The reason why I'm alone

No longer a loner

Word count 1250

 

He looked satisfied seeing the beer glass I placed not so peacefully onto the table still holding onto my glass not minding the certain looks those oldies where aiming at us. Oldies being the customers whom my dad has always told me to treat as first priority of course he can say that using his business man way of thinking. As for me, I’m too high up there to care. “How did you manage to get served? You look even younger than I do”. I smirked at his remark of course appearing like a cute dongsaeng is what makes all them noonas swoon over me. “Don’t dig, drink what you’ve got” was my response to which he obviously didn’t seem pleased much more to my liking.

Couple of more glasses later I felt my belly about to explode with all the liquid I filled it up with and I knew my bladder won’t be able to cope for longer. I stood up and walked towards the restroom spurting out a quick ‘be right back’ without even turning around to see Jonghun. When I returned he wasn’t sitting by our shared table. Did Jonghun just use me to get a few drinks? I felt anger rush into my veins as the feeling of being fooled and thoughts about how to torture the lad were running through my head. Maybe it was the alcohol playing up. Next week, I’d so burn his straight black hair that he’d have no other option but to shave it off unless he manages to get the fire off on time and ends up with the good old days y G-Dragon hair, now that would be a total disappoint to my eyes. Dragging myself out the pub cursing with all my might I spotted him looking out to the sky which made me pause on my tracks. I must say a quick feeling of relief ran through my body as I let out a heavy sigh. He didn’t just leave me.

“What are you doing out here?” my vision was becoming blurry and I knew I had to get home as quick as possible, terrified of the possibilities of me acting stupid I pushed him a little to walk.  We started walking and we were both swaying a little to our sides, so much for expensive beer dammit those things have quality. “I was just thinking” he said. I was debating inside my head to whether I should ask him what about or if I should leave it. The nosy side of me won as I opened my mouth to ask what but he had already spoken his next words by then. “I’m now a complete loner”. Sorry but in my slightly drunken state I had already started to sing ‘dara diri dara doooooo’  as a reply to what he has said. I felt him glare at me making me shut up in an instant as I looked at him with encouraging eyes to say more which I doubted to even work as it hadn’t even been a minute after I sang.

It took longer than I expected a total of seven minutes and 16 seconds to be exact for his next words. “I broke up with my girlfriend”. This made me scrunch my nose I mean why was he even upset if he broke up with the so called girlfriend? ‘ex’ girlfriend now. “Being dumped and dumping someone has different feelings to it if you know what I mean. Why are you pissed if you broke up with her?” There it was again the complete silence that made me feel rather annoyed. Another three minutes later “I have no family. I live alone in a flat. Well actually I do have a step brother who I’d rather not call my brother to be frank”.

“My father was a wealthy designer, I was an only child up until my parents decided to adopt Minwoo, he was only five at the time and I guess they pitied him. He was really cute and adorable and I loved him to bits, we all did”. He sighed and I told him he didn’t have to continue if it was burdening him but of course being the potato head he continued with this words. I did not like hearing sad stories of people and all of a sudden I felt grateful for having my Heenim, he must have felt the same I’m feeling now yet he gave me the courage to go on during touch times.  I looked at Jonghun as he said “at thirteen he started acting cold towards us, I found out later from one of his friends that he had seen his adoption papers one day when he was looking for something in my parents room. He must have felt betrayed as we practically lied to him all his life. Soon after we had lost our old Minwoo, he became addicted to drugs and started hanging out with bad people”.

I didn’t want to hear any further, being the spoiled brat I am hearing sorrowful stories is not what I signed up for. A little talk about Jonghun wanting to be friends with me was what I was hoping for. I was afraid to show any reaction to what he had told me, I was afraid if whatever my face was showing was inappropriate at the situation. The boy was opening up to me and I couldn’t help but feel worried and concerned for him but what if I mess up making the situation harder than it already is? What if he starts crying? Would I know how to calm a crying man? This is something I have never experienced in my life as I have always had people looking after me making me feel right. Not once have I stepped into their shoes to see what it is like to make someone feel wanted and loved.

“I...I have quite a bit of money you see, I wasn’t aware of this and when I did find out it was too late. I guess he wanted it, all of it.  I would have given it all to him if he bothered asking”.

There was that long pause of silence again. It was only a few minutes ago I felt slightly drunk but now I feel sober like any other day. I was cursing myself for being a good drinker at this point.  We continued walking and I was thinking of all possible conversation I could have with him to take his mind off the topic. I know I sound like a right bastard at the moment but it was difficult for me.  Seeing people sad, I hated it and this being the exact reason why I never own up to having relationships. A simple one night stand was enough to satisfy my needs. Everyone knew about my habit yet girls queued up willing to take the chance. I knew that every relationship would bring in an emotional rollercoaster and I hate seeing people get hurt. My thoughts were distracted as I glanced over to Jonghun again just to catch a tear roll down his left cheek. Oh my God he’s crying and I felt a sudden feeling of concern wash over my body as I slowly held his left shoulder to show comfort. Was I even doing it right? I don’t know. I swallowed hard at his next words “he’s the reason why I’m alone. He murdered my family”.

 

Thankyou ^___^

I wasnt gonna update til monday but todays exam was not so bad lol so I decided to update anyways =)

this is a very crappy chapter ...sorry T__T exam stress + my brain is lacking right now >_<

my last exams on monday so I guess next update will be then...still debating whether I should double update

I really have no idea how to reply to comments, I tried but I dunno how to >_<

4 subscribers woo thanks guys + for those who commented =)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Sbj6PZx1HU

Last but not least, ^ a funny video for you guys ( star Hunnie & poor Jinnie LOL) ^__^ credit goes to the uploader