Chapter 15: Brotherhood

HottieSitting

"Er... hey?" Key murmured awkwardly going red in embarrassment, both Jonghyun and Minho seemed ready to cry or such clinging onto eachother out of the horror of the sight. They were shocked and 'heart-broken' but they weren't the only one shocked. Heechul was blinking in surprise looking at Taemin.

"Taemin?" He said in shock, Taemin froze softly and looked at Heechul with wide eyes.

"Heechul..."

 

"Eh? You know eachother!" Was the cry of surprise given. Well that was truly a twist of events, it wasn't one to be expected, Taemin knowing some random guy making out with their babysitter especially considering none of the others knew him. Minho being the one with the closest age with Taemin had been with the other throughout school and thus couldn't understand how they knew eachother if not from school.

"I... I thought you went to China..." Taemin murmured, Heechul winced lightly and diverted his eyes away from the younger. Although it had seemed like a good idea at the time to him he would rather not remember it especially the leaving Taemin behind part. Heechul looked at Taemin with softened eyes and he cupped Taemin's chin in his hand bringing Taemin's face closer to his own.

"I should have never left you..." Heechul whispered. 

"EH!"

And was the lead up to the conversation in the living room, Key was absent after all Key wasn't there all the time just when the parents wanted him. Besides this was a family matter and Key (although Jonghyun and Minho may have wished him to enter the family later on prefferably by marriage) wasn't family.

Heechul was sitting opposite Mr and Mrs Choi, his expressions showing sombreness and his posture was stifff and tensed. His posture was mirrored across the room by the parents and their sons. This wasn't just some easy matter after all. In fact it was a quite heavy matter and most of them were finding it hard to believe the facts that was being drummed into their heads by Taemin and Heechul, it just didn't seem possible.

"But... how... you two are completely different..." Jonghyun stammered out looking between the two men, though he had to admit when they sat together as they had earlier it did make the facts seem more reliable but it was their personalities. They clashed, Taemin was innocent and rather sweet as a whole but Heechul... he was decidedly corrupt and after all he had kissed Key which again proved how uninnocent he was. Sweet didn't seem to match him.

"Yeah I'm a a lot, but that doesn't mean thats all what defines me. Its like looking at Taemin and only seeing him as a pretty boy when actually he isn't just that, he's a dancer at heart not to mention how he plays on whats expected of him." Heechul stated with a tone showing agitateness and annoyance at Jonghyun. Taemin blinked and looked at Heechul with flushed cheeks, it made him feel warm inside considering how much the other remembered about him despite it being so long seen they last seen one another.

Slowly Taemin reached out his hand towards the other, Heechul blinked in surprise before smiling and taking the hand in his giving it a soft squeeze. Perhaps maybe, all wasn't lost after all and they had hope for rekindling their relationship.

Jonghyun hissed lightly at the sight, out of all of them he was finding this the hardest after all he had always thought himself and Taemin were close enough to be two peas in a pod. His fingers clenched into fists around the material of his jeans with his jaw set tightly willing himself to remain calm and not burst into anger in front of them all. But Heechul just made him feel annoyed, first by kissing Key and now by stealing his best friend which was Taemin.

Onew and Minho seemed to accepting it quite regularly, sure they were close and protective of the little mite nor did they particually like Heechul. Minho disliked Heechul purely for kissing his Key. But they didn't feel as betrayed as Jonghyun apparently did considering Taemin had never mentioned Heechul before. Speaking of Heechul, when Heechul kissed Taemin's forehead it was Jonghyun's breaking point.

He stood up shaking lightly and pointed accusingly at Heechul "How come you never told me about this guy!" Jonghyun cried out looking at Taemin with hurt eyes, after all they both had always formed a team such as being the special effects crew and playing pranks. They had always told eachother pretty much everything since they had bonded when they first became brothers, Jonghyun had even admitted his (blanant) crush on Key to Taemin but yet the other held this key information from him... how could he?

Taemin tensed up in shock at Jonghyun's outburst looking at the other in surprise, he hadn't expected Jonghyun to react quite like this though he guess considering how Jonghyun had shown complete confidence in him when telling secrets including about his family before he had been put in the orphanage and adopted. No wonder he was so upset Taemin figured. But Heechul didn't see it that way.

