Leaving

Never Forget Me

                “Just five more minutes!” Chanhee’s soft voice whined next to my ear and I lightly swatted his cheek behind me.

                “You’ve been saying that for a half an hour. I need to go, my plane leaves in an hour and I have to finish up around here.” I pulled out of his grasp and gently placed a kiss on his lips. I stood up on the floor and groaned, immediately sitting back down. “That was a bad idea.” I rubbed my sore hips and grumbled. Chanhee laughed behind me and kissed my bare shoulders.

                “You know you loved it.” His cocky voice made me laugh as I pushed him back again. Bringing myself up to stand once again, I made my way to my open bag and put on my underwear from before, along with jeans and simple black V-neck short-sleeved shirt. After brushing through my hair and pulling it up into a ponytail, I finished placing my belongings into my bags and hauled them into the living room. “Here, Ji-Ji, let me.” Chanhee helped me with the larger luggage and a small carry-on bag as I grabbed my purse, keys, and paperwork.

                “Thanks, Chanhee.” I smiled lightly to him as we left and I locked my apartment for the last time for a long time.

 

                Stepping up to the main desk, Chanhee gave the lady my larger luggage while I sorted out a few details with the receptionist. She handed me my physical ticket and I bowed a ‘thank you’ to her. Chanhee’s arm s around my waist as he picked up my carry-on again and walked with me to the gates. I stopped dead in my tracks, sudden fear coursing through my veins. What if something happened to my friends while I was gone?  What is something were to happen to Chanhee? What if something would happen to me? Small beads of cold sweat appeared on my brow and Chanhee watched my movements worriedly.

                “Ji-Ji, are you alright?” My eyes widened and I shook my head. I took a step back and clenched my fingers into fists. Chanhee wrapped me up into his embrace and hugged my body to his tightly. “You’ll be okay Ji-Ji. I promise. You can’t back out now.” He softly whispered against my hair before pulling back and gently running his thumb against my jaw. “What’s wrong?”

                “I’m scared.” I breathed honestly, looking away and rapidly blinking to keep from tearing up. I felt his breath on mine and looked up to be met with his lips gingerly placed against mine. I closed my eyes against the gentle touch and felt a tear fall. His fingers quickly brushed the water away as he pulled back.

                “Don’t be scared, okay? I’ll be here for you the whole time. Call me whenever you want. If I can’t pick up right then, I’ll call you back as soon as I can. I promise you won’t be left alone.” He delicately pressed his lips against the tip of my nose. “You’ll be alright.” He wrapped me in another tight hug and rubbed my back comfortingly. “Okay?” I clutched to his warm body, taking in the last scent of his comforting cologne.

                “Okay.” I manage to choke out, hugging him tighter. An announcement for my flight rang across the loudspeaker and we reluctantly separated. I pressed my lips against his, brushing away the forming tears. “You remember our promise right?” I held up my hand, pinky out, and he intertwined his with mine.

                “Never forget me.” He softly stated and pressed our lips together once more before putting the strap of my carry-on on my shoulder and unwrapping his scarf from his neck and gently draping it around my neck. “Keep this.” Chanhee offered a sad smile and I hugged him quickly before he ushered me towards the gates. I nodded and strode, disheartened, to the attendant to checked my passport and ticket, guiding me through the gates further. As I stepped past the minimal security, I looked back at Chanhee’s broken figure. His shoulders lightly stooped, with one hand in his pocket and the other waving lazily at me. His eyes were filled with heartbroken tears and I raised my hand to wave at him. The final call for boarding broke me from my trance as I looked up towards the speaker. My gaze shifted back at Chanhee once more. He ran up to the security and was reaching his arm through the gates. I took his hands and squeezed it lightly. “I love you Ji. Keep that in mind and you’ll never be alone.

                “Miss, your plane will be departing soon, you must proceed to your designated flight.” I nodded at the lady before returning my gaze to the man in front of me.

                “I love you too Chanhee, keep me in your heart?” I gently asked and he nodded. I was the first to pull away, feeling tears fall as I watched his heartbroken expression, knowing that I wouldn’t be around for a month, if not longer. “I love you.” I whispered again before turning on my heels and walking off towards my flight. I didn’t look back, despite the flow of tears that blurred my vision, for fear of never having the courage to go to China. I knew that with one look at his heartbroken expression again, I would jump into his arms and never leave. I had to separate myself now, if only for this short period of time. “I’m sorry.” I muttered under my breath as I clutched tightly to the fabric strap of the carry-on, showing my papers to the attendant and being told to board on the plane. I took my seat and was thankful that no one else was going to take the seat next to me. Tears silently slid down my cheeks, turning the skin pink with a light flush.

