Café Stories

Never Forget Me

                “Jihyun!” I groaned at the sudden noise and swatted in the general direction it came from. “Come on, get up Jihyun.” The voice called again and I curled up under the blanket further. “Don’t make me make you.” I grumbled and kicked my leg out, hitting a thigh. Hearing a laugh, and feeling the weight leave my bed, I smirked triumphantly. “Okay then, have it your way.” Without any warning, the blanket that was keeping my body warm was ripped from my body and I quickly curled up, immediately freezing in the air conditioned house. I whined and looked up from my position.

                “Kris. Why must you do this so early?”

                “You didn’t want to get up, he smiled gently as he sat back down on the edge of the bed. “How are you feeling?”

                “Well, I was fine until now. Give me that back, it’s too cold.” I reached for the blanket, but Kris threw it across the room. He took my hand and pulled me up to sit next to him. I reached up in a stretch as I yawned.

                “I guess you really are cold.” Shifting my gaze to him curiously, he smirked and looked down before standing up and throwing me my sweater from the door. I looked to where he had been looking, and blushed furiously.

                “Yah! You ert!” I screamed at him and threw a pillow at him as he ran out of my room laughing idiotically. “Tch. You better run.” I glared at the door before getting up and closing it. “You’ll never change will you?” I laughed to myself as I got dressed and fixed my hair. As I exited my room and entered the bathroom, I groaned.

                “Are you alright mei-mei?” I looked over to see Lu Han worriedly watching my figure.

                “Look at my eyes; I look like I should be dead.” Returning my attention to the mirror, I started work on making my eyes not so red, puffy, and baggy.

                “Jihyun hurry up! We still have to meet your dongsaengs for coffee!” Upon hearing Kris’ voice call to me, I sighed and put down my eyeliner.

                ‘How did this even happen? Things happened to be going so well, and then he just suddenly has a girl by his side when I show up. I wonder how they even got together. She probably had an easy time finding him since they already did the video together. Huh, I guess he really is the player his friends warned me about. What do I do now though? Will he be there this morning?’ I lightly put on lip gloss as I rearranged my hair again. Gently, I tapped my head with my knuckles and jutted my bottom lip out. “Of course he would. Wherever they go, he goes. Ah, what should I do if I see him?”

                “You should act like you don’t care. Act as if he meant nothing. It’ll get him riled up, and it’ll make it look like you’re stronger than you are.” I looked up to see Chanyeol leaning against the doorframe, offering a half- smile to me.

                “I should, shouldn’t I? Thanks, Chanyeol.” He patted my arm and held up my bag.

                “Anytime, now let’s go before Kris storms in here, okay?” Nodding, I took my bag from him and walked to the door, of course with all twelve guys and both managers right behind me.

                “Are you all coming?” I curiously asked and Tao bounded up to me, looping his arm with mine.

                “Of course! We have Inkigayo recording today, and we can’t just let you run around on your own. You need to be with us before we perform. Isn’t that right?” He looked to his leader who smirked as he nodded and opened the door.

                “That’s right. We can’t have our coach just doing as she pleases on an important day for us. Let’s go.” Slinging his jacket over his shoulder with one hand, he slipped the other into his pocket and walked out of the dorm. Glaring sarcastically at his back, we quickly followed him out.

 

                As we got to the café that was close to my old apartment, I felt my heartbeat jump. A sigh then crossed my breath as I thought back to the first time I went there and how I met Chanhee. I smacked my head once before Kris grabbed my wrists, staring at me oddly.

                “What are you doing?” He questioned harshly in our common English, and I shook my head.

                “If I’m going to act like I don’t care, I can’t really think about the past, right?” He nodded and let go of my hands, understanding.

                “You met him here, didn’t you?” I nodded ad scrunched my nose as I shrugged. “Well, let’s go and get this over with.” He switched back to Korean and I nodded as he flung open the van door and stepped out, charisma exuding from every inch of his body.

                “How do you always look so cool?” I grumbled to myself as I stepped out behind him.

                “I just am. Here.” He draped his jacket over my shoulder and smirked. “I don’t want what happened this morning to happen again, got it?” He smirked playfully and I lashed out to smack him, but was dragged by Chanyeol and Baekhyun into the shop, preventing me from getting a little revenge.

                “Noona! You came!” I jumped a bit at the sudden yelling, but broke away from the two boys to embrace Rick and Niel who shot up to meet me.

                “I promised you I would. How are you guys doing this morning?” I smiled at them but the frowned and glared at my eyes. As Ricky raised his hand, I smacked it and pushed him lightly. “Hey, personal bubble here. Don’t start getting touchy now.”

