Chapter 7

Incidental Love

It was 8 in the morning and the bright shining sun began to shine in through the large windows of the enormous room. Tiffany slowly stretched her arms and legs on the king sized bed. ‘How did I get here? This doesn’t look like my room, am I dreaming?’ Tiffany rubbed her eyes to check if she was really dreaming, but this definitely was no dream. And in the midst of rubbing her eyes she was startled to see a guy’s face next to hers. She carefully scanned his face. She noticed that throughout the night the roots of his mustache grew, and his messy bed hair made him better looking somehow.

“I know that I’m good looking, but do you really have to keep starring?” Tiffany was startled by his sudden words.

“I wasn’t… staring…” She stuttered. “I was just… thinking of why am I on this bed next to you? I clearly remember reading a book last night, on the couch.” She told him.

“I carried your heavy body over here. I don’t my mom saying that I’m not taking care of you properly, afterall we are a fake couple.” He finally managed to open his eyes as he was in mist of blocking the sun out of the way.

“Don’t you have a meeting this morning? Go and get ready.” Tiffany told him as she also got out of bed.

“After one night, and you’re already acting like a wife…” He mumbled before getting up and out of his bed.

But somehow these actions of hers made him feel warm inside. There was not a single person other than his Mom that could give him this warm feeling.

As Siwon was getting ready for work, Tiffany walked down the stairs to take a look around. She still hadn’t had a chance to walk around the place, to get to know where everyone and everything is.

“Oh Tiffany, come and have breakfast.” Mrs. Choi called for her, as soon as she saw her lovely daughter-in-law.

“Did you have a good sleep, Mrs. Choi?” Tiffany asked as she sat in an empty chair around the dining table.

“It’s Mom, remember? And yes, I had a very nice sleep last night.” She sweetly smiled.

“Ah yes, sorry Mom.” Tiffany quickly apologized. She still wasn’t quite used to it.

“Tiffany, I would like to introduce to you our long time maids Sophia, Annie, Abby, and Ally. They have been working here ever since Siwon was born.” Mrs. Choi introduced the four house maids that looked to be about in their 50’s.

“It’s nice to meet you all.” Tiffany gave a warm smile to each one of them.

“Sophia, bring me my breakfast.” Siwon ordered the maid has he entered the room.

“Yah, be more polite to them.” Tiffany hissed at his bossy behavior.

Siwon didn’t say anything. All he did was read the papers in front of him.

“Siwon, where is your tie? Don’t you have the big monthly meeting today?” His Mom asked.

“I couldn’t find it. The maids must have moved it when they were clearing my things for my lovely wife over here.” Siwon gave Tiffany his annoyed looked.

“I think I saw it somewhere in the room. I’ll go and find it.” Tiffany quickly walked up the stairs.

“I’m glad that you are able to find such a lovely lady to be your wife. I just hope that you won’t scare her away. It’s hard to find a lady as pure and innocent as her these days. Please treat her nicer.” His Mom nagged.

‘Pure? Innocent? She gets paid for this… of course she’ll bring all of her acting skills to the table.’ He thought to himself. “I have my ways Mom, just let me be.” He replied.

“I found it.” Tiffany quickly rushed back to the table and handed it to him,

“Oh , I only have 10 minutes left. Sophia! Where is my food?” He yelled to the kitchen.

Siwon was fidgeting with his tie as he never had luck with one of them.

“Oh my god, how can you be a CEO when you can’t even put on a tie?” Tiffany quickly got annoyed and snatched it out of his hands. “Let me do it.”

She quickly pulled him up from his seat and wrapped the tie around his neck.

“See this is what a wife is for.” Siwon couldn’t help but to secretly smile sweetly to her, as she was completely absorbed in helping him complete the thing he just couldn’t manage to get done by himself.

“Done.” She lightly patted him on his shoulders and smiled at her masterpiece. “Oh no, there’s not enough time. Here, have mine and drink this.” She quickly handed him her plate of food and milk.

Within seconds he gulped down the food and milk. “Bye.” He waved to Tiffany and his Mom, and then without thinking he unconsciously turned and gave Tiffany a kiss on her cheeks… with his mouth full of food. And even with all the food in his mouth his infamous smirk was absolutely noticable.

“EWWW… THAT IS SO GROSS SIWON CHOI!” She screamed as he rushed out the doors.

After eating breakfast and some bonding time with Mrs. Choi. Tiffany had nothing else better to do. She was stuck in the huge house with nothing to do. She had no cell phone, no friends, and nowhere to go. What else is there for her to do? She sat in her room looking around at Siwon’s things. She then remembered that his closet was a mess so she decided to organize it.

She put his suits neatly in one section, his t-shirts in another section. She folds up his jeans neatly and placed them on the shelf under his t-shirts. His pajamas and underwear were also put nicely into respective drawers. Then lastly she puts his few ties hanging neatly next to his suits.

In the midst of her organizing his closet a maid comes in with newly folded clothes.

“Miss Tiffany? What are you doing in here?” the one of the maids asked.

She giggled and then smiled sweetly to the old maid. “I was just bored, so I thought that I’d clean up the place.”

“You should have called us to do it.”

“I was bored. And you are… Ally right?” She still needed some time to differentiate from the four maids as they all looked so similar to each other.

“Yes Mam, I’m Ally. It’s a pleasure to meet you.” She smiled and offered her a handshake. But Tiffany just stood up and directly gave her a big teddy bear hug.

