Leaving the Past

Rain's Embrace

You glanced out the window and sighed, it was raining outside. You had just moved to Busan, Korea from your home in the countryside. You already didn’t like it here. There were too many people, too many unfamiliar sounds and not a single person you knew. You were a top student in your high school in Yangdong, the prosperous farming village. Your friends loved you and looked up to you. But that was all in the past. Frustrated with the lack of respect outsiders had for the education system in Yangdong your parents had packed up and left the village, moving to Busan where you would attend the top high school Kang Academy. School started tomorrow and you had no idea what to expect…you laid out your new uniform and turned off the lights. Tomorrow would be an interesting day.

It was raining again as you hurried to the bus stop. Your parents had given you a lecture before you left and now you were running late! "Aish if I miss my bus today I'm screwed!!" You hurried forward and tripped over a crack in the sidewalk. A few girls scurried by, not noticing you. Your bag had burst open and a few of your books and papers lay scattered on the damp sidewalk. You scrambled to pick everything up, not wanting to be late, when you saw a figure bend down and pick up your notebook. "Here~" You looked up to see that it was a boy around your age. He was wearing a similar uniform to yours and you thought he must attend your school. "Oh, thank you." You smiled shyly at him and he grinned back. You blushed, he had such a beautiful smile! He looked like he was going to say something to you when the bus caught your eye. "Yah, it's the bus!" You pointed and when he looked at you confused you grabbed his arm and pulled him into the bus. Once inside, you let go of his arm, feeling shy, you looked up at him to see him laughing. You blushed again, that smile really was beautiful.