What is that stench?

The Girl Who Cried Wolf.

I followed Peniel without questioning him. All the walking was exhausting, I decided to take in a deep breath. Unfortunately, a rotten smell plunged up my nose. I flashed a disgusted look and looked at Peniel, "Did you fart?"

Peniel laughed and shook his head.

After several more minutes of walking, the stench was getting stronger. I pinched my nose, trying to block out the smell. "Where exactly are you taking me?" I pouted. "We're almost there!" he exclaimed.

My jaw fell open.

The sign read, "Local Dump"

I was hoping for something more romantic or cute, but.... "THE LOCAL DUMP?" I pointed to the sign and yelled. Anger took control and I lashed out at him, "SO YOU MADE ME WALK FOR HALF AN HOUR TO GO TO THE DUMP WITH YOU. UGH. IDIOT."  I didn't know why I was that emotional. Could it be my period?

Just as I was about to open my mouth to lash out even more, I felt a pair of subtle lips on mine. My eyes widened. I froze and every angry thought and feeling flew away. A new emotion conjured. It was love.

Peniel pulled away and smiled, "You feeling better now?". He wrapped his arms around my waist and pulled me closer to him. My head was against his chest. I could hear his heartbeat. It was as fast as mine. I could feel my face blushing. "Jane.."

I lifted my head to meet his sparkling brown eyes.

His expressions softened upon looking at my innocent face. He tucked a strand of hair behind my ear which made me blush even more. I bit my lip, trying to stop myself from giggling. "Will you be my girlfriend?"

"What?" I choked at his question.

"Will. You. Be. My. Girlfriend. Question mark." he repeated, emphasising on every word and punctuation.

I puffed my cheeks and looked down on the floor, trying to tame my happiness. "Look, you don't need to give me and answer now. I mean, I know we haven't met that long. But there's just something about you. Something that every other girl in the world lacks. I don't know why either but.. I like you. I was just hoping that maybe we could try it out."

I continued to keep quiet, listening to his every word.

"So.. I'll take the silence as a n-"

"YES!" I shouted a little too eagerly. Peniel was completely baffled. I put my arms around his neck and answered, "Yes as in I'll be your girlfriend, silly!"

We were about to have a celebratory kiss when two burly men shouted from afar, "THE LOCAL DUMP'S GONNA CLOSE IN 2 MINUTES. IF YOU KIDS DON'T GET OUT, YOU'LL HAVE TO STAY HERE OVERNIGHT."

Peniel grabbed my hand. Our fingers intertwined. "You heard him.. Let's go!"

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Higher!!" he demanded. I blew my fringe away in frustration as I pushed Peniel harder on the swing.

"I still don't get why you choose to confess to me at the local dump.." I complained. It has been a week since we became an item. Peniel and I got closer. I also got to know that Peniel really loves getting "cosy". When I'm cooking, he'd just whisper in my ear, giving me the shivers. Even when I'm just lying on the sofa, he'd pop outta nowhere and squeeze on the sofa with me. I'm not complaining. It's a nice feeling. I feel safe around Peniel. 

"Gosh, you're still thinking about it? Fine! I just wanted to be different from others. People confess at the beach and restaurants and school and work and gardens............. You get what I mean!" he said.

I stopped pushing and walked away. Peniel fell backwards and scrambled up.

"What's wrong?" he asked, trying to keep up with me.

"It's just that....... We've been together for a week.. But you haven't even brought me out on an actual date." I confessed. Clueless Peniel is clueless. "Isn't this a date?" he asked, referring to our time spent at the playground.

I rolled my eyes and stormed off.

"Isn't it?" he questioned himself.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It was late at night, Peniel sat on the sofa, thinking.

Suddenly, Uncle Jin tiptoed out of his room and tapped Peniel's shoulder. Peniel let out a ear piercing scream. "What on earth were you trying to do? Scare me to death?!"

"Shhhhhhhh. Jaein's sleeping.." Uncle Jin shushed him. He slammed a small book against Peniel's chest and uttered, "This book will help. Follow it and I assure you, things will be smooth sailing."

With that, he tiptoed back into the room.

Peniel looked at the book suspiciously and the lights so that he could read the title of the book. "Romance 101. Pffftttt.. I don't need this.." he chortled as he threw the book to a corner of magazines.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N; Sorry, I didn't update much. But I'm trying my best cause I'm balancing work as well. Heh. Anyway, I'm gg to SMTOWN this friday! Heeeeee~ Can't wait~ Annyeong!