Appa

Mutants

 

Sorry for the terribly long wait. I got myself in some really deep troubleNot once but TWICE since my absence.  1. A substitute thought I was cheating on a test. It made me mad that she accused me of that.My attitude got me a phone call to my mom She was not pleased I was snuck on punishment. 2. Our school is on lock down for all the fights that are happening so we can’t go to the bathroom. Pretty ing stupid if you ask me I had to really go so I just walked out. Teacher got mad when I came back and told me to go to the office. I refused, so they called the school officer to get me. Momma was definitely not happy, so I got more punishment I just got my laptop back Wednesday, no more sneaking around in computer class Anyway sorry for the rant, thank you to all the new and current subscribers and to all the comments

 

illusions are in this color font!!


 

A groan escaped Key’s lips as he felt himself waking up from his dreamless sleep. He took a glance at the clock with squinted eyes once he was able to focus. He was a bit surprised when he saw it was 7 o’ clock. Usually he would wake up earlier, but I guess yesterday’s events really took a toll on him. He his back and looked at the white ceiling above him.

“I wish this all was just a bad dream”

 Key wanted nothing more than to go back to his old life. He didn’t want to fight, He didn’t want to save the world or be the world’s only hope and he certainly didn’t want to be in a team. If only he could wake up from this nightmare and get back to reality. A reality where it was only Taemin and him again. No Heechul, no Hankyung, no OMO, no SOS and no mutants. ‘banana milk’  Key’s brows furrowed as he heard the youngers voice in his head. He turned his head to see the redhead sleeping soundly with a cute smile on his face.

“Yah, how can you be dreaming about banana milk silly” Key whispered, a smile tugging on his lips. He looked affectionately at the boy for a while before letting out a sigh.

“Well, I can’t stay in bed forever”

 And with that being said, the feline pulled the covers off his body and swung his legs over the side of the bed. He winced when his bare feet came in contact with the floor before standing and walking out of the room. While shutting the door behind him, Key checked to see if anyone else was up. When he came to the conclusion that there wasn’t, he made his way over the refrigerator. The feline swore under his breath when he was greeted with empty shelves.

“Jeez, I have to feed my Taebaby SOMETHING when he wakes up”

Key closed the fridge and leaned his back against it with his arms crossed. He contemplated whether he should go shopping now or wait for the others to wake up. He knew he it would be chaotic if they all went and he couldn’t go alone for multiple reasons. 1. He wouldn’t be strong enough to carry all the groceries they needed, 2. Minho and Jonghyun would be mad and scold him for it later and 3. It was obviously too dangerous to go alone with his current situation and all. Having said all that, it left him with only one option. Key sighed softly

“It can’t be helped”

The boy uncrossed his arms to push himself off the fridge before walking to Minho’s room. Like hell he was gonna take the dino with him. He had enough of being annoyed for one day. Key turned the knob slowly and opened the door only a crack to peek inside. He couldn’t see his face but it was obvious that Minho was still asleep from the way he was breathing. Key opened the door all the way and slipped inside. He shut the door soundlessly behind him before walking to Minho’s bed side. He didn’t know why but Key felt a nervous feeling stir in his belly as he approached the sleeping boy. I mean, he was the hyung after all. So he shouldn’t be right? Putting the thought aside, Key gently tapped the sleeping figure until he began to stir.

“Jonghyun, if it’s you. I will fry your brain in a different way than a teacher can”

Key snickered

“No, but I’m sure there wouldn’t be anything to fry if you did.”

At hearing the voice, Minho’s eyes shot open as he sat up.

“Key?”

Key rolled his eyes playfully

“Obviously.  Look I need you to come with me to the grocery store. There is nothing in the fridge and I want to make breakfast this morning.”

Minho got out of bed and walked over to his closet

“No problem let me just get dressed and we’ll head out”

Key clapped his hands together

“Great”

With that the feline left the room to let the boy change in privacy. As he shut the door softly behind him he looked down at himself. His shirt was ripped and wrinkled badly from sleeping in it, his jeans looked terribly dirty and worn.

“Uggh I need to get out of these cloths NOW”

Taking quick steps, Key walked over to one of the boxes marked ‘cloths’ and looked inside. Lucky for him, his cloths were in this box and not Taemin’s. The boy reached in and grabbed a plain white shirt and a pair of jeans. He decided it would be best that he save the cloths that he wanted to wear for today after he got back and showered. He was only going to the grocery store after all. Key walked back into his room to change into his cloths. It only took him a minute to get finished. When he walked out he saw Minho already waiting at the elevator for him. He put on his shoes and grabbed his coat. He checked to see if he had his wallet, when he was sure he was ready he looked up at Minho.