“I never had such a warm hug in a while.” Tiffany smiled sweetly to the old lady.

Just then another maid walked in. “Miss Tiffany, Master is on the phone. He says he wants to talk to you.”

“Okay, thank you.” She quickly ran over to the phone. There was a strange feeling inside her. She started to miss his annoying cold voice when he wasn’t around. “What do you want?” She also acted annoyed and cold towards him.

“Hey Wife, how is it without me by your side? Did my mom start to nag you yet?” He began.

“No, I’m fine. Life without you can’t get any better.” She unknowingly started to look at the picture of him that was on his desk.

“I know you that you miss me.” He seductively let out.

“What? Are you just calling to tease me?” Tiffany was starting to get annoyed.

“Of course not, I’m a busy business person you know… I just wanted to tell you that I left you something on the bedside table. Use it to your full advantage.” He quickly hung up the phone, leaving Tiffany clueless to what he was saying.

She quickly ran over to the bed seeing a box next to it. She quickly opened it and saw a brand new cell phone and a credit card with her name on it as well as a sticky note stuck on it saying ‘UNLIMITED’.

In just seconds a beep came from the phone which indicated that there was a text. Tiffany quickly looked to see who would have known the number to this phone. Finally she read Husband on the contact column of the text, and under it read ‘Like it? I chose it personally for you, and I already set my number in it for free. :) To my lovely Wife.’ After reading the message she unknowingly smiled to his ‘sweet’ message. It was the first time she received something like that. All she gets from time to time were things that her dad picked up on the streets.

Siwon was in his office busy looking over documents and files, but yet he felt a strange power that let him continuing his work faster than usual. After calling and texting Tiffany, he unknowingly had a smile on his face although he was tired of looking through piles and piles of papers and emails.

“What’s with the smile?” A familiar voice came in.

“Smile? What smile?” Siwon was clueless to what he was hearing.

“The one on your face.” The guy came and sat down on the chair in front of Siwon’s desk.

“I’m not smiling?” Siwon tried to keep on a straight face.

“You can’t fool me. I’ve known you since I was 5.” The guy raised his feet and put it on top of Siwon’s desk while leaning back on the chair.

“Yah, Donghae Lee, get your dirty shoes off of my desk.” Siwon raged.

“Want to go to the club tonight?” Donghae asked.

“No, my mom wants me to get home for dinner.” Siwon lied. He wanted to get home to Tiffany.

“When do you ever pass up hot girls for your Mom?”

“I don’t ever recall ever seeing hot girls when I get there.” Siwon told him.

“You’re coming whether you like it or not.” Donghae stood up and grabbed Siwon’s car keys. “I’ll wait for you in the parking lot.” He dangled the keys in front of Siwon while turning around to walk out of the place.

After a long day at work, it was finally time to call it an end. The only problem now is how to get his keys back from Donghae. When he got to the parking lot, he saw Donghae sitting in the driver’s seat of his car.

“Get in, I’m driving.” Was the first thing he heard from his friend.

There was no turning back now. The only way was just to get there and stay for a bit and escape.

“Tiffany dear, you should eat. Who knows when Siwon will get home? He could be caught up in his work.” Mrs. Choi told her.

“No, it’s fine. You guys eat first. I’m not that hungry anyways. I want to wait.” Tiffany insisted.

“Just don’t starve yourself, alright?” Mr. Choi told her.

“Okay, Dad.” Although all these years to help save a bit more money for her dad, she was used to starving herself. She could definitely feel the love that Mr. and Mrs. Choi were giving her.

“Donghae, I should get going now.” Siwon informed his friend.

“You just got here dude, you have to at least get a drink.” Donghae insisted.

“One drink.” But one drink lead to another and some more. In the end he ended up with a girl in his arms.

“Here drink some more.” The girl handed a drink to him, but at that moment Siwon’s phone rang.

“Hello?” He answered.

“Where are you? Tiffany has been waiting for you all night.” Mrs. Choi told him.

“Oh , I’ll be right there.” Siwon shook out of his almost drunken state and quickly escaped the place.

By the time Siwon got home it was already 1 in the middle of the night. All lights in the house were already off.

“Why are you so late? Do you not know that you have a wife waiting for you now?” Siwon was startled by the sudden voice that appeared in the dark. Soon he realized that it was his mom.

“I was uhh…. stuck at work.” He lied. He didn’t know why, but he felt guilty for leaving her all alone at home and not even giving her a call. After all she wasn’t really his wife. Just because they signed the papers, it was all just done with a contract behind it.

“Lying doesn’t work, you stink of alcohol. Did you know that Tiffany waited to have dinner with you? She still hasn’t eaten yet. I’m worried for her health. She’s so skinny and she’s not eating properly.” His Mom told him.

“Okay, I got it.” His head started to get heavy. It was probably the alcohol getting to him.

As he made his way back up to his room, he noticed that the lights were still on.

The moment he got in the room, he noticed the same position that Tiffany was in yesterday. She was lying on the couch again, but this time she had her phone tightly held in her hands.

He too carried her to the bed again, and he too couldn’t help it but kiss her soft pink lips.

But this time he seemed to have woken her up from her sleep.

“You’re back?” She opened her eyes while his face was only an inch away. “Why do you smell like alcohol?” she asked.

“Shhh…” he shushed her with his lips. The small amount of alcohol had gotten to him.