"He has a right to kept things to himself." Heechul hissed also standing up and facing the other, before either of them could really get into a fight Taemin stood up and took a deep breath as he got inbetween the two hoping to stop whatever fight they were getting into. He didn't want to upset anyone because of this.

"Thank you Heechul hyung... but Jonghyun has a point. We had promised never to keep anything a secret but you're a pretty big secret..." Taemin said looking at the eldest of them three before looking at Jonghyun with apologectic eyes and hugging the dino tightly. Jonghyun tensing at the hug before slowly melting and hugging the other back.

"I'm sorry Jjongie hyung... I should have told you but even though Heechul's my brother by blood we're still brothers by heart." Taemin murmured, his words slowly helping to heal some of the insecurity placed in by Heechul's presence. They were still brothers in Taemin's head and that was one major relief for Jonghyun as he felt he wasn't loosing Taemin after all.

"But we are related by blood." Heechul agreed looking at Mr and Mrs Choi. "So I believe Taemin should be under my supervision and guardian care, I thank you for raising him well however I believe it would be best to give him the oppunity to live with his own flesh and blood as well as live in our family home." Heechul stated decidedly, sounding firm in his idea.

A silence settled over the room and most of the people were caught in a moment of shock. Any cracks of Jonghyun that had been healed by Taemin's words were injured again, Heechul was going to take his dongsaeng away. His precious dongsaeng, Heechul was trying to take him away.

"I-I..." Mrs Choi stammered out faltering in shock. Taemin to her was just as high a value as Minho who was her biological son, in fact all of her boys to her were just that. Her boys and she loved them all equally, just imagining losing Taemin like that in order for Taemin to be with his real brother. It hurt, and it hurt bad, she didn't want to let him go. But she loved him enough to suffer for Taemin's happiness so she would give him the decision what to do.

Mr Choi looked at his wife and squeezed her hand, his thoughts travelling in a similar line to hers. He didn't want to let Taemin go either but it wasn't their decision it was Taemin's. "I'm sorry Heechul-ssi but this decision isn't ours. Its Taemin's life." Mr Choi said chewing on his lip lightly as he looked back at Heechul.

"No." Attention was brought to the dubu, although he was generally seen as soft and easy going his face was stern now giving him a rather different appearance. He crossed his arms over his chest biting lightly on his lip as he looked at them all with serious eyes. "This is his family, we're just as much his brothers as you are his. In fact possibly more so as we've been here for him all these years whilst you've been all over the world." Onew said firmly and in a cold tone. Both Jonghyun and Minho nodded in agreement, some of the few things they agreed on recently.

"If you wanted him that much you would have searched for him." Minho stated looking at Heechul with scurtinizing eyes as border-lined glared at the man.

"We won't let you leave with our brother when you left him before when you got adopted by a Chinese family. If you loved him so much why allow them to seperate you!" Jonghyun growled lightly he wasn't as good as remaining as calm as the others, being calm just wasn't in his nature he was a do first think later person and ran on his emotions. Tears were b in his eyes from pure emotion.

Throughout it all the three of them had formed a sort of wall around Taemin blocking him off from Heechul. They weren't going to let him go.

"But what about I want..." Taemin stated looking at their backs. And it all fell silent again, everyone looking at him expectantly.

"What do you want?" Heechul questioned, Taemin gulped and looked down at his feet.

"I'm sorry Hyung but... they're my family... this is my home. I would love to visit you and stay over occasionally but not full time." Taemin said slowly before breaking the wall in order to hug Heechul tightly. "I love you hyung but..."

"But... they're just as much your family as I." Heechul finished off before sighing, it was hard for him to give in to admit he was being wrong or selfish but there was sometimes you just had to. And this was one of them. "I understand Taeminnie... but my house and my arms are always open to you..."

"So we'll still see eachother and catch up on old times?" Taemin asked with bright eyes.

"We'll see eachother a lot especially if your hot babysitter is around, I wouldn't mind getting locked in a closet with him."

"Imma gunna kill ya!"

"Ahh! Get this rapid dino away from me!"