“Ready?”

Minho nodded with a smile

“Yup, Let’s go”


 

Taemin stirred as he felt the sun warming his cheek in a comforting way. His eyes opened while a beautiful smile broke out on his face. He had one of the best dreams ever. He was the banana milk prince of a land filled with sweets of all kinda. Cake, ice-cream, chocolate, gummy bears, Lollipops, you name it! He couldn’t wait to tell Key about his dream. With excitement built inside him, Taemin rolled over expecting to see Key next to him.

“Key Um….ma..”

The sentence died on his lips as he stared down at an empty space were Key was supposed to be. He pouted.

“Where is he?” Taemin thought hard before he smacked his palm again head in realization

“Duhh Taemin, He’s probably in the kitchen cooking breakfast like he usually does every morning.”

A smile found a way back on his face before he pushed the covers off his body and hopped out of bed. He ran out the room and into the kitchen, not smelling the delicious food his umma would usually be preparing right now. His eyes closed as he gave a big smile and threw his hands up in excitement.

“Guess what umma! I had the…best…” Once again, Taemin’s sentence died on his lips.

“That’s odd, He’s not in here either. Where could he be?”

Taemin walked out of the kitchen and looked around the room curiously. He walked to one of the bedrooms not sure if it was Minho’s or Jonghyun’s but opened the door anyway. When he saw nothing but a neatly made bed, he closed the door and went to the other room. He opened the door and peered inside. This time, the bed wasn’t made as nicely but there was still no one inside. The redhead shut the door with a nervous look on his face.

“That’s strange, where is everyone? They wouldn’t leave me behind would they? Maybe they found out that I wouldn’t fight and left because I would be too much of a burden?!”

Taemin gasped, a scared look now in his eyes. He bolted up to the next level of their base. Hoping it wasn’t true.

“Key umma! Minho hyung! Jonghyun hyung!”

The boy yelled repeated as he searched through every room.  The Longer he searched the more frantic his yells became. Without realizing it, Taemin was causing himself to transform. The redhead’s eyes turned icy blue as his red hair faded to a soft blond. Taemin continued to search the upper levels before his body became transparent blue and burst into light blue crystals.  His crystallized figure ended up on the second floor of the base. Taemin clutched at his hair with desperate hands. He stopped as he saw his reflection.  He stared at himself in mirror while his mind raced with panic. He whole body went rigid as he saw his reflects’ face contort into a scowl.

“Pathetic!” He spat venomously at Taemin

“Just pathetic!”

 “Did you really think they would stay with someone like you?!  You’re worthless!”

Taemin’s eyes widened

 “Your own parents don’t you! And now your own team doesn’t want you!!”

The blond shook his head

“no, that’s not true” He said mostly sounding like he was trying to convince himself

“Key umma and Minho hyung care for me and Jonghyun even does”

His reflection laughed at him

“Oh you silly boy, they pity you. You would too if you saw yourself. But people don’t pity someone like you forever. They left, just like your parents did. You know why?”

“Because you’re a weak-”

Taemin shook his head desperately

“no…”

“Pathetic-”

He clasps hands over his ears

“No!”

“Worthless-”

“NO!”

Taemin’s body began quivering

Burden.”

Taemin’s eyes squeezed shut

NO!!

Taemin turned away from the mirror and ran as fast as his legs could carry him. He nearly took a spill as he tripped over his feet running down the stairs until a he was caught by someone over their shoulder.


 

Jonghyun woke up from his sensitive ears picking the sound of fast steps coming from the room above him. He lifted his head and let out a groan when he realized he fell asleep on the floor. He pushed his sore muscle off the floor before letting out a yawn.

“What the hell! I fell asleep BESIDE my bed! Why couldn’t I just collapse on my bed by chance?!”

Clearly frustrated, Jonghyun came out of his room and went straight to Minho’s room to see if he was up. His right ear twitched as he heard a faint ‘no’

“Hm, he’s not in here. Oh well”

As the dino made his way out the room his ear twitched once more as he heard another ‘no’ only louder this time. Jonghyun didn’t think anything of it.

