Captured

Mutants

Hope you like it, this is a really long chapter! XD Please comment and subscribe~ n.n


"Umma~ my hair is fine" 
 
Taemin stated as he stood there letting Key fix his hair. Usually Key wouldn’t be such a perfectionist about such small things but something about today just seemed a bit off and he needed something to distract his mind for the time being.
 
"Your almost done Minnie, now hush so I can finish."
 
As Key went back to fixing every flaw with each red strand he couldn't help but tune in on the conversation around him.
 
"Hey you see the new guys?!"
 
"Maybe there transfer students!"
 
"They are SO hot!!"
 
"I wonder if there single?!"
 
Not really taking an interest to the topic at all, Key brought his attention back to what he was doing.
 
"Key you said I was almost done!" With a huff Key retracted his hands from Taemin's hair in defeat. 'So much for a distraction' 
 
"Well I'm sorry I couldn't tolerate having my baby walk around looking a mess!" Key claimed making Taemin roll his eyes in response. 
 
Key and Taemin have been best friends since kindergarten and ever since they moved in together 3 years ago. They've been nearly inseparable. It was probably the best choice anyway. Taemin's parents were never home, there always going on business trips overseas. Unlike Key's parents who were home most of the time.
 
As they began to walk to their first period class, Taemin stopped about half way there, let out an irritated sigh and smacked his hand against his forehead.
 
"I forgot my textbook in my locker; you go ahead I'll meet you in class" 
 
Now it was Key's turn to sigh. 
 
"Taemin how could you forget your textbook?! It's like the only important thing we need for class!" Key scolded, today wasn't the only thing that was off. Taemin had been acting pretty strange since they got to school. He'll space out in the middle of a conversation and it took him foreeeever to finish his banana milk this morning, he almost didn't!
 
"I know, I know. It won't happen again. I just can't seem to concentrate today, my head is killing me! There's these random numbers that keep swarming in my mind, there driving m-” Taemin stopped mid-sentence when he noticed Key giving him a confuse/concerned look. Clearing his throat awkwardly, Taemin decided to drop the topic not wanting to worry Key or confuse him anymore then he already was about him. 
 
'Look at the bright side Taemin. At least you’re not having another episode.'
 
"Um...so..I'm gonna go get my textbook before class starts." Before Key could reply Taemin was already on his way down the hall.
 
"Aish that boy! What is up with him today and what numbers?! I'll definitely bring the topic up when he gets back." Key couldn't help cracking a smile while he made his way to first period.
 
 
"Hyung, why is it taking so long just to find two mutants? We should have found them like 10 minutes ago." Jonghyun stopped sniffing the air and turned around to face his partner, A.K.A his best friend since birth, Choi Minho. 
 
"Well Heechul was pretty pissed last time. He said if I bring home the wrong person again he would rip my balls off and use them as paper weights. I don't think he was joking." Minho chuckled
 
"I don't blame him, you brought him a turtle!"
 
"WHAT! That wasn't my fault! Anybody with eyes would have mistaken that turtle for a mutant! It had red eyes! What turtle do you know has RED EYES!?" 
 
While Jonghyun was trying to convince Minho, he failed to notice he was walking straight at something or rather someone.
 
As the two collided Jonghyun felt hands clutch on to the front of his shirt. Instinctively he wrapped his arms around said person's slim waist.
 
 
As Key felt arms encircle his waist, he looked up to meet the stupid person who wasn't watching where they were going. But instead his eyes met someone with spiky hair and dark chocolate eyes that could make someone melt on the SPOT. Key hadn't even noticed that they were just staring at each other until Minho cleared his throat. Instantly Key came back to his senses and went into Diva Mode, pushing himself off Jonghyun.
 
"What do you think you’re doing?!" Key snapped putting a hand on his hip as he cocked it to the side.
 
"Catching you, seeing as you ran into me." Jonghyun said teasingly making Key scoff.
 
"Maybe I wouldn't have run into you if you would have watched where you were going!" He snapped
 
"You weren't watching where you were going either so this is just as much as you fault as it is mine." Jonghyun commented raising an eyebrow.
"Has anybody told you, you make a horrible first impression?"
 
Jonghyun smirked "Oh really, I bet you weren't thinking that a few seconds ago when you were all googly eyed at me." Key's eyes widened as a slight blush made its way on his cheeks.
 
"I-I was not g-googly eyed. I was just surprised to....to....to see a living dinosaur up close!"
 
 Minho didn't even bother to stifle his laugh. Jonghyun's smirk grew, the insult only seeming to amuse him.
 
"Sure, you probably threw yourself at me. Just so I could catch you" Key choked on air.
 
"BWOH?!"
 
Just then the 3 minute warning bell sounded, all the students began bustling to class.
 
