Chapter 23: Date 002

HottieSitting

Chapter 23: DATE 002

A/N: Jonghyun's turn now ¬~¬ and why does these chapters take so long, I need a bird to peck me and remind me to do it. I had ages to do it and I had planned it out and everything but yet still I complete 6 chapters after before this one.

 
 
This date was going to be different. He knew it was going to be from the very start, for one thing he knew when it was going to happen and the basics of it. It was a formal evening one, it was far different to the casual one on ice and full of trips, slips and falls. No, it was a nice simple meal. And somehow he felt a little disappointed, sure it was in one of the best restaurants around and sure it was nice but it just didn't really seem special or really Jonghyun infused. Jonghyun was full of character, good or bad and this date just seemed to lack that. It was just so generic.
 
Key adjusted his shirt collar and tie before pulling a face at himself in the mirror. He found that he almost always looked good and he looked good in a suit - but it was always a bit of fun to pull faces and look a little less perfect some times. Two minutes till take off. He checked himself over once more rocking on the balls of his heels. One more minute. Then there was a knock on the door, Jonghyun was early. By a minute... but he was still early. If it was Jonghyun but it should be. Who else could it be?
 
He opened the door to see a man in a suit but not the man in the suit that he was expecting, this man was an older gentleman and definitely not Jonghyun.
 
"Kim Kibum?" The man questioned, Key nodded lightly and the man smiled at this and stepped to the side with his arm outstreched. "Your carriage awaits sir." Key arched his brow at this before choking a little as he looked past the man at a horse and carriage with a sheepish Jonghyun in it. A literal carriage. That was different. How much did that COST! Were they made out of money or something? Minho had a whole ice skating rink and now Jonghyun was appearing in a carriage! He would have been delighted or felt like a prince(ss) or something if he did not think horses were hell-beasts. They were beautiful and all but he had a sneaking suspision they would kill him - overall the size and strength of them just freaked him out, he just did not trust them. 
 
"Key?" Jonghyun questioned breaking him out of the mini-staring competition he had found himself in with the horse drawing the carriage. "You coming?" Key nodded and with an untrustful eye joined Jonghyun in the carriage taking Jonghyun's hand when he had offered it, helping him in.
"It's only on the way to, didn't have enough for way back too." Jonghyun admitted sheepishly almost as if to strike some conversation and Key had never been more relieved than then. He gave a small smile.
"That's perfectly fine."

They had managed to make it to the restaurant before it rained which was a huge relief as the dark cast sky had warned them that they could get very wet soon considering how it was an open top carriage. He doubted the horse-driver or whatever they were called was going to make it out of the rain though, he hoped due to the other's age he would not get pneumonia. If he did he was pushing the blame towards Jonghyun as he did not plan that.

It was nice in the restaurant but Jonghyun was all fidgety like a child, he felt that Jonghyun would have been a lot more comfortable at a fast food place and that amused him lightly. Not in the mean way but an endearing sort of way. Key was beginning to think that Jonghyun had not been on too many dates before due to the stiffness and almost shyness Jonghyun had, that was sweet and all but he preferred the normal Jonghyun who was boisterous and a little too flirtatious than the trying-too-hard-to-be-a-good-date one. Currently Jonghyun was struggling with the amount of cutlery that he had, Key could tell that it was going to be a long night if Jonghyun was going to keep trying to be something that he was not.


It was a long night, one that just did not feel like them but rather that they were busy playing someone else. So Key decided enough was enough around twenty minutes in - of course by then they had already had a few drinks too many in a feeble attempt to lighten the awkward mood, if he was completely sober he wouldn't of suggested it. He was not completely drunk, not enough to be staggering or anything just enough to be a little more bold and probably idiotic. Judging by the slight flush on Jonghyun's cheeks, Jonghyun was in the same state.

So he suggested they made for the roof, he had no idea how they would get there or if it was even possible but Jonghyun had agreed any way looking quite pumped over the idea. With muffled laughter they had somehow managed to sneak into the kitchens, they weren't overly sure what good it'll do being there but they figured the kitchen would lead to more staff areas where the way up to the roof would be. In the mood they were they, they were even bold enough to steal some bread from a plate whilst the waiter's back was turned much to the waiter's surprise when he turned back again. They were almost caught then but somehow they managed to hold in their giggles long enough to get away undetected, they bumbled to the only other door they did not come in and escaped through that into a corridor which lead towards a cloak room one way and stairs going upwards another way. They went up and up and up. Finally they could not go any further, which was frustrating they just ended up at the top of the building - that was when they saw it. A ladder. It blended into the white walls being painted white itself, you would not have noticed it unless you were looking for it. Looking up there was a latch, it did not seem to be bolted or locked so they grinned stupidly at one another and began to climb the ladder, it was not locked so they found themselves on the roof. 

It was refreshing really the cool breeze after the stuffy restaurant which smelt too much of expensive perfume and a clash of different food to be properly pleasant. The night's air helped sober them up a little more and the atmosphere became more peaceful rather than them being a giggling mess. They sat beside eachother on the rooftop just gazing up at the sky, the stars were beginning to come out - well the few they could pick out due to the light pollution - they could see more clouds than stars but they found that was okay. They started making up what they could see in the clouds which got increasingly more awkward as they went along, it went from rabbits to ninja tortoises and got even more bizarre until Key swore that Jonghyun was just making this up now.

Key turned out to be correct when he said that quite a few clouds looked like rain. It drizzled for a bit before the heavens just let loose. Their suits were soaked through in seconds which made the jackets heavy, they couldn't bring themselves to care too much though - in fact they began to laugh and take their suit jackets off, maybe they were still a little bit tipsy after all.

"Do you hear it?" Jonghyun hummed lightly, Key sent the other a questioning look which Jonghyun replied to with a smile which showed all his teeth (or there abouts). "The music from downstairs, you can even hear from up here. Feel bad for those people's ear drums." Jonghyun stated. Once Key listened he found that he could hear it too, it was soft and you could only hear the basic tune and not the words even if you tried to pick it out but you could still hear it.

"So you can." Key mused, Jonghyun stood up then and with a florish offered the other his hand.

"Would you like to dance?" Jonghyun asked, Key did not really have to think before he took the other's hand. And so they dance awkwardly in the rain trying desperately not to slip over on the wet surface, they sort of slid about and stepped on eachother's toes mostly as they both at this kind of slow dancing that went with the music downstairs. They gave up on that in the end and ended up dancing wildly to no music in particular, just the music in their heads, just dancing because they could. It was fun and Key loved this a lot more than the stiff restaurant below.

At some point they skid and ended up on their backsides - they ended up laughing more - definitely not completely sober Key mused even if they were just drunk on eachother's company. At a later point once the laughter had stopped their eyes met and stayed transfixed on one another. And then they were snogging.

"Hey you two! What are you doing up here!"

And then they were kicked out. It was very almost perfect. What made it a lot less perfect was that the next day they both ended up with colds.