Kimchi Fried Rice?

Deleted Memories..

Lee Jieuns POV;

ugh, my head.. It hurts. I open my eyes for the first time in what seems like a long time, and see a young woman sleeping with her head resting on the bed I am lying on..Where am I? The woman wakes up and sees me with wide eyes and next thing I know, she calls out for a doctor?

"Doctor! Doctor!" she yells out with a hoarse voice.

I can do nothing but stare at this unfamiliar person, while she shows so much affection towards me. I feel pain, guilt for not knowing who this person that loves me is. But..who am I?

"Jieun-ah.. you're finally awake.. how are you okay?! are y--?"

I cant help but interrupt because I am so confused, " excuse me.. where am I ? who are.. you? and who am .. I?" I speak in a voice that is foreign to me, a voice I cant remember. I dont remember the last time I saw the world that lies in front of me this second, I dont remember the last time I spoke, I dont remember..anything.

"..You dont remember?" She asks with tears in her eyes threatening to fall onto the hospital bed sheets I can just nod.

"Well..I am..your unnie. Kim Taeyeon. and you are, Lee Jieun. We are sisters, but you insisted on keeping our fathers' surname instead of our mom's after the divorce..We are in a hospital, you have been in a coma for more than a year." Taeyeon explains pausing every so often to collect herself before falling apart again.

"Unnie..?" I manage to whisper to her, "What happened to me..?"

Just then the nurse arrives with a plate of stale and soggy bread and beef. I just stare at it trying out to figure out how I could ever swallow that down. I try to pick up a bread piece, but my stomach growls in protest. Unnie notices this and speaks out to the nurse.

"Ahjumma..Is it alright if I take Jieun across the street to the restaurant for a stronger meal? If anything goes wrong we will easily return" She reasons.

After several attempts to convince the nurse that ill be fine, the nurse finally complies. And I am helped into a pair of sweatpants, a blue tank top, and a white hoodie with a adorable fat bunny printed on it.

My legs feel like wooden sticks after not being able to walk for so long, so I grab hold of unnies' arm to help me through it. And we head into a cute little restaurant shop, that instantly smells of delicious foods.

Once we arrive, the menus are given to us. But I just dont know what to order, I assume unnie realizes my frustration and orders for me, hesistantly I comply to it. Unnie just stares at me for the next 5 minutes, it was unconfortable but shes my sister. I shouldnt be like this to her. Then the food arrives..

My mouth drops and begins to water at the sight of the delicious food.."Waaah" is all i can say

Unnie giggles and tells me she ordered my most favorite foods, "kimchi fried rice, goguma, and raw fish"

We stuff our faces with the dishes, and I realize how hungry unnie must be since she was chowing down all the food like there was no tomorrow. I guess she missed meals waiting for me to wake up. But I dont say anything and continue to eat, Thank you unnie..

-----------------------------------------------

Kim Taeyeons POV;

After I saw the way Jieun looked so longingly at the food, I remember umma.The way she lit up when appa would cook her the occassional meal for the family. Thats when she was happiest..

Finally that Jieun is awake, and well.. I need to make sure she is safe and regains her memory..

*briiiing* *briiiiing*

"Oh noona? Wae?" Wooyoung answer on the other line

"Wooyoung-ah.. Jieun-- Jieun is awake!" I tell him, trying to control myself from spilling out the details of her memory loss to prevent hurting him.

"uh.." I hear Wooyoung choke a bit, followed by silence and then the dial tone..

*beeeeeeeeeeeeep*

~15 minutes later~

"Unnie-ya..kamsahamnida, jinjja-yo it really means alot" Jieun says in the usual tone she would use when something is wrong.

"Whats wrong Jieun?" I ask recongnizing the sadness in her voice

"Oh--? Oh nothing, im fine Unnie..just really grateful"

"Jieun-ah..I watched you grow up. We are alike in so many ways, i can sense the sadness in your voice whats troubling you..?"

"..Unnie, why cant I remember. What happened to me, why--?"Jieun is cut off with a knock at the door.

*knock knock*

"Oh jakkuman.." I say, getting up to answer the door.

Wooyoung, his face pale yet sweaty. as if he ran at his life's expense just to get here.

"noona.." he says while regaining his breath. I step aside to show him the girl who rests behind me on the hospital bed, Jieun.

