History

The Girl Who Cried Wolf.

I paced around, trying to recall where I had left the money in the airport from a year ago before I was caught by the police.

"Ah! Behind the fire extinguisher!" I exclaimed. As I made my way to find my hidden stack of cash, memories came flooding back.

*flashback*

I was a conman. A congirl. Whatever it was, I used to sell fake jewelery to people to earn a living. Along with my boyfriend, Lee Minhyuk. 

On this fateful day, we were at a country club to meet out victim, I mean client. I wore knockoffs of designer clothings, but it was hard to tell because all sorts of designer items were on me. I looked like an expensive christmas tree.

Minhyuk led the client to our table and sat himself beside me. I started telling the lady a beautiful story of how the diamond in the jewel came about and how it fits her beautifully. I was a darn good liar. 

She believed the tale that I spun and she decided to purchase it. Minhyuk took out the laptop from his bag and placed it on the table as her asked her to key in her pin number into the computer so that she could transfer the money to us. But, before she could do so, the police stood behind us and tried to arrest us. Minhyuk and I immediately flipped the tables and made a run for it.

We decided to go our seperate ways. That was our usual tactic anyway. So, if either one of us get caught the other one would be scotfree. I managed to shake off the police but then.. While I was running, I accidentally hit a man walking on the streets. I apologized and attempted to continue running but he grabbed my arms and stopped me from doing so as he thought that I had stolen the necklace that was in his hands. I struggled to let myself go. My eyes widened with anxiety and fear as I saw the police getting closer to me. 

"LET ME GO!" I screamed trying to pull myself away.

"NOT UNTIL YOU RETURN ME MY NECKLACE, YOU THIEF." he bellowed.

"I DONT HAVE YOUR BLOODY NE-", before I could complete my sentence the police handcuffed me. I looked at my hands being cuffed and glared at the man. I memorized his face as I was dragged away I yelled, "Did you know that I was gonna get married after my last job and now I can't and it's all because of you!!! I'll get my revenge on you, you ! Just you wait!"

*flashback ends*

I reached the place of the fire extinguisher as I stomped my feet with rage. 

"! Life is ironic isn't it? Ughh, that was clearly the guy that got me sent off to jail for a year! I should've kicked him in the balls." I raged as I remembered the encounter in the toilet I had earlier.

I stuck my hand to the back of the fire extinguisher's box and managed to pull out an envelope. I opened the envelope to find all my money there. I was ecstatic! I could at least provide this much money for my wedding with Minhyuk's. I was so excited to see him. I wonder if he still stays at our old apartment...

I went over to the taxi stand and hailed for a taxi.

Peniel's POV.

I sat inside the car looking out the window to see the girl from earlier on hailing for a cab. I saw a puddle of water at the side of the road where she was standing and ordered my guard to drive closer.

"But Master, then the water w-" my guard protested.

"Just do as I say! Sheesh." I grunted.

The car got closer to the pavement as it accelerated by the puddles, creating a huge splash on the girl.

I laughed hysterically and smirked, "Revenge is sweet!"

JaeIn's POV.

The lower half of my body was soaked in dirty water. Thank god, I was wearing shorts though, so I wasn't completely drenched. I looked at the car and scolded, "DON'T YOU KNOW HOW TO DRIVE?! UGH"

Finally, a cab came. I tried to shake and wipe of excess water off of me as I slid on the car seats and told the taxi driver to go to the place where my old apartment was, Cheongdamdong. 

I sat in the car, clutching onto the envelope as I began to smile to myself thinking of millions of ways to reunite with my minhyuk later on.