Promise me.

Sacrifices of a Wife

 

"J...Jae...Jaejo...joong-ss...ssi." 
 
I gulped seeing the look he had in his eyes. Pure hatred. That was what he had in his eyes. I was about to ask how Hana was doing when Yunho suddenly appeared behind me.
 
"Oh, Hani-ah, you're here." He said while giving Jaejoong a look. 
 
Jaejoong scoffed and walked pass us not forgetting to bump his shoulder with mine, a little bit too hard. Wincing, I immediately regained my balance before I hit the ground. Yunho sighed and pulled me towards him. I tried my very best not too cry but of course the tears betrayed me. 
 
"It's okay, Hani-ah. Just cry." He cooed while caressing my back gently. 
 
We stayed like that for a minute before entering Hana's room. My eyes started to well up again when I saw the wires stucked into Hana's lifeless body. I sat on the chair which was next to the bed and took one of her hand in mine. Yunho was quietly standing at the end of the room, giving me my space.
 
"Hana-ah. Mianhae. It's my fault you're here. I should've seen that incoming car. I'm so sorry. Forgive me, neh?" I said while sobbing. My tears was uncontrollable.
 
"Wake up, please." 
 
Suddenly, someone dragged me away from Hana and the grip he had on my arm was so strong. I turned to see who it was and instantly my breath hitched to a stop.
 
"Jae...joong-ssi."
 
"Get your filthy hands off my wife." Jaejoong harshly shoved me aside and my back hit the table cause I couldn't keep my balance.
 
Surprised, Yunho ran to help me up and glared at his friend.
 
"What the is your problem, Jaejoong?!"
 
"My problem?! You seriously don't know, Yunho??"
 
"No, I don't. Enlighten me, hyung." Yunho said with gritted teeth.
 
"It's because of her, Hana's here. Look at what she did to my wife! This woman here is my problem!" Jaejoong hissed while pointing towards me.
 
My heart broke into pieces when he only acknowledge Hana as his wife. 
 
"This woman, that you hate so much happens to be your wife, Kim Jaejoong." Yunho was practically spitting out every word in Jaejoong's face.
 
"Tch. Wife? On paper, yes. But don't worry, it'll no longer be valid." Jaejoong smirked while looking at me with his face contorted in disgust.
 
I felt my world fell apart. What was he saying? What did he mean by no longer valid? I squirmed out of Yunho's hold and braced myself to stand in front of Jaejoong. I looked into his eyes and all I saw like I said, was pure hatred. Not a single gentleness was in them. Tears started to make their way down my cheeks when realisation hit me. He wanted a divorce. He...he was planning to divorce me. Wiping my tears, I tore my gaze from him and stepped back.
 
"If...if that's what...what you want. We'll divorce." I said in a low voice.
 
Suddenly, a very soft voice spoke out of nowhere. "Over...over my de..dead body." 
 
All 3 heads spun towards the fragile girl who was laying on the bed. Jaejoong was the first one to react, he immediately ran towards her and cupped her face.
 
"Are you alright, baby? Oh thank God, you've finally wake up. You don't know how worried I am! Don't you dare do that to me again, okay baby. I love you. I love you so much." He said while showering Hana's face with kisses.
 
I closed my eyes and looked away. No matter how many times I've seen Jaejoong's affectionate towards Hana, my heart still constricted in pain. Yunho saw the hurt on my face and hugged me. He sighed and softly patted my hair while his other hand slowly patted my back. 
 
"Do you wanna go?" He whispered in my ear.
 
I just simply nodded and we made our way to the door silently but just when we were about to open it, Hana called for me.
 
"Hani eonni." 
 
I stopped in my tracks and tightened my grip on Yunho's hand. Yunho gave my hand a squeeze before giving me a nod. I looked at him for awhile before turning to Hana.
 
"Oh?" 
 
"Why are you leaving without saying goodbye?" She pouted at me.
 
I smiled and walked towards her. I took her hand and caressed her hair. Jaejoong stood still at the side watching us interacted. 
 
"How are you feeling, Hana-ah?"
 
"Awesome." She smiled brightly.
 
"That's good. Thank God you're okay. Hana-ah...I'm..." I didn't get to finish what I was about to say cause Hana put a finger on my lips.
 
"No. Don't apologise. It's not your fault, eonni. Please." 
 
"But..."
 
"No." She said sternly. I smiled warmly at her and kissed her forehead.
 
"Thank you." I said.
 
"Hmm?" She titlted her head in confusion.
 
"For saving me. For getting hurt for me. Thank you...but next time, please don't do such things again, okay?"
 
"But, eonni..."
 
"Please. I don't want anyone to get hurt because of me. Promise?" I held out my pinky finger at her.
 
"Promise." She hooked her finger with mine while pouting.
 
"Well, I'll be leaving then. You're still weak and you need to rest, Hana. A lot." 
 
I giggled when she made annoyed faces. I kissed her forehead one more time before bidding goodbye but then a small hand suddenly wrapped around my wrist. I looked at Hana, confused.
 
"What's wrong?" I asked.
 
She remained silent and reached out for Jaejoong's hand with her other hand. Reluctantly, Jaejoong held her hand and stepped forward.
 
"I made a promise to you just now right, eonni?" She asked while blinking her eyes innocently at me.
 
I nodded, obviously not understand what she was trying to say...or do.
 
"In return, I want you to promise me you will never divorce Jaejoong oppa no matter what." She said as a matter of factly.
 
"What?! Baby..." Jaejoong immediately shut up when Hana gave him a look.
 
I scratched the back of my neck awkwardly and bit my lip. I looked at Jaejoong for a brief moment. He was signalling me to just agree with Hana so that she won't be sad. I sighed and looked at Yunho for help, but he just gave me a nod. Hana was looking at me expectantly and I didn't want to rub that look of her face.
 
"Promise."
 
 
**
ITS HOLIDAY PEOPLE SO I THINK I CAN FINISH THIS STORY SOON. ONE OR TWO MORE CHAPTERS AND ITS GONNA BE THE END. I'LL TRY TO UPDATE AS SOON AS I CAN, OKAY? THANKS FOR READING, SUBSCRIBING, COMMENTING AND VOTING! I LOVE YOU GUYS ❤