Because of me.

Sacrifices of a Wife

 

Where's my wife?! Let go of me, Yunho! I need to see Hana. Where's my Hana?!" 
 
I was sitting still on the waiting bench infront of the emergency room staring into space while biting my nails when Jaejoong suddenly appeared and caused a chaos. I looked up and saw a helpless Yunho trying his best to prevent an angry Jaejoong from entering the room. Not long after, Yoochun, Junsu, Changmin and Jaejoong's parents had arrived as well.
 
"Calm down, Jaejoong. She's in there. The doctors are doing their best to save her and the baby." 
Yunho said while trying his best to keep a hold on the never tired of struggling and screaming Jaejoong. Changmin and Yoochun immediately approached him to help.
 
Jaejoong's father went to the counter to ask about Hana's condition. Junsu saw me by myself at the corner and pulled me in for a comforting hug. Jaejoong's mother sat on my other side and softly patted my back while holding tightly onto my right hand.
 
"Sweetie, are you okay?" 
 
I pulled away from Junsu and slowly nodded, not daring to look into my mother-in-law's eyes. She sighed and engulfed me in her embrace. I bit my quivering lips trying hard to blink away the tears that was about to fall.
 
"I'm sorry, eomma." I whispered.
 
Jaejoong's mother was surprised when she heard me. She pushed me back a little to look at me in the eyes with her hands gripping tightly onto my shoulders. I avoided her gaze by playing with my fingers.
 
"What do you mean by you're sorry?"
 
"..."
 
"Look at me, Hani-ah."
 
"..." 
 
"Kim Hani." She said in a stern voice. I winced a little and my tears suddenly fell down my cheeks as if they have a mind of their on.
 
Sobbing, I muttered. "Every...everything happened so...so...so fast that they felt so unreal. One moment we were happily talking and the next...the next..." I stopped awhile to breathe.
 
"The next thing I know, Hana was lying unconsciously on the ground with her blood endlessly flooding the road while I was safely at the side of the road! I'm so sorry. It's my fault she's in there. It's my fault they...they're in there. I'm so...sorry...eomma..." I said while crying with my face in my hands.
 
"Aigoo~ It's not your fault, dear. Don't cry. Hana's gonna be alright and so is the baby. Shhhh. Everything's gonna be alright, dear." Jaejoong's mother cooed while hugging me. 
 
Junsu, who was just sitting silently beside me the whole time, softly patted my head. 
 
"Gwaenchana, Hani-ah. Hana's a strong girl. And I'm pretty sure the baby is as strong as the mother. Stop crying, oh. You'll just tire yourself out. It's not good for your health." He said with a soft sweet smile. 
 
"Thank you, oppa." I said and smiled back. He wiped away the remaining tears on my cheeks and kissed my forehead. 
 
"Hani-ah." I looked up to see Jaejoong's father smiling warmly at me.
 
"I think you should go back and rest. You don't look so good, sweetie." He said while softly patting my head.
 
I gasped and abruptly stood up causing my father-in-law to stumble back a little bit.
 
"Andwaeyo, appa! I'll stay. It's because of me Hana is in there. I cannot just leave and happily rest at home. That doesn't seem right. Appa, please let me stay...please. Then, only my heart will feel a little bit at ease." 
 
My tears were threatening to fall again. Sighing, Jaejoong's father wiped the escaped tears away and cupped my cheeks.
 
"I know you're worried and anxious about their condition but dear, I'm sorry. I'm afraid I can't have you here. Not while Jaejoong is in that state, of course." He said.
 
"But..."
 
"No. You go back and rest, first. You hear me, young lady?" He firmly ordered. I sighed and massaged my temples.
 
"Mr. Kim is right, Hani-ah. I think it's best if you avoid Jaejoong hyung today." Junsu said.
 
I was reluctant to go because I felt so guilty. Even though they have been telling me that it was not my fault but I can't help but to feel the opposite. No matter how hard I tried to resist, in the end I was dragged out of the hospital by Junsu, away from the angry beast Jaejoong. Oh God, Jaejoong! Now, how in the world would I face him?!