Goats growing up

No longer a loner

Word count 1535

 

Jonghun and I didn’t go home that night and I didn’t ask any further about his problems, neither did the boy speak any further about it. Everything but home seemed interesting at the time and I couldn’t bear leaving the latter alone either more like I didn’t want to if that makes sense. Since when did I care so much? We roamed about the whole neighbourhood for hours and hours until a certain someone caught my attention.

“Jaejinaa, what are you doing here?”

“Oh... hyung erm nothing... morning walk =_=”

There was something odd about his reply I mean a morning walk? Common how old is he 50 to wake up early and walk or was he training. As far as I know Jaejin was only good at basketball but I’m sure a morning walk isn’t really necessary. He wasn’t even wearing a jacket and its pretty chilly early in the morning I mean if he was having a morning walk then shouldn’t he be at least dressed appropriately?  I studied the latter’s face since he was fidgeting with his fingers, only to get me even more of a surprise.

“Jaejinaa did you fight? There are scratches on your arm and is that a bruise on your neck?”

I regretted asking as soon as the words left my mouth. Morning walk, scratches, bruises on the neck great and to add to it wasn’t he with Tina noona last night? I stared at him only to catch his face turning slightly pink. I sighed in disbelief and glanced at Jonghun to catch him looking far off to God knows where and smiling. I guess he figured out the situation long ago.

“Hyung, who’s this?”

“Oh... ah this is Choi Jonghun, Jonghun this is Jaejin” Jonghun looked at me when I said that, a hint of curiousness showing in his eyes as to what I’d be saying next. I smiled at him as I said my next words “a friend of mine”. Jonghun smiled back at me and we looked into each other’s eyes only to get shaken off by goats annoying voice.

“Annyonghaseyo” Jaejin was holding his right hand out ready to shake Jonghuns with it which Jonghun gladly took and they gently greeted each other with a smile. It was a rather cute sight but I had to in as I asked Jaejin if he’ll be all right going home alone to which he gave out a laugh and said “hyung I’m not a kid no more, I’ll be fine”. Of course he’s not a kid no more, this stupid goat is in an actual serious relationship and the fact that he’s a year younger than me kind of annoys me. Also he just got laid last night proving that he’s growing up. I let him go and continued walking with Jonghun as we heard Jaejin shouting back at us.

“Hyung I’d like it if you won’t tell anyone about this and also Jonghun shi, it was nice meeting you. Annyong ghaseyo”. With that he ran off and we chucked a little at his goatism.

We continued walking through silence again and I couldn’t take it no more. Those who know me are aware of how much I talk and this whole silent situation was indeed making me feel rather unreasonable as if something bad will happen anytime soon. I decided to break the ice and throw in a small talk.

“So Jonghun...about earlier” he cut me off with quick thanks. I was taken back at this and raised an eyebrow at him. “For telling Jaejin that I’m your friend. I know where I stand and thank you for making the situation less awkward”. Ah so he wasn’t talking about last night phew although I felt a little hurt at what he said, what exactly did he mean by I know where I stand. I was literally scrunching my nose as if I was sniffing something terrible I didn’t want to but did anyways. “I don’t lie, I meant what I said” was my next words to which he stopped in his tracks and turned to face me. “I know you pity me and I’d rather not have that, please don’t make me feel so low”. What an annoying brat, here I was being honest and he’s trying to accuse me of pitying him? “You fool I told you I meant what I said. Now if you don’t shut up I’ll make to eat your own ”. Strong words but he was asking for it. If I was with the boys they know I only say things once and so they did their best to understand the things I said the first time itself. Yet here I am repeating myself for the second time for a guy I barely know personally. There’s something really wrong with me. I was spacing out until Jonghun said...

“Eat my own ? Seriously couldn’t you have said something else more threatening? Making me eat my own sounds rather old school” he laughed at his own statement making me give him the death glare to which he calmed down, only for a mere 10 seconds to burst out laughing again this time. Thinking of what he said made me blush a little. He was right, eating oh God give me back my childhood I thought and laughed along with him for a bit. The rest of our walk was less awkward and more name calling and laughing which I must say I enjoyed, it was over soon though. We had actually walked all the way up to Jonghun’s house in which he lives alone all by himself. It looks like a massive mansion from the outside with well kept lawn and pretty roses around the edges to add a bit of welcoming and homely feeling. We said our byes and then Jonghun got inside his house and shut the door. Wow what a prune head, I hoped he would ask me to come in for a cup of hot steaming coffee but my hope was pushed aside when he walked inside and instead shut his front door at my face.  It was chilly and I needed something warm. Not like I wanted to go in or something, so much to his potato head attitude again.

However, before I went off he pulled his door open and called out my name and like a horse’s strap being pulled I stopped moving. Interesting, this has never happened before as usually people need to beg for me to stop. That certain feeling you get before the fireworks start or before the of a movie that makes our heart go thump thump was going through my body or in simple words my adrenaline was rising and I had no idea why. Shortly after Jonghun came outside and placed a piece of paper into the palm of my right hand. My back was facing him even though I stopped moving. I did not bother turning to face him, was I being smug? This was soon taken care of as he turned me around not do gently, I felt his nails dig into my shoulders and it was NOT very pleasant. I blinked at him in surprise and looked at the piece of paper which held a phone number. Raising my eyebrows at him with a small smirk plastered onto my face I asked “call you?” he simply smiled at me and said be careful on your way home Hongki and we shall see each other soon. With that we said our final goodbye for the day and Jonghun stepped back inside his house with me walking home unable to wipe that smile off my face.

It was no longer chilly and the need for coffee was long gone, I wonder why...

Turning the key along with my door knob I was greeted with a very cold and angry looking woman who happens to be my very loving mother.  Although I said very loving, at this very moment the word loving would be very inappropriate as she looks like the granddaughter of the king of devils. “Where the hell have you been all night? Do you have any idea how worried we were?” wow she does not look pleased as I mentioned before but the tone of her voice dammit, I’m grounded for sure. “Did you even check your phone Hongki? Do you know how many times we tried to call you?”  “Sorry mom my phones dead and I’m here now aren’t I? so chill” wait she said we didn’t she? “Mom whom did you mean by we? Oh wait dad, is he home then?” I was told last week he was going on a business tour off to Canada, it’s not my fault is he decided to turn up at home three days earlier than usual and worry about his son not being home. I mean what did he expect, that I’d stay in all day looking outside through my bedroom window hoping for his early return? Ptschh as if. My thought was disturbed by a stern voice “yes I’m home and now stop standing at the doorway and come inside”.

 

Thankyou ^__^

Decided to double update in the end lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7PBHryo41Ns

^ a funny video for you guys to watch, credit goes to the uploder