---------------------------------------------------

Jang Wooyoungs POV;

"Wooyoung-ah.. Jieun-- Jieun is awake!" Taeyeon noona says.

..Jieun-ssi?! She finally awake.. shes-- I choke down my spit and by reflex hit the end button, and slip on some shoes and dash out the door at full speed.

~at the hospital~

Room 621.. Ah.

*knock knock*

I feel my heart racing from the run and from the thought of seeing the concious Jieun again after more than a year. I stiffen when the door opens, and see Taeyeon noona, staring at me with concerned eyes.

"noona.." I say in between breaths

She stares at me with understanding yet guilty eyes, and steps aside. Thats when I see her, Lee Jieun.

Jieun stares at me in confusion, but she manages a smile. I myself am quite confused at her reaction, but I guess she was jsut a stunned as I was.

"Jieun-ah..~!" I say, while running to embrace her in my arms.

"Wooyoung-ah..You stay with her..Ill just go down to the cafe for a while, just inform me when you leave" Taeyeon says before shutting the heavy hospital door behind her.

"..oh~ annyeong." Jieun says in a unsure whisper.

"Jieun whats wrong? are you okay. arent you happy to see me?" I ask, and i can feel the drops of sweat forming from my temples waiting to fall. My heart is pounding and my mind is racing, I dont know why this moment that I waiting for, for so long feels so..wrong?

"..Who are you?" Jieun says in a cautious voice, probably assuming that will ease my heart. But it doesnt, those 3 words are the words I feared since the doctor said if she ever woke up memory loss would be a possible side effect, my heart drops and shatters. But I need to contain myself, hold myself together for the best for both of us..

"..I am Jang Wooyoung. Your bestfriend.."

"Jang Wooyoung..? bestfriend.." she says to herself, and a load of memories flood my brain and heart, making me weaker by the second.

"Wooyoung ssi..what happened to me..?" Jieun asks with a desperate tone, I guess noona hasnt been able to tell her yet.

"You..you got into a fatal accident" I answer, and in a second the memories of the horrible day materialize themselves into my brain once again.

-Flashback-

"Im tired Jang Wooyoung. Im so tired.." Jieun says in tears.

"Jieun-ah, just stop doing this to yourself. You said you already forgot him, you said you were fine without him. You said you never loved him!" I yell out feeling my heart lodge itself into my throat.

"Stop! Just stop Wooyoung. Im tired, im tired of you telling me how I should feel, tired of you making me think twice. Why cant you just let me fail on my own for once" Jieun yells in a voice I cant decipher.

"Because thats something my heart wont let me do. I could never watch you in pain if I couldve done something about it."

"Wae?! tell me Jang Wooyoung, why cant you just let me hurt inside, why do you need to care so much for me?!" She says in tears.

"Because Lee Jieun, because-- I love you!" I yell out, feeling 500 pounds lighter.

Jieun chokes for a brief moment, and a couple tears fall. "Please dont.." She whispers and she turns around and runs right into the inter section failing to notice two cars speeding past.

*THUUUUD* *SCREEEEEEEEECH*

"AAAAH~!" Jieun yells out *THUD*

I glance over, knowing I will regret doing so. I was right.

In front of me now, is the sight of the bloody Jieun, with a crack on the left side of her head, Unconcious... Dead.

I rush her to the hospital only to be told it might be too late, but within the next painful 5 hours the doctor notifies us that Jieun is alive, unconcious, in a coma..but alive.

-End Flashback-

Me and Taeyeon noona visited Jieun multiple times a day for more than a year, and this day..the day we all prayed for..was finally here. But it wasnt the way we hoped, she didnt embrace us and cry tear of happiness of finally seeing us again and being alive and well. Instead she let of tears of frustration and guilt for not being able to remember anything.

I proceed to tell Jieun everything that happened..and by the time im done, Jieun's face is soaked in tears of guilt.

"Mianhe..Wooyoung." She says in a cracked voice.. and in the next 10 minutes she lay in her soaked pillow of tears in a restless sleep, waiting for a new day of what lies ahead of her. A new day of unfamilar pain.

-------------------------------------

Authors Note;

Hello everyone, hopefully this chapter is a bit of an improvment. Once again, thank you all for the support I really appreciate it♥