"Well seems like that's the bell, I would run along if I were you. Wouldn't want to be late for class....Kibum"
 
 Key said a string of swears under his breath as he pushed pass the two boys and headed to his class.
 
'Cocky bastard' Key thought, he would rather stay and put that Dino in his place but in all honesty he didn't want to be late for first period. After all, grades come first in Key's book....well second to shopping of course.
 
 
"Jonghyun why did you let him get away, we were sent to capture him not let you flirt with him!"
 
Jonghyun rolled his eyes
 
 "I wasn't flirting with him; I was just teasing him a bit. It just slipped my mind is all. But don't worry we'll get another chance to get him today, I'm sure of it! Now come on I picked up the other ones scent not too far from here."
 
 
'That stupid Dino, how does he know my name?! I never told him it....speaking of that, I didn't catch his name. It's probably something stupid to go with his stupid face! STUPID DINO!!!' Key smiled in satisfaction when he made it to his first period class just in the nick of time. But slowly that smile faded, realizing Taemin wasn't sitting in his seat. 
 
All the students went to their seats as the bell sounded for the beginning of class. Key looked at the door, hoping any second now Taemin would come bursting through. But sadly he never didn’t. Key drummed his fingers on his desk, foot tapping impatiently as he spared a worried glance towards the clock. 
 
'Aish! Where is that boy?!’

 
'Ok I know Key is going to kill me now because I'm late. But I really need some time to clear my head!' Taemin massaged his temples willing the numbers that were already giving him a migraine to go away. This isn't the first time he got a migraine from these 'numbers' but it usually happens if he thinks too long or hard, and it shouldn't be this painful.
 
Taemin groaned feeling his headache get even worse. 'Maybe if I focus in on the problem instead of ignoring it, the pain may go away.' He squeezed his eyes shut to concentrate more on the numbers.
 
Immediately his eyes snapped open only they weren't a chocolate brown color anymore. They were a soft baby blue. Two charts and radar showed in his vision, kinda like a computer screen. Words seemed to spill out of his mouth without him really understanding where they were coming from.
 
“Two mutants have been detected at a 20 meter radius of my current location. Kim Jonghyun level A rank mutant, a part of the Ortiga Mutant Organization also known as O.M.O; beastly wolf like abilities such as super strength, night vision, mutant tracker, enhanced agility, stamina, flexibility, senses, durability, balance, coordination, etc.; Choi Minho level A rank mutant apart of the Ortiga Mutant Organization also known as O.M.O; fire manipulator, super strength, spe-" 
 
Suddenly Taemin was interrupted from his rant when he felt himself be pushed against the lockers. He gasped as pain shot threw his back and laughter erupted in his ears. By now his eyes were back to normal and the words slipping from his mouth seemed to stop. Making him sigh in relief, but the relief was only short lived when 3 guys who happened to be all third years came towards him, trapping him against the lockers with their close proximity. The one in the middle spoke first. Seeing as he was the closest, Taemin guessed he was the leader.
 
"Hey nerd’ why are you in the hallway talking to yourself?! You some kinda freak or something?!" The three laughed, Taemin kept his head down refusing to meet the gaze of the third years. This apparently was a big mistake.
 
"I said-" The third year emphasized by grabbing a fist full of Taemin’s red strands and tugging at it roughly, forcing him to meet his gaze, earning a yelp. “Are you some freak or something?"
 
Gulping down his fear Taemin answered quietly "N-No I was j-just thinking aloud i-is all."
 
As the other two began to laugh, the leader stopped suddenly. His whole demeanor screaming dangerous, not that it wasn't before but it seemed more serious now.
 
“Listen nerd; don't think you can prance around here acting like some freak show because you’re friends with Key; who thinks there the queen of ing Sheba just because his Appa is the superintendent! It's divas like him that make me sick!!"
 
"But I-" Taemin was cut off by the third year pulling harder at his hair, causing a strangled cry to escape his lips. 'Any harder he might pull my hair out!'
 
"Shut up when I'm talking!" The leader spat as he drew closer to Taemin, the shell of his ear. Causing a shiver to crawl up the youngers back at the weird sensation. 
 
Taemin squeezed his eyes shut when he suddenly felt overwhelming serge of energy come over his body going straight to his head. 'Oh no, not again!' He panicked, he tried to prevent what he knew was going to happen. But it was no use, the next thing he knew. His forehead glew a tint of blue before releasing a psychic blast. Sending his attackers flying against the lockers across the hallway, knocking the leader unconscious. The other two looked at Taemin, anger evident in their eyes.
 
"What did you do?! Now you’re gonna pay FREAK!!!"
 
His eyes widened in fear 'Key, help me!!'
 
 
"Hong Young Ki"
 
"Here!"
 
