Chapter 12

Incidental Love

“I have to tell you something. Do you remember the place that we first met? That street, I walked back there today. I remembered you were very emotional that day.” He giggled at their minimal but very precious memories. “That day we met, may not be the happiest but it was fate. It brought us together, if only…” cutoff by the sound of the turning doorknob.

“Siwon, you’re here early today.” Neither of them were surprised by each other’s presence. “You sneaked out early again didn’t you?”

“Mom, I’m not sneaking out. I’m the president of the company. I can leave anytime I want.” He spoke in his matter-of-fact tone.

“Don’t you think that you’re spending a little too much of your time here? Trust the professionals they have everything covered.” His mom told him.

“I know, but I just like to spend time here…” he sighed.

“I guess so. At least you know your priorities.” She patted her son on his shoulders.

“It’s my fault for not being to hold on tighter.” He blamed himself.

“How long has it been since?”

“Today would be the 279 day and still the same as usual.” He told her.

“I’m sure that Tiffany will wake up soon.” The two turned their heads towards the direction of the sleeping beauty that was lying peacefully. She had been lying in a coma ever since the accident. The doctors had no idea of why she was in a coma after the successful surgery that was performed, but maybe it was just because she didn’t want to wake up. Maybe she was too scared to wake up to face her life again. Suffering was the only word that could be found in her dictionary, and now that she has the chance to avoid the suffering of course she’d hang onto it.

“I hope so. I miss her voice, her smile, and her laugh.” He held on tightly to her cold hands.


After the day of the accident, Siwon had been trying to accomplish more than he would have thought to accomplish before. His parents had finally let go of the company, and handed it over to him. The contract that he and Tiffany had signed before was destroyed. He had confidence in himself to make everything work for the one he loves. 3 months after Tiffany had laid in a coma, Siwon had found her father in the suburbs working in a small restaurant as a dishwasher. But he had refused to come back to see her. He had done too much to make her suffer, and now that he knows she has someone to depend on he knows that it’s better for him to make sure he doesn’t make her suffer from his mistakes again. Siwon understood his well-being and told him that he could always come back and take a look at her whenever he’s willing to. Siwon had also left him a small amount of money telling him he could use it for opening a business of his own or something of that sort.


Today like any other day after work he would go straight to the hospital to look after his beloved wife who was still lying quietly on the hospital bed. Her beauty still had not changed just like the love he has for her. And yes, although they had not met that long after Tiffany had gone into the accident. He knew that she was special, she had her unique charms that had successful captured his ice cold heart. You could also say that she was the core of the earth that came to melt it.

“Tiffany, how are you today? Any sweet dreams? Maybe of our near future.” Carrying a bucket of warm water to the side of her bed he began to clean her gently. “This bed must be very comfortable for you to be sleeping for this long. Mom, told me to tell you that she wants you to wake up faster so that she can finally hope for a grandson to play with. But don’t worry, I told her that we are still young and that we have plenty of time.” He softly giggled at those thoughts.

After cleansing her, he went back to the washroom to pour out the water through the drain. But who would have thought that when he walked out of the washroom something he expected but had been waiting for finally happened.