Calm after the storm

Mutants

I'm sorry this I really had to get the grades up this time around, or i would have been in some real deep  but everythings good now to enjoy chapter 20 and thank you for the comments and new and current subscribers 


 

A yawn filled the quiet room of headquarters as Jonghyun began to stir from his dreamless sleep. There was a dull ache in head resulting from all the screaming the redhead had done, but nothing he couldn’t bear. Without much thought he peered down at the sleeping boy who snuggled closer to the warm heat source under him. The mutant couldn’t help the faint chuckle that escaped his lips. ‘I can see why Key and Minho fall for his aegyo. This kid IS pretty darn cute. Although I think Key is a bit cuter’ with that thought said, Jonghyun looked over at the clock hanging on the wall. It was still pretty early to his surprise, early enough to have breakfast. It made the mutant curious what time he was woken up earlier. With a shrug of his shoulders the puppy eyed boy dropped the thought and focused on more important matters. ‘Minho and Key should be back anytime now, so we should probably get up.’ Jonghyun was actually pretty comfortable where he was but he knew he had to wake the redhead up before the other two arrived.

“Taemin, it’s time to get up.”

It wasn’t too surprising when the only thing the mutant got in response was a faint snore.

“Come on redhead, wakey wakey”

This time he got more of a response from the boy as he soon began to stir. Taemin whined as he snuggled closer to Jonghyun. The spiky haired boy started to lightly shake the redhead’s shoulder.

“You got to wake up; Key and Minho will be here any minute.”

Taemin whined louder, his brows scrunched in annoyance

“I don’t want to” he spoke tiredly

Seeing as this wasn’t going to get him anywhere. Jonghyun began to sit up, forcing the younger to slide off of him. Immediately he began to cling to the mutant, small frantic whimpers escaping his lips. A bit shocked by the reaction, Jonghyun laid back down. When Taemin went quiet once again, Jonghyun tried to get up again. The redhead whined even louder, as he desperately clung to Jonghyun. His forehead gained a blue tint before Jonghyun felt like little razors were being stuck in his arms.

“Taemin!..Ah!..Oww! Stop!”

The redhead released his death grip he had on the black haired boy and jumped back, his eyes were wide as he stared at the mutant.

“I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to. I-”

Before the boy could utter another word, he winced as he felt his senses spike. Jonghyun subtly sniffed the air.

“There back.”

As soon as those words left his lips, loud footsteps were heard as they listened to the mutants make there to the first floor.

“Key, stop running! You said you would calm down once you got here”

A faint scoff was heard

“Shut up frog! Is that anyway to speak to your hyung? I’m way calmer now then I was before and I won’t be completely calm until I see my baby” Taemin’s cheeks became a bit rosy at hearing the pet name. Jonghyun couldn’t help but snicker.

‘so typical of the diva.’

Key was the first one to arrive on the first floor, a panting mess and hair completely ruined from running up the stairs so fast. He didn’t say a word as his eyes scanned around the room wildly. Seeing the cuts in the furniture and various broken objects  was evidence that something obviously bad happened. When his eyes fell upon Jonghyun and Taemin on the couch, he made a straight beeline towards them before enveloping the red head in a bone crushing hug. 

“Oh my gosh Taebaby, what happened? If that stupid dino was the reason you were crying, umma will personally kick his short dino .” Key spoke in a caring voice, rubbing comforting circles on his back. Jonghyun jumped on his feet in shock, looking utterly offended by the accusation.

“Yah! You overprotective diva! I didn’t-”

“No umma, hyung didn’t do anything wrong. He actually made me stop crying” Taemin said with a smile. He had to cut Jonghyun off before another fight broke out between the two.

“But umma, why didn’t you come when I called you…” his voice came out quiet, bangs covering his eyes that were now pooling with tears.

Key choked on his own words feeling the guilt set in.

“I think I can answer that”

Everyone jumped at the deep voice the suddenly spoke. You really could forget that the tall mutant was in the room.

“I wouldn’t let him come back here because he was in no safe condition to see you. Judging from this room, both of you were in no condition to be together. Two emotionally unstable mutants would only hurt themselves, each other and everyone around them, even if they mean to or not.”

Jonghyun sighed running a hand through his hair.

“He’s right you guys, It would have been a complete disaster, worse than yesterday”

“Yes and we plan for nothing like that to happened again”

Everyone yelped, hearing the voice over the intercom speak

“DAMNNIT HEECHUL! YOU ALMOST GAVE ME A HEART ATTACK!”

The spikey haired boy yelled, hand clutching his chest

“Oh calm down puppy boy, I just wanted to check in on you guys to see how the progress is going and to remind you to meet at HQ tomorrow. We have many things to discuss and your leader needs to be assigned.”

Jonghyun snorted, crossing his arms

“Why don’t you just assign one now? We all know its going to be me. I’m no doubt the strongest, handsomest  and-“

“Dumbest out of us all” Key cut in, a deadpanned look on his face.

Jonghyun head snapped up in defense

“I am not dumb!”

It was Minho’s turn to snort

“Who told you that lie”

Jonghyun made a frustrated sound in the back of his throat as Hankyung sighed.

“And this is why you need a leader and Jonghyun you are currently no YOUR dreams”

The eldest boy pouted before dropping his body on the couch.

“OK boys, down to business, what have they learned so far?”

“All we really got to cover yesterday is transforming but I was able to see some new abilities from them that we didn’t know about”

Jonghyun piped up after hearing Minho say that

“Yeah me to, Taemin is able to detect the pretense of a mutant and emit energy from his psych in its original form and in a bomb like form, set off at command”

“Key is telepathic and enhanced hearing because he was able to  hear one individual person speaking from a far distance. Being that he’s still a beginner with controlling his abilities he wouldn’t be able to master that skill with only his super hear in such a short time. But with both abilities together it’s a lot easier to do. And if my memories is correct I’m he showed signs of invisibility at some point when I was thinking about-” Minho stopped himself just in time before uttering a quiet ‘never mind’

“Good work, Hankyung and I will put this in the database. Is there anything else you guys need to report to us before we go?

Taemin visibly tensed, he knew he should tell them about what happened in the bathroom but for some odd reason he grew scared even at the thought of mentioning it. So in the end Taemin just kept in mouth shut.

“Alright, then hop to it!”  And with that said, the room went quiet once more.

The redhead let out a shaky breath that he didn’t know he was holding

“So what’s next on the agenda?”

Jonghyun grew a Cheshire cat smile

“Next lesson, Flying!”

The feline had to process want the eldest just said before he was certain he was mistaken ‘F-FLYING!?!?’ Key felt like he wanted to puke.

“What wrong kitty, scared of heights?”

The diva glared at Jonghyun before he noticed that Taemin was about to answer for him. Fortunately he beat him to it

“N-No I most certainly am NOT scared of heights! That’s ridiculous!”

Key scoffed arms crossed in front of his chest in defense.

“Good that just makes it easier. To the roof!!!”

Jonghyun shouted as he ran up the stair at a shocking speed.

Everyone followed after the overexcited puppy calmly. But Taemin knew Key better than that, the way he was clutching the railing so hard his knuckled whitened and every step he took up each stairs was a bit shaky. Key was certainly not calm, anything BUT calm. Taemin let out a worried sigh

“This will certainly not end well


Thank you for reading, please comment and subscribe