Lesson 2: Flying AKA Karma is a

Mutants

 

Hello everyone  glad you like the new poster it took quite some time to make it good to know my efforts didn’t  go to waste thank for your lovely comments and welcome to all the new subscribers  here is chapter 21

The walk to the roof wasn’t a really long one but unfortunately for Key it felt like the shortest walk he ever too in his entire life. Jonghyun was already at the top when Minho opened the door to the roof. The feline couldn’t help but gulped as he took his first step out onto the roof, he could literally feel his heart stop.

‘I’m gonna die’

“Ahhh~ It’s such a nice day. Just feel the fresh air, perfect for flying!” Jonghyun said, his arms stretched out, letting himself bask in the comforting wind.

Minho looked up at the sky.  He had to admit, it was a pretty great day for the lesson. It wasn’t too windy out and the sun was shining brightly accompanied by a few fluffy white clouds. A smile broke out on his face as he saw the youngest stare in awe at the view. Forgetting about the scared state of his umma, Taemin bounced over to Minho in excitement.

“Hyung this is gonna be so cool!! I’m gonna be able to become a real super hero like hyung one day!”

Not wanting to ruin the redhead’s happy mood, Minho didn’t mention to the boy that he can’t be a super hero without fighting. They’ll go down that road when they get there.

“I’m glad you’re excited, I think you’ll fall in love with flying once you learn how…... Ok guy, I think we should start….” Minho’s words died on his lips. The sight that he met was causing him great concern. Not only had Key not moved from his spot but the boy didn’t seem to be putting up a single fight as Jonghyun poked at his cheek to irritate the boy. Even though Minho’s only known the feline for a couple days, he damn sure knew how hothead the boy was so to see him pretty much unresponsive was very unnerving. As Taemin began to walk to over to the pair, Minho followed after him.

“Umma, are you gonna be ok?” Taemin asked looking knowing at Key. He knew was deadly scared of heights despite that being the meeting of his name. He just didn’t understand why his umma wouldn’t tell there hyungs. Key locked eyes with Taemin. He could see the worry swarming in those chocolate brown orbs reflecting his own worry as well. But stubborn as ever, the black hair tipped boy refuse to voice or show anymore of his weak state. With that in mind, Key gave him a reassuring smile.

-poke-

-poke-

-poke-

Key’s smile fell instantly as he realized Jonghyun was still poking his cheek. “Jonghyun, if you don’t stop poking me with your dino finger. I’ll personally make sure you lose that finger.” Despite being threaten Jonghyun smiled.

“Looks like the diva is back, shall we begin?”



 

It didn’t come as a shock when Key found himself paired with the dino as his trainer. ‘Haven’t they learned from the first time that cats and dogs just DON’T get along?’ Key head snapped up in attention as he heard the redhead laugh. Key cocked him head to the side, black and blonde strands getting slightly in his eyes. ‘Did he just hear my thoughts?’ The feline shook his head, ridding himself of the thought. Minho and Jonghyun walked in front of them seemingly ready to give instruction. Minho combed his hand through his brown wavy hair before speaking.

“Alright, this is gonna be a pretty easy lesson. First things first, we all need to transform.”

Like a light switch that was just , Jonghyun and Minho transformed to their mutant state. Taemin and Key didn’t transform as swift and precise as them since they weren’t use to doing it on command. But in the end they were all in their mutant form none the less. Jonghyun walked up to the feline boy before getting behind him and circling his arms around his thin waist. Key was about to voice his protest but couldn’t speak when the slightly shorter boy rested his chin on his shoulder and began whisper something in his ear. Goose bumps rose on his skin.

“Are you ready?”

Key couldn’t stop the shiver that crawled up his spine. They were definitely too close for the divas liking. Suddenly the mutant’s words registered in his mind. Was he really gonna do this? Was he really gonna let himself be hundreds of feet in the air with his only life saver being a short dino? TO HELL HE WAS!!! A panic began to rise in Key as he struggled to get out the mutants hold. He couldn’t do this.

“W-wait I-I can’t do thi-s”

Jonghyun tightened his hold on the boy and smiled

“Oh sure you can! Now stop being silly. Once instinct takes over it’ll be a piece of cake”

It probably wasn’t the best idea to for the feline to be paired with Jonghyun on his particular lesson since his teaching method for flying was yes, instinct.

“In-instinct?”

Key eyes widened as he felt feet begin to leave the ground.

“N-NO STOP! I c-can’t d-o THIS!! Jonghyun STOP!”

It was pretty obvious to Jonghyun now that Key had a fear of heights but he thought he’d be fine once he got over his nerves. What can he say, karma is a .The mutant would soon find out just how scared of heights the thin boy was.

“Key relax were only going about fifty feet above the roof”

Once hearing the fifty feet part, Key began to struggle even more to get out of the strong boys hold. Probably wasn’t the smartest idea since they were already about 25 feet up and still rising. But frankly the blonde could care less. The rationally part of his brain shut down and his so call instinct was telling him; ‘GET ME THE HELL DOWN!!’. Seeing the roof get smaller and smaller put Key’s mind in a desperate frenzy. ‘GET ME DOWN.GET ME DOWN. GET ME DOWN. GET ME DOWN.’ The boys powers began to go haywire. His palms charged to release energy blasts as his arms flailed desperately.

“Hey watch it! Will you calm down!”

