Chicken

Mutants

I'm back  I'm doing much better  then i was before  It took a while but i'm back to my normal self again Thank you for all of your wonder comments And to all new and current subscribers, you amazing I would have updated sooner but i was studying  hard for my exams Hope i passed them  How was your halloween? I love candy but my mom doesn't like me eating sweets but halloween is an exception i guess. Anyway sorry for the rant and enjoy chapter 15


 

 

“Slow down you stupid dino! What are you trying to do, kill me?!”

He stopped and bent over to catch his breath, hands on his knees. Key was never a good runner, maybe it was because he hated doing it so much or the fact that running meant actually doing some form of working out. From Key’s physique, it was pretty obvious that he and working out have yet to be acquainted.

Jonghyun slowed his running and looked back at the struggling boy before making his way over to him. He brought one hand to the back of his head a looked at Key sheepishly.

“Mianhae, are you ok?”

Key gave Jonghyun a dirty look and stood up straight. He fixed his hair in the proper order and smoothed out his jacket.

“It’s fine, just stop running. My legs feel like they’re turning into jelly”

Jonghyun glanced down at the boys leg and smirked.

“Whatever you say princess”

Before Key could yell at the mutant for calling him those ridiculous pet names. The dino walked into a shop with a huge flashing sign that said ‘OPEN’ Key walked into the shop without even looking at the name. For 1 he didn’t really care and 2 he was pretty much starving. He’d eat anything that was dead and cooked properly by now. The first thing that Key noticed when he walked in the little shop was the delicious smell of fried chicken. The shop was pretty empty for the part aside from the old man sitting at one of the various tables and a couple people standing in line. Jonghyun was already sitting with his receipt, waiting for their order. Key walked over to the boy and sat across from him.

“So this is what you were craving for so badly”

Jonghyun looked at the feline with a soft smile. Key has never seen the mutant have this kind of expression before. Instead of his signature smirk or playful grins he actually looked sincere for once.

“Yeah, me and Minho use to come here all the time during our training day when we were younger. Back then Minho really didn’t like me so much or anyone for that matter. All the other mutant trainees just ignored him and thought it was best to stay out of his way, but never the less I still tried to get close to him. So I just talked to him every day even though he never responded. But one day he just told me that I was annoying and to leave him alone. I really sad after that but I did leave him alone. A couple weeks later we all had lunch after we all finished training and I saw a couple other mutants were picking on him. Saying that he didn’t like anyone because he thought he was better than everyone else and like that. He didn’t say or do anything in response; he just sat there ignoring every insult and accusation they threw at him. Even though it was obvious that he didn’t like me and wanted nothing to do with me, I stuck up for him. He stayed quiet as we argued back forth but then one of the guys emitted a shockwave. I was pretty much paralyzed with pain. Minho pretty much beat the out of them after that, with me joining in a bit later. I’ve never seen Heechul and Hankyung so angry in my life. But after, we came to this chicken joint. From then on we were best friends and came here to eat lunch every day.”

By the end of Jonghyun’s story, Key couldn’t stop smile that was one his face. It was just so sweet. It made him get a warm fuzzy feeling inside when he heard about what Jonghyun did when he was younger. Who would of thought the dino could be THAT sweet. Key couldn’t help but hope to witness Jonghyun’s sweetness more first hand. The blond haired boy rested his chin on his hand with a dazed look on his face.

“Key?”

The boy hummed in response

“Why are you looking at me like that?”

Realization back to him as he mutter a quick ‘nothing’ before he shook his head. The black tips of his hair falling perfecting back into place when he ceased his action. Jonghyun gave the boy a weird look.

“Oh, well our chicken is ready so let’s go”

The mutant said walking up to the counter get there order. Just as the feline got up and started to follow, someone bumped into him making both him and the other person fall into a mess of limbs.

“What the-”

Before the blond could utter another word, the person clumsily stood up and quickly start bowing to him multiply times.

“Mianhae, mianhae, I’m so sorry let me help you.”

Key grabbed the boys’ outstretched hand and pulled himself up. He had huge white nerd glasses and long pale blond hair. His eyes were a unique color of greyish blue.

“Key are you ok? What happened?”

Jonghyun asked, walking over to them holding there order.

“I’m fine, I wasn’t watching were I was going”

“No, It was completely my fault I was the one who bumped into you.”

The boy said, waving his arm in front of him. He took a step back, and slipped. Sending him to the floor once again

Jonghyun watched as Key helped him. Jong tried to get a good look of the boy as he made his way on his feet once more. But when he did, he looked the boy up and down before he felt his eyes turn into slits. ‘I know that smell anywhere…’ He eyed the carefully looking for any give away, until he set his gaze on a usual green tint in his eyes. Although it was very faint and the average person wouldn’t be able to see it, but Jonghyun wasn’t the average person after all.

“Mutant” He muttered darkly, the boy pushed his glasses up with his index finger nervously.

“W-What?”

Jonghyun’s face hardened

“Nothing, it’s time to go Key. Minho and Taemin are waiting.”

Jonghyun didn’t even give the feline a chance to respond before he grabbed him by the arm and pulled him out of the shop. But just before he could leave he asked the boy his name.

“Onew!”

Yelled in respond as he waved goodbye with a smile on his smile that could replace the sun any day. Key looked at the boy until he could no longer see him. As soon as the boy was out of his line of sight he wretched his arm out of Jonghyun’s hold. Rubbing the pain of his iron grip away.

“What the hell is your problem!?”

Key shouted angrily, he couldn’t believe it was the same Jonghyun who told him such a sweet story.

“Look calm down kitten, I only did that for precaution. He’s a mutant, I have to ability to tell if someone is a mutant or not but I can’t tell their abilities or the organization there from. I’ve never seen him before so I don’t know if he’s from our organization or S.O.S. It’d be risky to find out, better safe than sorry.”

“If he was bad, wouldn’t he would have attacked us on the spot. He was so nice”

“No not necessarily. You see, we aren’t allowed to attack them or bring them if he there not doing nothing bad. Even if there from S.O.S, with the exception of  certain wanted rogues but other than that no. They wouldn’t risk starting something that they know they lose. But like I said better safe than sorry”

“Oh….”

That seemed to be the only word that Key could say in response to that. It was quiet for a few minutes before he let out a sigh.

Thank you

Key said softly, cheeks burning. He looked to the side uncomfortably. He didn’t notice the smile that found its way on Jonghyun’s face. ‘He’s seriously just too adorable, alright Key you forced this on yourself. Your just asking for a good teasing’ Jonghyun brought his hand to his ear.

“huh? What was that? I didn’t quite catch that”

Jonghyun heard the boy loud and clear the first time even if it was super quiet. He had super hearing to compliment that.

“I said Thank you” His teeth were clenched together, the embarrassment killing him. It was pretty obvious Key wasn’t use to apologizing either

“Really Key you should speak up. It’s not polite to mumble.”

I SAID THANK YOU DAMN IT!” Key stormed ahead of Jonghyun with a huff, muttering all kinds of swears under his breath

Jonghyun watched the angry feline’s back get smaller as he walked farther down the street. He shook his head with a smile on his face before looking up at the night sky.

“Why does he make my heart beat so fast”


Did you like it Please comment and subscribe bye for now