What am I supposed to do?

Sacrifices of a Wife

 

"Hani-ah."

 

"Hm?"

 

I turned to see my parents-in-law standing at the door with their arms wrapped around each other. I smiled and gestured them to enter the room, which of course is Jaejoong-ssi's since they kinda forced me to sleep there if I wanted to sleep over at theirs.

 

"What are you doing, darling?" Jaejoong's mother sat next to me on the bed while my father-in-law sat at my other side.

 

"Nothing much, just finish updating my blog." 

I said while saving the file and placed the laptop aside. Judging by their facial expressions, I know they must have something planned up their sleeves.

 

"Eomma, Appa. Wae guraeseyo?" They looked at each other for awhile and both nodded at the same time. My father-in-law ruffled my hair softly and cleared his throat before speaking.

 

"Hani-ah. Eomma and Appa may not know what happened last week but don't you think its time for you to go back home. Oh?" He carefully said each words.

 

I stayed silent, not knowing what to say. Yes, it has been a week since I 'left' home. It's not that I don't want to go back, it's just that I don't think I can ever meet them without wanting to slap their pretty faces. I was stupid to actually agree on their marriage. Who am I to kid? I am no robot. I am just like any other girl in this world. I only want to love and be loved. Is that too much to ask? I was so stupid to think that Jaejoong-ssi might actually start to acknowledge me if I let him marry the love of his life. What was I thinking?

 

Sensing I was not gonna say anything, my mother-in-law cupped my face and forced me to look straight into her eyes.

 

"Baby, if this whole mess is too messy for you to handle, let eomma and appa talk about this with Jaejoong, oh? It pains us to see you so lifeless like this."

 

I sighed and slowly shook my head. Grabbing both of their waists, I hugged them with all my might. They hugged me back but pulled away after that.

 

"Darling?" Jaejoong's father squeezed my hand when I still didn't answer them.

 

"She's pregnant." I stopped, catching my breath and blinked away the tears that is starting to form at the brink of my eyes. With a forced smile, I continued.

 

"Eomma, Appa. The baby...their baby...it's innocent. No matter how much all of these hurt me, the pain of knowing because of me, an innocent soon to be newborn child knows nothing of its father, kills me more. Not only that, how can I not let Jaejoong-ssi be there to watch his child grows up? Frankly, eomma, appa." Tears were now streaming down my face non-stoply.

 

"I am starting to regret letting them marry but what am I to do?" I was sobbing really hard. And so was Jaejoong's mother. But still, I continued to pour out everything that has been bottled up in me.

 

"My parents were so mad at Jaejoong-ssi and they are still now. They refused to meet Jaejoong-ssi. As a child, it tears the whole of me apart knowing my parents hate the guy I love so dearly, more than my own life actually. But...me...eomma...appa...what am I supposed to do? I don't want a divorce. I love him so much I don't want to be separated from him but...what am I supposed to do, eomma, appa. What am I supposed to do? What..."

 

I couldn't talk anymore because I just couldn't seem to continue. Heck, I could barely breathe because of the sobbing. Jaejoong's parents hugged me tightly and stayed with me the whole night till I fell asleep.

 

 

***

I know it's short but then again i did say this story is a short story right? Hehehehe. To those who commented, thank you so much. Your comments actually inspire me to write better. Please do continue to comment and tell me what do you think of the story so far ^^ To those who subscribed, thank you so much too! I didn't expect to have 50++ subscribers. I feel so honoured. Thank you everyone. I'l update more when I have time okay (: