Busted

The Girl Who Cried Wolf.

JaeIn's POV.

I stepped out of the car as my legs wobbled to the front door of the house. I heard voices coming from the inside. And the sound of a baby crying. It couldn't have been him. It must be some child he was babysitting. I was trying so hard to get rid of all these thoughts that I didn't realise I stood rooted and frozen for 6 long minutes. 

Without my acknowledgment, Peniel gave a loud knock on the door. Upon hearing the knock, I looked at him, shocked. I started to panic. I didn't know what to do. A part of me wanted to find out, but the other part of me was afraid of the outcome. 

"Annyeongha-" he stopped abruptly, the minute he opened the door.

His eyes fixed on me but not with the same eyes he used to view me in. It was fear.

He pushed me further outside as he closed the door behind him. 

"Jane? Aren't you supposed to be in jail?" Minhyuk asked. He hasn't changed abit. 

"I was away from you for a year and the first thing you ask me is why am I not in the fun house anymore?" I asked, with my tone turning into anger.

"It's not that.. I mean.. Things are different now. I dont know how to explain this to you but-" 

Before he could finish his sentence there was a loud bang coming from inside the house. He dashed forth into his house leaving the door open.

I walked forward slowly as I shook with fear while Peniel had his arms around my shoulder trying to calm me down. I saw a lady who was lying unconcious on the ground while carrying a baby. The baby was crying furiously. Minhyuk carried the baby into his arms and passed the baby to me. I was dumbfounded. What was I supposed to do now?

He carried the lady and pushed me out of the way as he pleaded Peniel if he could send them to the nearby hospital. Peniel agreed without hesitation as I followed silently into the car, carrying the baby.

While we were in the car, I looked at the baby carefully. It resembled Minhyuk so much. My heart shattered completely as I could sort of predict the ending of our relationship. I was sitting at the front so I turned back to see how upset and worried Minhyuk was. He truly cared for her. I didn't want to come between them.

As soon as we were at the hospital. His wife was quickly sent to the emergency room. 

We stood outside the room, waiting for the news. 

Peniel offered to carry the baby so I let him. I sat on the hospital benches as I rest my head on his shoulder. It was such a tiring day. Before I knew it, I drifted off to sleep.

Peniel's POV. 

I looked to my side to see Jane sleeping. She seemed really tired. I couldn't help but admire her for being such a strong person. 

If it were me, the whole situation would've given me a big blow and I wouldn't bother helping at all. I'd leave. That's what any normal person would do that is. But, instead of leaving and bursting into fits of anger, she didn't say a word. She even helped him take care of the baby while he was accompanying his wife in the emergency room..

Clearly, she left a deep impression on me. She was truly kind hearted.

I looked at the baby who was also fast asleep and thought to myself, "What a day."

An hour passed and the doctor finally came out. I nudged my shoulders to wake Jane up. 

"So you're friends with the patient?" he asked us. I didn't want to deny it so I nodded my head. 

"She's pretty stable now, you can go in and check on her." he said as he walked off to complete some paperwork. 

"Do you wanna go in?" I asked Jane as we walked closer to the room.

She took a deep breath and looked at me weakly as she squeaked, "Yeah"

Jane's POV.

I took small steps into the room as I saw Minhyuk embracing his wife's face, smiling. Much more relieved than he was in the car. I wanted to cry but I held in my tears. Minhyuk noticed that I was coming closer to the door so he excused himself from his wife and walked over to me. 

I took a few step backs as I saw him coming forward. He closed the room door behind him. He didn't dare to look at me. 

All of a sudden, he got down on both knees and cried, "I'm sorry....."

My eyes widened and I felt tears on the verge of my eyes. I looked up to the ceiling to prevent my tears from falling. But it found its way our and trickled down by the sides. At this moment, many thoughts ran through my mind. I quickly wiped my tears away. In doing so, I saw the baby from the corner of my eyes.

I knew what I had to do.

Lie my way out. 

For the sake of my future happiness. 

For the sake of the Minhyuk and his family.

For the baby.

And, for the sake of my heart.

 

 

************************************

Annyeong!

I haven't updated any of my stories in a long time. I couldn't find any inspiration. But how was this chapter? ^^

Please subscribe and comment. I would love you so much for it and I will try to make my stories even better! Hehe. 

Peace!