Chapter 3

Incidental Love

“Actually I can…” He told her. “But of course it’s not for free.”

“Huh?” As confused as she was she still wanted to hear what this guy wanted.

“I don’t think that this is a very good place to talk about it, considering the fact that huge nasty guys are on the lookout for you at the moment. Why don’t we find a small quiet café to continue this talk?” He suggested.

They arrived at small café far enough so that the shark loaners could not find her.

“So, what is it that you wanted to say? You don’t even know me and you’re saying that you want to help me?” Tiffany stated.

“Like I said, I don’t do things for people for free. I might not know who you are, but I know that you need my help.” He stated.

“Well, I don’t even know who you are. What makes you think that I’ll accept your offer?” Tiffany asked.

“Considering the fact that all you need at this moment is money. I don’t think that there is a reason that you would reject me.” He smirked.

“Well, then let’s hear what you have in mind.”

“Well, I’ll pay off all the money that you owe, but on this one condition… which is that you have to be my wife.” He told her.

“Wwwhat!? Be your wife!?!?” Tiffany did not know how to react to his absurd offer.

“Relax… I just want you and me to become a fake married couple to shut the mouths of my parents.” He said. “And this absolutely will not lead to love of any sort. It’s just acting, for a year so that my parents would let me completely take over the company. I will tell my personal lawyer to write up a contract just so that we have guidelines to follow for this period of time.” He explained.

“Who do you think you are? Just because I need the money does not mean that I’d sell myself to you, whether it’s just for a year or even a month. I would absolutely not do it. I’m sorry for wasting your time.” Tiffany furiously stood up from her seat, and was ready to turn to leave.

“Wait!” He got a hold of her before she had the chance to leave. “Here is my card. Give me a call if you change your mind.” He slipped the card in her bag and casually walked out of the café.