Chapter 10

Incidental Love

After what had happened that night, it had been 10 days. Tiffany had been avoiding him ever since. She didn’t eat as the doctor directed, she did take her meds, all she did was just sit on the patio outside her room all day watching the sun set, and when it set she’d watch the stars shine. She waited until he’d fall asleep, then she’d go lie on the couch. She hoped that keeping the distance from him, it would allow him to think things through about that day, about his words, and about his actions.

He on the other hand was trying his best to do get her to eat her food, and tried his best to make her happy. But none worked, she stood strong on her side stepping back every step he took closer. He thought that maybe it was because he scared her by being too straightforward on his words and actions.

Like any other day Tiffany was sitting outside on the patio again, curled up in a little ball with her knees tucked in tightly under her chin. Her eyes shut tight together, and her eyebrows scrunched up recalling on a memory on one particular day 5 years ago.

*Flashback*

“GO AWAY!” She screeched as she tried to push away the angry people in front of her, but it didn’t work, they were too strong.

“Your dad still hasn’t paid back this month’s loan.” They pushed her further into the dark alley until they reached a blockage at the end. “You should help him pay it back.” One of the guys smirked.

“GET AWAY!” She yelled even louder hoping that someone could save her.

“I’m afraid that no one can hear you.” His eyes ran a quick scan upon her body. “Boys, block the place up.” He ordered.

“HELP! SAVE ME! GO AWAY! NO, PLEASE I’LL TELL MY DAD TO PAY YOU BACK.” She tried everything she could to stop the guy. And before she knew it she left was lying on the cold cement floor of the dark alley alone with her clothes ripped in every way. She had no strength to stand up on her own. All she could do was sit in the corner curled up crying into her knees. She did not know why she lived her life that way, running and hiding. But this time she was caught by them.

After that night, she did not tell anyone of what had happened, not even her Dad. She hid it deep, deep in her mind, constantly telling her mental self to forget of what had happened that night. She knew that she still had to stay strong for her Father. After her Mom had passed away nothing in her life had gone the right way.

*End of Flashback*

And when she was just had finally forgotten about it, and things start to make the right turns. The one thing that she never thought would happen happened. And that is love.

Ever since that night when Siwon had told her that he loved her. She didn’t know how to react to him. She didn’t know how to tell him, tell him about her ugly past, a past that will haunt her forever.

Those dirty images keep replaying in her mind over and over again. Why is it that after years of suffering and when finally she has the chance to step out of the suffering, she still isn’t able to grab on to the happiness in front of her.

Unknowingly her hard tears start to run again. Just then at that moment her phone next to her starts ringing. Using her left hand she quickly wipes away the tears to look at the caller id. Unknown was all that was indicated on the display. Could it be her dad? And without thinking she quickly picks up the call.

“Hello?” She answered with her weak voice.

“Everyone has a past that may not want to be talked about. I know that you may have a past that may have hurt you too much. But whatever it is, I don’t care. What I care about, is you now. Please let me have the chance to bring you happiness. Please let me have the chance to love you.” She heard through the other line. She knew that familiar voice, it was his.

“I’m not worth it.” She simply told him.

“It is me to know if you are worth it, and I can tell you that you worth more than what my parents can leave me.” She felt a shadow creeping up behind her. The warm shadow that she had been avoiding this past week, how she missed it so much. It ached to heart to know that she was afraid to get any nearer.

“No, you don’t know. I, myself can’t even look back. No matter how much I try to walk out, it just keeps getting back to me.” She continued crying.

“Look at me.” He walks right up to her kneeling next to her. “I don’t care what it is. All I know is that I love you, I need you. I will help you forget about all of your horrible memories. I will make you the happiest wife ever.” He gently caresses her face, helping her wipe the tears that are constantly falling.

“Let go of me, I’ll only get your hands dirty.” She pushes him away.

“I don’t care.” He sits up next to her on the long lounge chair, and hugs her tightly.

“No, let go. You don’t even know anything. You don’t know even know much about me.” She struggles to get out of his hold.

“All I know is that feeling is everything. And my feelings are telling me that I love you.” He didn’t budge.

“No, it isn’t. If you know what my past is, I can guarantee that you wouldn’t be saying these meaningless things.” She uses all of her strength to push him away.

“Whether it’s you being poor, being chased, stealing, or even if you have been to jail… I don’t care…”

“I WAS BY THEM!” she yelled to him, over her streaming tears. “Are you happy now? I’ve let it out. I was when I was 15, in the dark alley. I screamed, but no one heard me. I was too scared afterwards, even my dad doesn’t know. Those shark loaners came after me.” She stood up from the chair, as her tears uncontrollably run like a waterfall.

He stood silent, staring at her, thinking of how to comfort her.

“See? I knew it. I told you that you wouldn’t be able to accept it.”

“No, Tiffany… I was just thinking of how to help you forget about these unhappy memories.” He told her.

“Don’t lie. I know that you will never look at me the same way.” She wipes her tears to clear her vision.

“This unhappy memory of yours of course it hurts, it hurts me wishing that I knew you earlier to protect you, to make this nightmare not ever appear.” He looked at her sincerely telling her his thoughts.

“Don’t say those things, they’re meaningless now. What’s happened already did. You can’t change it, and neither can I.” She finally calms herself down. Her head feels heavier than last time. Breathing louder and harsher, she uses her right hand to grasp her chest. It hurt every breath she took. Immediately ignoring those erupted pains, she runs out of the room, down the stairs and straight out of the house without gathering her belongings. Unconsciously, she runs out on the streets wanting to leave the place, and away from the one that was behind her calling. She hears his faint voice in the background almost catching up, she runs faster and faster. Not noticing the around surroundings she runs in front of an approaching car. Loud screeches from the brakes get nearer, but it was already too late.

“TIFFANY!” He screams running up closer to her bloody body lying in front of the car.