Chapter 16: Change

HottieSitting

It had changed since Key had last been there, it had been a while admittedly nearing a month or at least coming along four weeks which was practically a month. They had simply not needed a babysitter and thus Key had not babysat. For that family anyway, he had other kids to take care of and those who were not merely with the mental state of an infant but actually infants. He also had studies to consider having not wished to remain a babysitter for all of his life. So all of which explained why not he had seen them recently, one of the facts may be that perhaps maybe they were getting a little too old for babysitters at least gaining enough maturity. Tonight however was a special occasion and the parents called Key in to look after their children. And now he was finding that it had changed.

For one thing he was greeted with quite a sight Heechul, whom he had not expected to see again, was there and straddling one of the people he was supposed to be babysitting. He found it unwelcome although he was not quite sure why. Perhaps it was a protective instinct which had miraculously grown in whilst stuck with these morons whilst babysitting. Maybe just the fact that it was Heechul, who he wasn’t keen and wasn’t being paid enough to put up with him as well. Either way he did not like the sight at all.

“What’s going on here?” Key asked hands on his hips as he raised an eyebrow at the sight before him, what urked him further was Heechul’s reaction. One of indifference, Heechul merely turned and looked at the other unflustered and unbothered.

“What?” Heechul answered in a bored tone as if he was doing nothing wrong, patting lightly the chest of the now embarrassed Jonghyun as if he had no care in the world. “We are merely bonding you know, no need to get your in a twist, hon.” Heechul smirked looking over at Key who’s bottom lip seemed to be swallowed  up by the upper lip at this statement, clearly such a statement was not overly pleasing to his tastes. To make it worst still was the fact that coupled with Heechul’s smug grin/smirk which irritated Key profoundly, and just Jonghyun’s look of awkwardness. It made the silence’s awkwardness triple if not more. Thankfully however the silence was broken by the arrival of Taemin who had practically skipped in happily to greet Key upon hearing of his appearance. But like Key he too stopped to gaze upon Heechul and Jonghyun in surprise and something akin to curiosity.

“I thought you two didn’t like each other.” Taemin questioned with a blank expression gracing his facial features as his head tilting in confusion as looked upon them. 

"Well that was before I found out all our similarities and learnt we could get along." Heechul declared with a grin plastered upon his face as he looked at his younger brother before kissing a shy puppy's cheeks. Jonghyun’s look was one of guilt and embarrassment. Key almost felt betrayed by Jonghyun after all he had been the that Jonghyun sought and now Heechul came along... and it wasn’t just that he felt like he had been replaced in general... with that damn Heechul. Taemin blinked not getting how that would change so quickly.

"Oh like what?" He questioned blankly whilst Key was inwardly fuming. If this was a certain he would have red ticks over his head or steam coming out of his ears akerting everyone of his mood. Key just found he clashed with Heechul majorly even if all the other did was straddle Jonghyun and being with too much skinship in general. It was irritating Key for a reason. Perhaps it was the feeling of replacement again, that he was no longer quite needed. The number of hours with the family was decreasing as well. It was all rather sad, he didn't like not being needed. So caught in his thoughts he hardly heard Heechul's answer. Was rather quite ridiculous in Key's opinion.

"We share the same blood type, therefore he cannot be that bad. Anyone with my blood type must be as amazing as moi! We're a match!" Heechul declared with a triumphant grin, poking Jonghyun's nose as the puppy grumbled and his brain kicked into enough motion for him to attempt to remove Heechul from his person.

"Key? Are you alright... you seem rather lost." Came the voice of Onew whom Key hadn't noticed the arrival of which caused him to jump somewhat. Looking upon Onew he noticed two major changes, the change in wardrobe and the change in hair colour. All in all Onew looked rather smart... rather than his general goofy appearance. What had changed?

"Well... Key I hope you do not mind but I have a date... and I am now deemed to be able to look after myself." Onew began and Key just felt dread, he had already lost one now. He was feeling that soon he would lose the other three and the people who had brightened up his days would no longer be there to do so, because he had to admit looking after this lot was what made his days exciting and he actually looked forward to it.

"A date?" Key blinked looking at the other chewing on his lip. "With who?" He asked taking the other's hand as he connected their eyesight. Onew froze a little as their eyes connected his cheeks heating up a little because it all felt somewhat imitate especially with Key's hands holding on his. In fact it was making him feel slightly shy and nervous.

"Umm... just a classmate of mine..." Onew stammered embarrassed diverting his eyes from Key's beautiful feline ones. Wait what was that thought? Stupid, stupid brain Onew scolded it in his head thinking he was spending too much time listening to Minho and Jonghyun's childish fights over Key.

"Well... be careful." Key said slowly before hugging Onew tightly as the rest of the room just blinked in surprise at the sight. For one thing Key wasn't really the giver of hugs that much nor was he normally this subdued... it almost felt like it was a moment they shouldn't be seeing.

"Hey blood buddy... is there something going on with those two?" Heechul blinked poking Jonghyun's cheeks.