Chapter 18: Chicken Fever

HottieSitting

Chapter 18: Chicken Fever

A/N: Chapter 18, Only took since June 2012 to get here.... wait... really? Gawsh. My chapters aren't even that long. Guess why its called Chicken Fever~

 
Onew was spending less time and less time around Key each time that he babysat... he was always going out on these dates nowadays and with the same person so Key found it safe to assume that it was more serious then and they were likely to be a couple. Curiosity may have killed the cat but Key found that he really wanted to know who Onew was seeing and no one seemed to know. Not Minho, not Jonghyun, not Taemin and not even Heechul who Key asked just as Heechul seemed as nosey as he was and he deemed bound to know. He still didn't like Heechul though, Heechul was spending just as much time around as he was and he didn't want to be beaten at top spot by some newbie or by anybody for that matter.

But his curiosity to know whom Onew was dating was great enough to even ask Heechul, that was how great his urge to know was. He could always try asking Onew but the dubu didn't stick around long enough to ask, he was off on his dates. Key couldn't stand it, he just couldn't stand not knowing and he just had to know curiosity was eating at him and driving him crazy. Crazy enough to stalk Onew on one of his days off babysitting and education, he was just so curious. Sure he should have just asked Onew there but he was so hyped that doing such a thing was too easy therefore did not pass his mind. So he settled for following.

Thankfully following wasn't too much of a burden due to the fact Onew was walking to his destincation as there was simply no way that Key could keep up with a car or bike, he was just human after all. An extremely good looking human he would modestly admit, but still human. Well okay maybe he was not that modest but who can blame him for an ego when he had a frog and dino chasing after him and complimenting like hell, you would surely grow one too. Key kept ducking behind bushes and fences to avoid being seen by Onew but he needn't have bothered Onew was too busy getting to his destination and with his headphones in why would he even bother look around. It was not as if he had expected to get followed.

He entered a restaurant and Key slid in after him finding a table not too far from Onew's before covering his face with a menu so not to be spotted, he attempted to blend into the background convincing himself that he would leave as soon as he saw Onew's date as he had begun to feel somewhat silly now he had some time to think. Fortunately it didn't take much time until someone joined Onew at the table, there was brief almost sneaky kiss between the two confirming that it was indeed Onew's date. Key was just shocked overall.

First of all, he hadn't been overly convinced that Onew was going on proper dates with a person he had suspected more of a robbing chicken buffets or the such. Another thing was the fact all this while he expected Onew to go out with a certain kind of person, the good innocent type rather than the bad aura the other seemed to emit especially with the leather jacket. Also he had expected a GIRL. He had never actually expected Onew to be gay or going out with a guy so it was all rather shocking. That coupled with the fact the guy seemed a bad boy and rather masculine, if there was any guy Key expected Onew to date it would have been a feminine one at least, not some guy with abs and a killer jaw. It was a bit of a surprise indeed, he didn't know why but he just never figured Onew to be... he was not homophobic (he wouldn't have put up with the frog and dino if that was the case) but he hadn't expected Onew to be gay.

He couldn't think of any reasonable answers to explain his thoughts but... all this was just giving him a headache. He didn't see what the problem was but there was a problem to him. So he decided to escape but just couldn't think how not to attract Onew's attention as Onew was now facing in his direction as he sat opposite his date, if he was to move or put down the menu he could be caught out. Curses, just curses. He attempted to slide quietly from his postion and away from the seat to make his way to the door thinking that he could really learn to plan things out rather than just do which was one of his main flaws.

He shuffled from his seat, just a few more strides to the door and he would be free. Free to ponder. But then he heard it and his plans were ruined.

"Key! Fancy seeing you here." Curses, Onew had spotted him and called out for him. Key turned around and put on a smile as he looked at Onew, he felt so awkward especially seeing as Onew was waving at him energetically and his boyfriend was joining in, then Onew was calling him to join them and of course Key found it rude to deny Onew that so he ended up sitting at their table feeling rather embarrassed as Onew's boyfriend's eyes focused on him eying him up suspiciously. Key suddenly felt that he had done something wrong now as far as he could see Onew's boyfriend either didn't trust him or didn't like him.

"So  what are you doing here?" Onew asked looking at Key with his warm smile, Key always liked Onew's smile it made him feel safe and comfortable, it was the smile of a nice guy and it proved that Onew was indeed that. A nice guy.

"Studying in peace," Key said thankful he had brought his bag which he had yet to empty of his notes and books. Onew smiled further and Key began to wonder if his cheeks hurt from the smiling and smiling that much, was Onew made that happy by his boyfriend? Was he that happy to be around him? If so Key guessed he could be happy for Onew... he guessed. It still felt wrong to him though.

"Us too." Onew stated, that smile never fading once and Onew's boyfriend blinked for a moment before looking at him. Key was a bit confused too, he had swore that this was a date... why would Onew say otherwise? Come on Key had saw them kiss  how could it not be a date besides Onew's boyfriend had looked surprised so surely he had thought it was a date like Key did.

"Well are you going to introduce us, KiKi?" Onew's boyfriend purred into Onew's ears causing Onew to flush a little, but whether it was the proximity or the nickname Key wasn't sure. It could have easily been both for all he knew. Onew feeling slightly flustered now gestured towards Key.

"He's my friend, Key." Onew said, Key smiled due to Onew calling him a friend. Friends, that sounded so nice and warm. "And Key this is my schoolmate Lee Joon." Onew said, again the term schoolmate shocked Key. He had thought they were boyfriends... why would they kiss otherwise unless this Joon guy kisses everyone he meets but he doubted it as Joon again had a look of shock and hurt flash across his eyes before he smiled and offered Key his hand.

"Nice to meet you Key." He stated and Key took his hand politely shaking it. His grip was tight and for a moment Key thought Joon would crush his hand before he let go, so Key guessed his words were just a front. He wasn't finding their meeting 'nice', what was up with him? Was it Onew denying him or something? "Eat with us?" Key was surprised at Joon's offer but Onew looked pleased at the thought.

"Shall I order for you yeobo?" Joon whispered loudly into Onew's ear showing that he meant for people to hear. Onew flushed a little before smiling awkwardly at Key, Key was more confused now wondering what games the other two were playing... were they boyfriends or not? Onew nodded and rested his hand over the other's.

"Well you already know what I want so well you may as well." Onew stated, Key snorted a little, it was hard not to guess what Onew would order. Probably anything with chicken then Onew was happy.

"Let me guess, chicken." Key stated with grin, Joon froze a second and sent a light not that obvious glare at Key. Key felt that he should had rejected Onew's offer to join them, he felt as if he was caught between the 'couple' and it was jolly uncomfortable.