You don't like rain?

Rain's Embrace

You did see him again. In a rush to catch the bus after school you'd left your umbrella behind and now you were paying for it. It was raining again, and hard. "Aish what do I do??" You hoisted your bag over your head and tried to run but the rain was coming down way too hard. You were halfway to the bus and almost completely drenched when you felt the rain stop. You looked up to see Daesung smiling at you and sheltering you with his umbrella. "Oh, thank you." You smiled back at him and he motioned for you to walk with him, "You don't like rain?" He asked with a playful smirk on his face. You smiled wistfully, "Oh, I liked the rain in Yangdong." Daesung raised his eyebrows at you and sat behind you on the bus, "The rain in Yangdong is very special." You nooded in agreement and leaned your head against the window. Daesung was right, the rain in Yangdong had always been very special to you. Since the time you were three you had always been afraid of the rain, having lost your mother in a storm when you were two. A little boy, maybe a year older than you had helped you find her and whenever it rained since that day you had always found something on your doorstep. The gifts were usually small toys and games, they were given anonomously and helped distract you from the rain. When you were nine, the gifts suddenly stopped coming. But then, when you were eleven  a horrible thunderstorm struck your village and many homes were flooded. Your family was lucky enough to be spared, and after the storm you were surprised to find an envelope addressed to you in your mailbox. It had no return address and when you opened it said "Cheer up, you can bring your own sunshine." There was a picture of a sunrise attached to the note. No signature, no address. These letters came to you every time there was a storm, always with a photograph of the sun. The letters had helped you become brave. This person was your sun king, and you had never found them to thank them. Now that you'd moved to Busan, you knew you never would. You were awakened from your thoughts when you felt Daesung gently tap you on the shoulder, "Isn't this your stop?" You grabbed your bag and stood up quickly, why were you always so careless around him?! Daesung smiled at you, "I'll walk you home, I think it's still raining outside." You were about to protest when Daesung gently took your arm, just like you had in the morning. You blushed, your whole body felt warm at his touch. "I'm happy we met." you thought to yourself as you walked together with smiling boy.