Chapter 11

Incidental Love

“SOMEONE HELP!” loud screams appear within the cold loud doorways of the emergency room. She was lying in his arms lighter than the last time he had held her. “Tiffany, hang in there.” He positioned her onto the long hospital bed that he dreaded to see before his eyes. Seeing the one he loved being pushed in behind the thin green curtains. His heart ached of throbbing pain. These two weeks of his life were the happiest, but at the same time it was the greatest pain.

A while after Tiffany was rushed out by nurses and doctors pushing her to an unknown place. “Where are you bringing her?” he caught on to one of the Doctors arm.

“We need to do surgery on her immediately she is critical condition at the moment, please just sit here and wait.” He was pushed to the side as the Doctor rushed to proceed with the surgery.

His parents were out of the country for business at the moment. He had no one else to turn to. All he could do at the moment was prey. Prey that nothing would happen to his beloved.

1 hour, 2 hours, 3 hours, has past and none had come out from the operation room. Anxiously he waits for her to peacefully come out of the dreadful place. Sitting on the hard cold chair in front of the operation room for another 3 full hours, he sees the light to the operation room off indicating that it was finally over.

The Doctor in charge comes out to tell him the details, and that this is her critical 24 hours. If she doesn’t wake up, then we may not be able to predict what will happen next. “Thank you.” That lifeless voice speaks.

Almost lifeless lying on the hospital bed with wires and monitors around to watch her condition, he sits next to her in the intensive care unit holding onto her cold strength-less hand. “I beg you, please don’t leave me.” His shivering lips pressed against her hand. Tears quiver up inside his eyes watching her battle for her life on the hospital bed.