one hundred and one different ways to make great ramen. No matter what, no one can screw this up.” He sniggered and I gently elbowed his stomach. Wu Fan feigned hurt as he let go of me and leaned against the counter beside the stove. I glared at him as I added a small dash of ginger and he huffed a sigh. “Fine. I get it. Bossy woman.” He grumbled and turned to get out a large bowl for the food.

                “You know you love it.” I chirped musically and he leaned down to press a lingering kiss to my cheek. --

 

                Shaking my head, I continued with our entwined lives up to the events in the previous day. Luckily, all the members listened carefully to the erted beginning, romantic middle, and depressing end. Upon finishing, Xiumin took my hand and gently smiled at me while rubbing circles with his thumb.

                “So I guess I didn’t have to tell you Duizhang can be an .” We all laughed at Xiumin’s words, lightening the heavy mood.

                “But if you both knew for so long, why didn’t either of you say a thing about it?” Chen asked, confusion etched in his furrowed eyebrows. My eyes shifted to my old friend, and he nodded. It was his turn to speak about us.

                “Neither of us wanted to risk the group just for the sake of four-year-old memories and loose ties.” Kris shot right to the center of our reasoning; keeping it very simple, unlike me.

                “Opposites really do attract then, I guess.” Tao mused lightly and I had to hold back a laugh. Kris on the other hand, snorted while trying to contain his chuckles. The youngest looked up at his leader with wide, curious eyes.

                “We’re not as different as you might think. While there are a lot of personality and physical traits that are very different, we’re similar in our tastes, but not to the point of boring each other with the same thing.

                “Wow, like an ideal couple. At least you guys aren’t dating anymore.” Xiumin started to get up, but I took his hand with a nervous laugh.

                “Yeah, about that,”

                “We’re dating again.” Kris coolly leaned back against the couch as I shot him a glare. “They’re bound to find out sooner or later.”

                “You could’ve eased into it a little bit. “He laughed as I rolled my eyes at him. Shifting m gaze back to Xiumin, I jumped at the, seemingly, knowing look he and Chen were watching me with. “What?” I questioned nervously as they both leaned towards me.

                “You guys did it again, didn’t you?” Chen shot at me bluntly and I blinked in shock and disbelief. That was what he got out of this whole conversation? How did he manage to be that far off? He took my lack of a response as an affirmation to his question and shot up from his seat with a squeal of delight and a little dance. “I knew it!”

                “Yah!” I shouted and lunged towards him, only to hit his previous seat because he hopped over the coffee table. “You little Korean Devil!” I yelled and started to chase him into the kitchen. Just as I was about to jump on him, my body was hoisted into the sir. Finding myself slung over Kris’ shoulder as he walked down the hallway, I resorted to calling out curses at Jongdae.

                Before I could do any harm, Kris threw me on my bed and closed my door. I sat against the wall and grumbled at the tall male, only to have him let out a breathy chuckle and shake his head.

                “As feisty as always.” He snickered and sat beside me, taking my hands in his. I felt my body warm from just his touch, a gentle calmness running through my veins, making me feel at home. “I told you they would understand. You owe me.” The leader smirked as I lifted my head to meet his gaze.

                “I admit it went better than I imagined.” The words came across with a reluctant grumbled, but I did give in. “What do I owe you?” Wu Fan let go of my hands and placed his hands on either side of my neck, tilting my jaw upwards ever so slightly, letting him gaze down into my eyes. As our eyes lidded and lips met, I felt my worries drift away, letting me have even just a moment of pure bliss. It was soft, sweet, and full of emotions, but not eager to go beyond. When he pulled away, I had to stop myself from following after his touch, loving the comfortable and safe feeling he gave me.

                “Now we’re even. He lightly chuckled as he brushed the tip of his nose against mine, refusing to let me go just yet.

                “You know you should at least lock the door if you guys are going to go at it already and prove me right.” Both of our gazes darted over to the now-open door, with a cheeky Chen sticking his tongue out as he casually leaned against the doorframe.

                “Jongdae!” Kris roared as he shot up from the bed and the singer disappeared in an instant. Wu Fan turned back to me and pressed his lips against my cheek. “I’m sorry.”

                “Go deal with it. I know you want to. Play nice.” I laughed and he pushed my hair from my eyes.

                “Sleep well; we go to the United States tomorrow. That’ll be a long flight.” He smiled slightly at me before leaving and heading after the singer.

                “Back on home soil for a couple of days.” I sighed happily as I traced my bottom lip with my fingertips. “Good night Penguin, here’s to everything turning out right.” I whispered as I looked out my window, heartbeat slightly hastened.

 

---

A/N:

Hi there guys!

I know. I’m a bad author. I’m sorry I haven’t updated in a while and then just give you this. I’m really so sorry and I will try my best to be better.

Well, I got my school laptop back, hence the new poster!

Let me know if you like the old one better.

I love you guys, thank you so much for the support and opinions you give me. They really contribute to the story!

Love forever,

Lynn