 

 

                I don’t think the flight could have felt any longer. After about halfway through the flight time, I pulled myself together roughly and wiped all the tears off, resigning myself to stare outside the window dejectedly. As the plane smoothly touched down in Beijing, I sighed to myself and stood up. I mindlessly made my way out with my bag, collecting my larger luggage and looking around for any familiar face. My eyes fell upon a large group of females, and could only suspect that Exo-M was in the middle of them. I looked down at my phone that started ringing and sighed.

                “Hello?” I softly spoke into the phone and watched the group from my spot.

                “Mei-mei! Did you land yet? We’re waiting for you!” He chirped cheerfully and I couldn’t help but to smile.

                “Yeah, I can tell. I’d come over, but you’re surrounded, so I’ll meet you outside?” I offered and I heard a hum of approval. After ending my call, I grabbed my bags and made my way outside, avoiding the screaming hoard of fangirls as best as I could.

                “Mei-mei!” I heard a voice from behind me as I reached the doors, and saw Tao running for me.

                “Oh god.” I muttered with wide eyes as he tackled me into a hug. “Maknae!” I yelled form his suffocating grip and pushed him off me. “I love you too, but please, air is a necessary thing.” I chuckled at Tao’s sheepish blush. Suddenly, his eyes widened at me and he reached up towards my face.

                “Are you alright?” His voice was stricken with worry and I smacked his hand lightly, a smirk on my lips.

                “I’m fine, just tired, that’s all.” He smiled a little and looked back at the rest of the group who had joined us. “Hey guys.” I pulled off the best smile I could and was met with bright smiles and being ushered out the doors to a van. I wasn’t even completely sure of what was going on at that point since two different people took my luggage and put it in back while Chen dragged me into the backseat of the van. Suddenly it was packed and we were moving towards their dorm. I started getting bombarded with questions; there were too many that I was rubbing my temples from all of the noise.

                “Guys, let her think.” Kris firmly spoke and everyone quieted down instantly. My eyes shot up to meet with his and he nodded before averting his attention. ‘Thank you.’ I thought to myself as I looked at the others.

               

                When we exited at their dorm, Xiumin and Lay generously took my luggage for me to my room, speeding into their dorm before I could even see where they were going. I chuckled to myself at their cuteness. Tao gently pushed me towards the door before walking around me and into the building. I followed his figure, sitting next to him on the couch, politely, with a rigid back.

                “You can relax Jihyun.” I cold voice met my ears and I looked up to see Kris watching my movements. “If you’re going to be living here, you need to be comfortable, yeah?” He smirked gently before walking away.

                “Weirdo.” I muttered in English before turning my attention to the chubby-cheeked man who sat next to me, staring at me questioningly. “What?”

                “What are you supposed to be here for? We weren’t really given an explanation.” I smiled gently and patted his knee. As I laced my fingers together and placed my hands in my lap, I offered a small smile as I explained in detail what I was supposed to be with them for. He and Tao nodded at my every statement and smiled at the end. “You’ll be here for a while then. We’re good, but we do need help.” I shook my head and raised an eyebrow.

                “I’ve seen what you guys can do, honestly, I wonder why I’m here at all.” Xiumin blushed lightly before yawning. “Oh, I forgot what time it was, I’ve kept you guys up.” I looked at the faces around me and stood up. “You need your rest. Go to bed.” I looked at Xiumin who was snuggling against the couch, smugly smiling at me.

                “Make me.” He muttered and started to close his eyes. I stopped down until I was in front of his face and narrowed my eyes at him. His eyes opened for a moment before he pressed himself against the couch in slight terror.

                “Don’t try me. Just because you’re the oldest doesn’t mean I will let you try my patience. You, go to bed, now.” I forcefully spoke to him and stood up straight as he and most of the others scurried off to their respective rooms. I smiled at my work and put my hands on my hips. As my body turned, I met eyes with the cold leader of the group. For a moment, I contemplated asking him about me, if he remembered, but thought better of it as he lightly laughed.

                “End of the hall on the right.” He stated as he looked at my questioning figure. “Your room, I mean.” I bowed in a thank you, and made my way into my room. As soon as the door closed, I felt tears welling up again. With a heavy heart, I unpacked and changed into my pajamas. My eyes drifted to the window and I watched the distant moon, feeling a melancholy fog settle on my being.

                “Chanhee… I’m sorry.” I whispered lightly and fell asleep, tears gliding across my skin, head leaning against the cool window.

 

----

A / N:

Okay, I made myself cry again, I really need to stop doing that. My heart hurts every time I write something like the parting...

Ack! Anyways, I'm getting discharged on Monday, and I just need to not be up and around. I'm well enough, but I have to limit my computer usage due to the concussion.

Thanks for the concern and the well wishes, you guys are the reason I write with every bit of my heart.

Thanks you for all the love, you guys are really sweet and dear to me.

I love you all!

~Lynn