                “Noona, your eyes are slightly red. Did you not sleep last night?” He shot a glare at his hyung sitting at the table, watching my every move. I smirked slightly before returning my gaze to the boys.

                “Not really. Chanyeol and Kris were practically suffocating me last night. Figure though. They’re both really close.”

                “Noona! You slept with both of them?!” Niel covered his mouth in shock while I glanced at Chanhee’s angry and rigid figure in his seat. I pulled the two younger boys closer and whispered in their ears, wanting to see how far Chanhee could go at this point.

                “Only in the literal sense, I went to sleep as they tried to make me smile all night. They both left after they thought I was asleep. That’s all.” They both nodded with mischievous grins and glanced back at their hyung before pushing me towards the big group.

                “Go to your jagiya!” They smiled cheekily as the pushed me between Kris and Chanyeol at the front of the line. The two men both smiled at me and suggested things for me to try.

                “What were they talking about?” Tao pulled me back next to him and I smirked with a glint in my eye.

                “I told them that I fell asleep when Chanyeol and Kris were with me last night, but they didn’t understand at first and thought I literally slept with them.” Tao nodded and Chanyeol grinned back at me with both of our drink in his hand. He lead me to a nearby table and set down my latte and his tea before taking the jacket from my shoulders and tossing it back to Kris. He took of his own jacket and gently wrapped me in it, lowering his head to whisper in my ear.

                “How about we have fun with this then? I mean, if he has no idea. He deserves to get hurt more than he hurt you.”

                “Chanyeol, that’s really not a good idea.” I bit my lip and shook my head, glancing back at the other band at the large table.

                “Hey, Chanyeol-ah. Stop keeping her all to yourself and bring our girl over here.” We both looked to where Kris was patting the seat next to him and I noticed Chanhee almost choke on his drink. He smirked at the male before returning his attention to me. “Hurry.” He simply stated as Chanyeol took his seat. Groaning to myself at what was awaiting, I trudged over and sat between them. I pouted to the other guys for help, but, much to my dismay, they all seemed to be on board with Chanyeol’s plan. “Yah, Jagiya, drink up. You’re going to need your energy for later.” He smirked at me and threw an arm around my shoulder before taking a sip from his drink.

                “Noona!” I looked up and L. Joe was pouting at me from across the table. “Do you have to go with them today? It’s only the recording, right? You should hang out with me and the kids today.” He offered and I was about to nod enthusiastically, but Xiu Min cut me off.

                “Mei-mei is always with us on our schedules. Aside from coaching us, she needs to keep her duizhang company.” He smirked and winked at me, causing a blush to creep up on my cheeks.

                “That’s right. I’m sorry, but Jihyun-ah is staying with us today. Maybe next time.” Kris smirked at the boys and I elbowed him. “Hm?”

                “You’re pushing it.” I glared at him before shrugging off Chanyeol’s coat and Kris’ arm before standing up and crossing around the table, sitting in the place between CAP and Chanjo. “I would like it if you kept our personal business between just us, so, jagiyas, shut up.” I emphasized the words while glaring at the two men. Chanjo snorted accidentally as he tried to keep in his laugh, and I couldn’t help it. I laughed at the maknae’s cuteness and so did most of the table. As we laughed, CAP ruffled my hair and pulled out his phone. My phone vibrated as he set his down on his lap and I cracked a smile.

From: CAP Oppa

He’s fuming over here.

I’m surprised he hasn’t done something

to that cup yet.

                I peeked around the older male and stifled a laugh as Chanhee crushed the cup in his hand, knuckles white in fury.

To: CAP  Oppa

Whoops, there it goes.

Poor cup.

They took it too far though.

                CAP busted out laughing at my text and I turned back to the twelve rookies with a cheeky grin.

                “Jihyun-ah.” I looked over as Kris cooed to me. The table fell silent as he reached over and took my hand in his. “Our managers would kill us if we were late again. We should probably get going.” He smirked as CAP gulped, obviously acting.

                “What do you mean ‘again’?” Hearing my friend’s question, Kris covered my hand with both hands and gently caressed my skin.

                “She already told me not to say any more, but let’s just say that Chanyeol and I have been late to practice a few times already.” He smirked and I let my head fall to the table pathetically. “Jihyun, let’s go.” He patted my hand and I got up, glared immensely at him as all of Teen Top aside from Chanhee were smirking at me.

                I grabbed my bag and ran out of the café ahead of all of them, utterly embarrassed.