Hotel

The Girl Who Cried Wolf.

Jane's POV.
I grabbed Peniel's waist and lied, "He's my boyfriend now, silly. Get up, there's no need for you to feel sorry.."

Minhyuk looked up, looking relieved, "Really?"

I looked to Peniel, grabbed his waist tightly, silently pleading him to play along.

"Yes, it's true." Peniel smiled. I heaved a small sigh of relief knowing that he understood, so I continued lying, "We met in prison, so technically I cheated on you first. You dont need to feel bad, I came to visit you to tell you this fact. I didn't know that you were married. I'm sorry for causing so much trouble!"

Minhyuk slowly stood up and took his child from Peniel's arms. He put on a worn out smile as he thanked me, "Thank you for telling me the truth. I feel less guilty now.. I.."

"Ah, minhyuk, your wife's looking for you. Don't keep her waiting!" I faked a smile as I pointed to his wife. I waved to Minhyuk as I signalled Peniel to leave. I walked away without turning back. I tried my best to hold back my tears, but they kept falling. Peniel held on to waist and said, "Let it all out, dont hold it back."

As we walked out, I laid my head on his shoulders. I was thankful to have him there, I couldn't have lied my way out if he wasn't there.

Peniel's POV.
As soon as we walked out, I asked, "Why'd you lie to him?"
She struggled with her words but she managed to say, "I know what it's like to have a broken family. I don't want to do that to them. The baby won't have a good life then. Instead of causing more pain, I want to leave before things get worse."

I stopped walking and turned her body towards me. My hands cupped her cheeks as my fingers wiped away her tears. Upon seeing her, I felt weak for a moment. I gave her a hug. She needed one.
I accompanied her by the hospital bench until she fell asleep. I didn't want her to catch a cold while sleeping there so I drove her to a nearby hotel.
I carried her into the hotel lobby and paid for the room while she was on my back. She was pretty light and easy to carry. I entered the room and shut the door immediately. 

"Ah, here you go.." I whispered as I attempted to place her on the bed slowly. However, she pulled me backwards and I ended up lying on the bed beside her. Her thighs were across mine as her fingers circled my chest area. She murmured in her sleep, "Mmm... Minhyuk oppa..."

I gulped, "I may be a man with desires, but I'm a gentleman after all. This won't do."
I slowly pushed her away from me, and ran into the toilet to wash my face. I turned the tap on and splashed water all over to wake myself up. I found myself blushing in the mirror. Just then, my phone rang.

"Hello?"
"Peniel, where are you?"
"Oh, noona. I'm out with a friend now." I answered.
"Well, come home! Appa wants you to!"
I groaned in anger, "I'm not going home, I'd rather stay at trash chute. Tell him not to wait up, I'm sleeping over at my friend's."

"But, y-", before she could say a thing, I hung up the call. I gave myself a minute to calm myself before thinking of where to go. I couldn't possibly go to a friend's place, my dad would just drag me back, just the way he did.
"I guess I'll just sleep here tonight.." I told myself. I went over to the bed, grabbed the pillow and headed back to the toilet. I fluffed the pillow onto the bathtub and laid there.
So many things happened today. It was quite an adventure. A meaningful one. I saw different sides of people and life. I looked out from the open toilet door to see Jane lying on the bed.
"Thank you, Jane." I smiled as I closed my eyes and drifted off to slumberland.