"Kim Shine Yeong"
 
"Present~"
 
"Kim Min Jun"
 
Key couldn't hold back a groan. Mr.Jung started taking role, meaning it's been exactly 10 minutes into class and still no sign of Taemin. It was worrying him half to death trying to guess where the younger could possibly be. I mean he's not the type to skip, which left only one conclusion. Key knew there was something off about today and Taemin. Even though he tried his hardest to avoid it as much as possible, he couldn't anymore. 'Taemin's in trouble and 9 times out of 10 he needs my help.' A pool of worst case scenarios filled his head. Key whined softly but still audible enough for people nearby to hear, making some heads turn. Unfortunately he hadn't heard the teacher call his name multiple times.
 
"KIM KIBUM!!!
 
Key jumped up in his chair, his attention now brought out of his thoughts.
 
"Y-Yes?" 
 
The teacher pushed his glasses up the bridge of his nose, his glare piercing. 
 
"I would advise you to pay attention if you plan to stay for the whole class." 
 
Key bit his lip, feeling a bit embarrassed. 
 
"Yes Mr.Jung"
 
Mr. Jung held his gaze a bit longer on Key before continuing to take role. 'Honestly it never made sense why Mr.Jung was so strict all the time. Just because he was old and lonely didn't mean he had to take it out on the world!'
 
"Alright class, before we get started. Pull out your homework from last night." 
 
The sound of papers being shuffled filled the room. With a huff, Key started searching for his homework like everyone else. Only difference was, he wasn't thinking about if he finished it or whether the answers were right. His mind was currently trying to find any excuse to leave. After getting scolded just a few moments ago, his chances of leaving are 0 to none.
 
"Mr.Jung may I go to the bathroom?" Key asked as politely as possible. Hoping to get back in his good graces.
 
"No Mr. Kim you may not. Now finish getting your homework out." Mr. Jung said giving Key a warning look.
 
The younger rolled his eyes and leaned back in his chair in defeat. For a moment Key just wanted to give up and look at the ceiling for the rest of the class. But he quickly changed his mind when he heard Taemin's voice in his head, almost as if he were sitting right next to him talking. 'Key, help me!!' Key's eyes widened, he could imagine Taemin's frantic expression. Hearing the fear so evident in his voice made Key automatically go into his protective instinct as a umma. Key stood up from his seat.
 
"Mr.Jung I have to leave now, it's an emergency." He stated stern and confident.
 
"You don't HAVE to go anywhere! I suggest you keep your mouth shut unless you’re dying or close to it! And I expect not to hear another word from you for the rest of class." Mr.Jung said through gritted teeth.
 
Not with any second thoughts, Key rushed straight out the classroom. But not before hearing Mr. Jung’s booming voice.
 
"MR. KIM YOU GET BACK HERE THIS INSTANT!!!"
 
With a roll of his eyes, Key ran faster down the hallway towards Taemin's locker. 'Boy will I be getting hell later from my appa' he thought before coming to a stop after he rounded a corner. There he saw Taemin against his locker being gripped up by two guys who seemed to be third years. There was another guy there too, but he appeared to be knocked out against the lockers on the opposite side. Key looked at Taemin's face; the boy was close to tears.
 
"YAH! What do you s think you’re doing?!!"
 
The third years snapped their attention to Key. Their expression changing instantly realizing who it was. They stuttered dumbly as they let go of Taemin. He fell straight to the floor like a rag doll, as if his legs didn't work. Key glared at them venomously.
 
"I should report you to my appa. But since I'm such a nice person, I'll let you off with a warning. Now get the hell out of my sight before I change my mind."
 
Their eyes widened before they scurried down the hall. Wanting to keep his commanding demeanor, Key waited till they were out of sight to rush over to Taemin. Said boy was currently shaking with eyes full of unshedded tears. Key wrapped his arms around him, moving his hand against his back in small circular movements hoping to sooth the now sobbing boy. Urging him to calm down.
 
"I-It H-Happen again Key. I-I-I tried to s-stop it b-but-" 
 
Taemin stopped speaking suddenly, his body stopped shaking and instead went limp. Key's eyes widen
 
"Taemin! Taemin!" 
 
He shook the body in his arms 'What's happening?!!' Just as Key's eyes began to fill with tears, he noticed a presence behind him. Immediately he whipped his head around. Seeing none other than Jonghyun wearing that cocky smirk of his.
 
"Hey there Kibum, long time no see!"
 
Key scooted farther away as Jonghyun walked closer to them. When Key's back hit the locker, he held a tighter hold on Taemin protectively.
 
"What do you want and how do you know my name?" Key said sharply, Jonghyun crouched down to meet eye level with Key.
 
"I'll tell you later when we get to headquarters. But for now just sleep."
 
Key didn't even register what was happening as his eyes became heavy and his hold on Taemin loosened. The last thing he saw was Minho come from around the corner and take Taemin, then everything went black.