“Let’s see if the diva is still getting his beauty sleep”

Jonghyun burst in the room loudly his arms opening in a surprise manner

“Key!” He exclaimed happily

He pouted his lips

“Awwww, he’s not in his room either, neither is Taemin”

Both of Jonghyun’s ears twitch when he heard another ‘no’ louder than the last maybe even a bit desperate? Jonghyun shrugged it off.

“There probably upstairs arguing over something”

Jonghyun left the room and shut the door behind him. Before he could even take another step He heard the same voice again, only this time it screamed followed by frantic footsteps. Jonghyun’s brows furrowed.

“Hold on”

Jonghyun rushed over to the stairs, and began going up the steps. He was about halfway up before he saw a figure come running down them rather frantically, it wasn’t a big surprised when the person tripped over their feet. As the person began falling, Jonghyun caught them on his shoulder. He put them down on the step in front of him before seeing who it was.

“Taemin?”

Jonghyun stared at the shocked boys face

“Jonghy-un hyun-g”

The blond said his voice cracking dangerously; he could feel the tears coming. He kept a straight face to keep himself under control. There was a short moment of silence between the two until Jonghyun saw Taemin’s glistening eyes turn to crescents. His lips set into a frown as he let out a short suppressed sob. Jonghyun’s eyes widened as he heard him let out another, and another. Until he lost all control. Tears streamed down the blond’s pale cheeks as full blown sobs left his mouth. Jonghyun kneeled on the step in front of the boy and cupped his face

“Hey hey hey, what’s wrong? what happened? Where’s Minho and Key?”

Just the mention of their names made Taemin’s loud sobs turn into violent wails.

Um-m-Maaa! I-I Waaa-n-n-nt KE-e-e-yY! U-um-MAaa!”

Jonghyun didn’t know what it was that came over him but he put his hands under the boy’s armpits and picked him up. He secured his forearm under Taemin’s so he wouldn’t fall as the blond wrapped his arms around the mutants’ neck and buried his head in his shoulder. Walking down the stairs, Jonghyun felt the boys tears soak his night and wet his skin.

“Key!” He called out in search of the boy. But he was sure the feline could hear Taemin’s wailing. It didn’t make any since to him why he wasn’t coming. By pure chance, Jonghyun’s gaze landed on the elevator doors. In the walkway two pairs of shoes were missing along with two coats. Jonghyun swore under his breath.

“Taemin, Key isn’t here right now. He must have gone out with Minho somewhere.”

Jonghyun felt Taemin bury his head in the crook of his neck, his thin body shake in his hold as wails raked through him.

UM-mAAh! Um-M-m-aaa-UMMA! U-u-mm-A-a-a AAAAAH!!-”

Taemin repeated wailing harder. He coughed every once in a while because he kept straining his voice, but his wailing would start right back up. At one point when he let out a particularly high pitched wail making Jonghyuns’ canine ears ring, he knew he had to make the boy calm down. Jonghyun brought one of his hands up and held the back of Taemin’s head. He bounced him lightly as he walked around back and forth.

“Shhhhhhh its ok Taemin-ah. It’s gonna be alright”

The younger boy turned his head to the other side to face the room. Jonghyun repeated this in Taemin’s ear a couple of times. When he heard Taemin’s wails soften a little, he began to hum to the boy. After a while, his blond hair turn back to its red color and his eyes went back to their chocolate brown. The cutting that the mutant didn’t even bother to noticed stopped and the redheads’ crying turned into whimpering and frequent ‘hics’ and sniffles. Jonghyun was longer bouncing the boy lightly but rather twisting from side to side rocking the boy in his hold. He still felt the boys tears soaking his shirt but not as much as they were before. Before he knew it, the boy stopped and was breathing steadily in his arms. One of the redhead’s arms fell from around his neck and dangled in the air. Jonghyun stopped rocking as he looked down at him.

“Finally asleep” He sighed with relief.

Carefully he made his way over to the boys shared room. When he got in front of the bed, he tried to release Taemin’s other arm from around his neck, but every time he tried he whimper. After the third try Jonghyun just decided to give up. Admitting to defeat Jonghyun walked out the room and over to the couch. He grabbed the remote and the TV before turning it on low volume so it wouldn’t disturb the sleeping boy. He put the remote down quietly before laying on the couch, using the armrest as a pillow. After all the excitement it kinda made the boy tired he wasn’t too surprised when he found himself dozing off. Before he let the realm of sleep take him completely, Jonghyun looked down at the sleeping boy on his chest and heard something that he would have never expected to here Taemin call him.

“Appa”


Didn't expect this chapter to be this long but i hope you liked it please comment and subscribe