Chapter 9: Minho steps up the game

HottieSitting

A/N: Sorry for not updating but for this story I have no inspiration for this story so any ideas are welcomed

Chapter 9: Minho steps up the game

Minho noticed a sudden closeness in Jonghyun and Key, he didn't like it. Not one bit. His rival Jonghyun was closer to the goal than he was. It was made worst when his relationship with Key was not improving in fact at the very moment he seemed to be the one who had the weakest relationship with Key. Even Onew was closer to Key than he.

So he was going to step up his game.

Plan One: Flowers.

Minho looked at the bouquet in his hands, roses. Surely Key would love them, everyone liked roses as it was a symbol of romance. There was twelve of them, twelve often meaning a full circle. Twelve months in a year, twelves hours on the clock. Requited love was the meaning of dozen red roses. He hoped that was the case.

He smiled dazzling at as the door of Key's room opened and he held the roses outwards. "For you." Minho said looking down at the ground, mildly embarrassed.

"Well these are lovely... but although we're not related by blood, we're still brothers by law so its pretty much ." A voice answered as the bouquet was taken from his hands, Minho's eyes widened and his eyes darted upwards to stare at Taemin in shock.

"I-I-I..." Minho managed to stammer out still staring at Taemin with wide eyes making him look even more frog-like. Taemin looked over the flowers with a gentle smile. 

"They're really nice hyung. Key would love them." Minho spluttered, so Taemin did know that they were meant for Key. "But he has hay fever. So its best to give them to umma."

One plan ruined.

Plan Two: Poem

'Roses are red, Violets are blue,

fancy a as I'd love to do you'

Minho frowned lightly at the poem he wrote, was this all he could come up with from sitting with a pencil and paper for over an hour? It did not have the right romantic feel he was going for in the first place, he wished he was better at poetry. Onew looked curiously at the younger as he entered the room, Minho hadn't moved from the spot he had left him at.

"Are you okay?" Onew asked gently, placing a gentle hand on the others' shoulders making the younger jump in shock and quickly attempt to hide his poem but Onew was too quick for him and he read it raising an eyebrow at the other.

"I think Key would prefer something less crude." Onew said simply, Minho felt his cheeks blush a bright red and scrunched the poem up before throwing it into the waste basket. 

Second plan in the waste basket.

Plan Three: Meal

Minho shrieked as his hand was burnt on the saucepan, so much for cooking a meal. Onew and Taemin exchanged a look. It was about Key. Again. This time they were going to help the poor delusional frog. Taemin pulled Minho from the stove and Onew was quick to take over whist Taemin began running Minho's burn under the cold tap to soothe it.

"Let us help you."

And so they did, Minho smiled softly at their help and especially when they wished him luck before leaving as Key entered the room greeted with the scent of freshly cooked meal. Key raised an impressed eyebrow and before looking at Minho in disbelief.

"What is this?" Key questioned, Minho just smiled.

"A home-cooked meal for two." Minho answered with a relieved smile that for once his plan was going well. Key lifted a fork and tried a bit of a meal and gave a surprised laugh.

"Its good! Did you cook this?" Key questioned trying more of it, Minho looked towards the door to see Onew giving an encouraging nod. Minho nodded at Key who smiled impressed.

"You should cook for me more often then." Key chuckled pecking a blushing Minho's cheek.

Mission success.