Chapter 8: Sudden Shyness

HottieSitting
A/N: Sorry for not updating in ages, TT^TT I'm a bad person

 

Key found it odd, Jonghyun was no longer his loud flirtatious self today instead he was acting shy and flustered around him and for some odd reason he missed the old Jonghyun. Even if the old Jonghyun was annoying and he wanted to hit him more than half the time... he still sort of missed that. It was better than this. But for some reason no seemed bothered by it aside from him and of course Taemin, in fact everyone else was rejoicing. Minho and Onew were cheering that they had peace and quiet for once.

Their parents even seemed joyous over it. It was quiet without Jonghyun talking or rather blabbering away but... it was too quiet. It almost freaked him out so he was going to do something about it.

So he decided that he was going to question Jonghyun about it and get him back to his usual self.

He decided to do so by cornering Jonghyun in his room; however Jonghyun immediately attempted to leave at the sight of Key. Key was far too quick for him though, and locked the door before Jonghyun could leave as he had planned. Jonghyun gave him a look.

"Give me the key." He said tiredly, Key smiled at him sweetly before putting the key down his trousers.

"If you really want them, come and get them then." Key said, Jonghyun’s eyes widened slightly as his eyes darted to where key had put the door key. He then blushed slightly, causing to Key to frown as this behaviour was beyond weird for Jonghyun.

He never blushed like that before at his own crude jokes or when ether he checked Key out which he had done many numerous times before.

“Tell me what’s wrong.” Key said, Jonghyun looked at him before stammering slightly.

“N-N-Nothing’s wrong…” Jonghyun said, his stammering revealing otherwise, Key frowned deeper. He definitely knew something was wrong now.

"Jonghyun, please tell me why you have been acting weirdly recently. I'm worried about you." Key said softly. Jonghyun's eyes widened and he stared in shock at Key. Key worried about him?

He could almost not believe it, only Taemin truly seemed to worry about him but Taemin was just soft-hearted and he worried about everyone. So his worrying was less significant than Key's.

For Key, someone who was practically a stranger, to say that he worried and thus cared. It meant a lot to him. It hit deeper than Taemin's... or maybe it was because it was Key who said it rather than anyone else.

But just could not believe it.

"R-Really?" He stuttered surprised, not wanting this to be a dream. Key nodded.

"Now tell me so I can help you." Key actually seemed so sincere about it that Jonghyun was truly touched so he revealed a bit about himself that few people had seen before.

He showed him his sensitive side by starting to cry, the only person in the household who had seen it had been Taemin, Taemin had mopped him up and comforted him and that was the main reason they were as close as they were.

Key was shocked by the sudden burst of tears but he just held him tightly, speaking soothing words to him and rocking him back and forth.

Jonghyun felt comforted and then he realised that maybe with Key, he more than just lust. Maybe this was a crush... if so then Key was his first crush. To be honest Key had seemed more special to him from the start...

He knew now that there was no way he was going to let that giant frog win over Key.