Home Sweet Home

The Girl Who Cried Wolf.

Jane's POV.

The rays of light touched the skin of my eye. I fluttered my eyes open. What a beautiful nap. I lifted my head to realise that I had been sleeping on his shoulders all this time. I bit my lip and smiled to myself. I looked at him closely and scanned his features. He had a beautifully defined jaw and the way he pursed his lips while he was sleeping was just so precious. My head was really close to his, without even realising it.

All of a sudden, he opened his eyes and jerked in shock. I quickly sat upright and faked a cough.

"What are you doing? Oh. Were you trying to steal a kiss?" he teased.

I gasped with exaggeration, "ME? Kiss you? Hahahahahaha, I have better taste. Thank you!"

"You mean, a taste for guys who put you into jail and got married while you were there?"

I frowned and punched him in the arm, "."

The bus finally stopped.

"We're here!" I ran out excitedly.

The huge sign read: Hope.

"Home sweet home!" I shouted.

Peniel walked over behind me, "Hope? This is where you live? I haven't heard of this place before.."

"Of course you haven't! We're just a small village, what do you expect?"

I bent over the bushes closeby and plucked a flower from it and stuffed it in my hair. It reminded me of my late mother. She loved putting flowers in her hair.

"Isn't that Jane?" a distant voice called out.

I twirled around to see the village leader, "Uh oh. Peniel, run!" 

I grabbed him by the arm and ran to the direction of my house.

Peniel's POV.

I could hear the distant screams at the back. None were pleasant remarks for Jane's return. I felt like I was running away from a debtor.

"Yoon Jae In! Stop right there!!" the voices behind chorused. 

But before we could continue our getaway, a motorbike stopped right in front of us. 

"JANE! YOU'RE BACK!" the man on motor grinned.

"Ilhoon ah! Now is not the time!!" Jane panted as she tried to push him out of the way, but it was too late. The mob of people caught up and surrounded us. I glared at Jane, "What did you do to them?"

She laughed nervously, "I.. I didn't do anything. It was Minhyuk.." 

"YA! SHUT UP. You lied to us and you dare come back? You sure got the guts huh?" the village leader reprimanded.

Jane clapped her hands, "I'm really sorry for what I did back then. But, I've changed now, seriously!" 

"Why would we believe a girl who cries wolf all the time?" the burly woman beside the village leader quacked.

"Yeah, you and you're Minhyuk lied to us about a leg surgery and our money is gone just like that!" another voice popped out.

Oh god, she has such a complicated life, I thought to myself. 

The mob of people all of a sudden shouted and demanded for payment. I looked at her. She was on the verge of crying. I felt the need to protect her. My hand rose up as I said out loud, "I'll pay it for her."

Everyone looked at me, including Jane. Her face, in pure shock. "Ya. Are you sure you've got the money, punk?" 

"Yes, I do. How much does she owe you?" I asked confidently.

"2 million altogether." My eyes widened with great surprise. That is ALOT of money. Jane looked away shyly and bit her lips in embarrassment. I took out my phone and immediately called my financial assitant to withdraw 2 million and to do it with discretion. I didn't want my father to know about my whereabouts. He told me to be rest assured that the money will be sent over within 2 hours. I smirked and ended the call.

"Give me two hours and I'll be sure to return to you 2 million.." I promised. 

They gave me a skeptical look and nodded as the crowd disperesed, leaving only Jane, Ilhoon and me.

Jane lost her balance and she could barely stand right. It must've been too much for her. I put her arms around my neck and helped her back to her house with Ilhoon guiding me. On the way back, he kept bombarding me with questions like: 

Are you her new boyfriend? 

Then why are you here with her? 

How is it that she trusts you so quickly?

Can I carry her now? 

One thing's for sure. This Ilhoon guy has a huge crush on Jane. As we arrived to the foot of her doorstep, I observed the house. It was just a small, simple white cottage. Flowers surrounded the house like a magical garden. It almost seemed surreal. Ilhoon opened the door as I carried her into the tiny yet well furnished house. I carefully laid her down on the sofa and wiped her sweat away with a hankerchief.

Her eyes rolled about as she opened them slowly. She sat up, and touched her forehead, "Wh-what happened?"

Ilhoon pushed me away from her side and attended to her. I rolled my eyes, surprisingly, raging with jealousy.

Could it be..... Have I really fallen for her?