Jonghyun yelled as a blast barely missed his face. Keys body appeared and disappeared like a flickering light bulb. His voice seemed to amplify to weird amplitude like he was yelling in a bottle or underwater. Jonghyun couldn’t pay much attention to it because he was too busy dodging Key’s multiple attacks. Jonghyun released one of his arms wrapped around Keys waist and scooped up his kicking legs bridal style. “Hyung what’s going on? What are they doing?” “I’m not sure Taemin”

“Damnnit Key! If you don’t stop flailing I’m gonna-”

Jonghyun was cut off when Key’s force field flash protectively around his body. Jonghyun didn’t let the field knock him too far before he grabbed Keys body again. Jonghyun grabbed him so fast the boy didn’t even have time to scream before he was in the mutants hold once again. Key hands clutched Jonghyun shirt tightly as he stopped struggling. An idea popped in the mutants mind. He peered down at the still boy in his arms. ‘Oh so this is what I have to do to get you to calm down’ With a smile, Jonghyun tossed Key up in the air earning a short cry before he caught him. The feline shook in his hold and grabbed him tighter this time.

“J-Jonghyun what are-are y-you-”

The boy didn’t let him finish as he removed his small hands from his shirt and tossed him in the air again only a bit higher. Key’s frightened cry rang out, catching the attention of the other pair.

“Jonghyun! What the hell are you doing ?! You’re supposed to be teaching how to fly!”

Minho yelled, keeping a strong arm around Taemin’s waist in case he lost his concentration again.

“I am teaching him how to fly” Jonghyun said, catching the boy once again in his hold. Dry tear tracks trailed down the boy’s face but Jonghyun figured they were from the too much wind getting in his eyes.

“PL-please please do-don’t thr-ow m-me agai-AAAAAAAAH!!!”

Key’s cries of distress rang as Jonghyun tossed him yet again.

“Quit it before you drop him!!”

Jonghyun looked offended

“I am NOT gonna-”

Just when Jonghyun was about to catch him, Key phased right through his open arms.

His eyes widened

“!”

 “AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAh!!!!!

Jonghyun moved fast as he landed on the roof and raced down to the lobby at lighten speed. If didn’t even notice that Minho was right behind him carrying a crying Taemin. The mutant literally felt his heart stop when he saw the screaming boy falling multiple stories toward him. The loud panicked screams of bystanders exploded in his ears when they took notice of the falling boy. Cars stopped as people got out in alarm at the scene they were witnessing, others praying woefully for the boy. The yellow glow in Jonghyun’s eyes intensified before bent his knees and shot in the air with a powerful jump start. The concrete that was under his feet was now sunk in, cracked and crumbled. He can count on Minho to clean up his mess later.

Key screamed at the top of his lungs when he realized Jonghyun didn’t catch him. What Key didn’t hear were the screams of terror coming for below as bystanders saw him free fall. Black and blonde strands whipped around Keys face as his body went numb from fear. His eyes squeezed shut as he felt tears build up in them. He was falling fast; it wouldn’t be to soon before his body meets the ground.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!! HEEEEEELP MEEEEEEE!!! JONGIEEEEEEE!!!!!!

The feline gasped as he suddenly felt his body collide with a firm chest and strong arms envelope him in a protective hold. He realized he was no longer falling after a familiar scent invaded his nose. ‘Jonghyun’ The feline clutched the back of the mutant’s shirt like his life depended on it, because it pretty much did it. Guided by a strong hand, Key buried his face in the mutant’s shoulder, his thin frame shaking in his hold. Jonghyun flew back up to the roof slowly watching Key carefully as his body flickered from visible to invisible and walked down to the living area of their based. He went straight to his room and shut the door behind him when he heard the other two make their way upstairs. Still holding the shaking boy, Jonghyun climbed in his bed and held Key in his arms as the frightened boy straddled him.

“I’m sorry Key, I am so sorry”

Emotion swam in his voice as he combed his hands through the shaking boys hair. Key lightly pushed himself off of Jonghyun’s firm chest to look at his face. Guilt and regret swarm strongly his big brown puppy eyes. The feline’s bottom jutted out once again that day at its own accord. Shock wide eyes looked at Key when his bottom lips began to tremble in warning for what was to come next. He whimpered lightly before a sob broke through his pouted lips. Never in a million years would Jonghyun ever think he would witness the most divaish, bossy, and iest person he ever known cry. Loud sobs raked through the boy’s body.

“I-I HA-HAate YOU! W-wHY did YOU-you D-DO tha-AAAaaa~! WaaaaaaAA-AAAAAA~”

Key really knew how to make someone feel like a monster. But honestly Jonghyun felt he deserved every minute of it. He cause this, He made the boy cry and now had to suffer in self-loathing and the consequences. Jonghyun’s face grew a pained expression the longer he heard the steady sobs of the boy. It was seriously killing him, he could take it. Keys breath hitched when he was pulled into a warm embrace, his face against Jonghyun’s beating chest. Like a calming lullaby, the mutant’s heart beat softened the feline’s sobs to sniffles.  With his shirt now tear soaked Jonghyun cupped the boy’s cheek, wiping the last of his tears with his thumb softly. As gentle as he could be, Jonghyun moved lips to the boys forehead giving it a light kiss. Voice like velvet, he spoke softly with his lips barely touching his forehead

“Please forgive me kitten”



 

Awwww they made Key cry again . Hope you liked it . please comment and subscribe