Only God knows.

Sacrifices of a Wife

 

I woke up with a terrible headache the next day. Yeah, that's what I got for crying the whole night. What a way to start the day. Groaning, I got off the bed using every strength that was left to cook breakfast. I didn't bother to wash up because it was only 0730. 

With heavy steps, I grumpily made my way to the kitchen. Yesterday has been the toughest day in my life ever since I got into this world. Never once have I felt so hurt so...so betrayed before. Jaemin stayed with me till I fell asleep. I wouldn't know what I'd do if it was not for him. And just when I entered the kitchen, I immediately closed my eyes and turned around. I could practically feel how my heart was being ripped off its place and you know what was worse, my stupid legs wouldn't even freaking budge!

 

"Eon...eonni." Hana was stuttering while covering herself. Jaejoong was just standing aside quietly glued to the ground, wiping his mouth.

 

"Mianhaeyo." With that said, I ran to my room and locked the door. As if on cue, my tears started to flow down my cheeks non-stoply. I was sobbing really...hard. Only God knows how I felt. I know they are married and stuffs but how could they be so inconsiderate...so heartless. Wasn't it enough for me to hear them all night long last night? What crime did I commit in my previous life to have witnessed them in that state? I was busy pouring my heart out that I didn't hear the guest downstairs. I only realised about it when Jaejoong, out of all the people, knocked on my door.

 

"Eomma came and she's looking for you." I sighed. I really was not in the mood to meet anyone but then again, if I didn't meet Jaejoong's mother, she'd know someting happened and I wouldn't want to make her worry or anything. I literally dragged myself into the bathroom and quickly dressed myself before going downstairs.

 

"Hani-ah." My mother-in-law's face immediately lit up when she saw me walking towards them. She happily patted the seat next to her and I smiled seeing how energetic she is each day. The newly weds were seated across us and I just happened to be seating face to face with him.

 

 

"Oh my, baby. How've you been doing? I've missed you so bad, sweetie." Jaejoong's mother cupped my face and kissed my nose. I giggled.

 

"Eomma, it has only been a day and you've missed me that bad already?" I took her hands and played with her fingers, like how a child would. She smiled and caressed my hair.

 

"Did your parents call you?"

 

"Yes, they did, last night."

 

"Do you miss them, sweetheart?"

 

"So much but its okay, I know they're busy and plus, I have eomma here with me so I'm fine." I said. 

She smiled and hugged me again.

 

"You're such a strong girl. Aigoo." I thought my ears were tricking me but I swear I heard she sniffed but I decided to just let it past cause Jaejoong's mother can be emotionally not stable sometimes.

 

"Eomma." Jaejoong spoke after awhile. "Is...something wrong?" He had his brows furrowed.

 

"Aniya. Nothing's wrong." She said with a forced smile. She looked at me again and caressed my cheek. I looked at her confused but she just shook her head. She turned to look at Hana.

 

"How're you darling? How's your baby? Have you gone for a check-up?" She said while reaching across the table to hold Hana's hand.

 

 

"Umm, not yet. We're planning to go later in the afternoon, eomma." Hana said while cautiously glancing at me. I only looked down and played with my fingers.

 

"Eomma." I said out of the blue, gaining everyone's attention.

 

"Yes, baby?"

 

"Can I...sleep at your house for a few nights?" Both Jaejoong and Hana looked at me. Jaejoong's mother, who finally sensed the weird atmosphere, sighed.

 

"Your appa would be so glad to hear about that." She said while putting a few strands of my hair behind my ear. I smiled and nodded.

 

"Komawo, eomma." She glanced at her watch and gasped.

 

"Omo! Hani sweetie, go pack your clothes quickly. Appa is going to be home in an hour and eomma hasn't even start cooking." She ushered me. "And Jaejoong, son. Go help your wife with her things."

 

I was about to protest but Jaejoong's mother just pushed us both upstairs. I sighed and entered my room to grab my already packed bags.

 

"I'll help you." Jaejoong offered but I stepped away, avoiding his contact. He sighed.

 

"You don't have to be nice to me. But still, thank you." I bowed and quickly sprinted down the stairs.

 

 

***

Is this too boring? What do you think? Is it too fast or slow? Anyways, hope you enjoy reading this crappy chappie too (: