Chapter 16

How to fall in love

A/N: Another POV this time ^_^ Thanks for sticking with this story and your nice comments. i hope you'll understand what I mean with this chap :D
There's one chapter and the epilogue left ~~~

 

Chapter 16

 

Yunho’s POV

 

The look on her face said more than she probably wanted me to know. She was surprised, but also confused and scared.

 

I knew that it was my fault that she was frightened of me, but there was nothing I could do about it.

 

She followed my out of the room and I tried breathing evenly.

 

Making the decision to talk to her hadn’t been easy. I was scared to, scared to show too much of myself. She had that kind of effect on me, somehow. I was able to hide much and more from even Jaejoong, but it always seemed like Shinae knew what was going on.

 

From the moment she told me why she was here, I was so scared I could hardly breathe. She knew about us, about Jaejoong, about me. She was working for the boss. What if she told him? It would end everything.

 

But she hadn’t and I knew that she wouldn’t. After I’d stormed out, Jaejoong had come to find me. He was the only one that could have. I’d been hiding in a small studio, somewhere on the second floor. It had been in this studio that we’d shared our first kiss, so long ago.

 

It felt like ages.

 

And then he’d told me, calmly, that we could trust her and I’d seen it in his eyes that he truly meant it. My Jaejoong, the person who had taken months to trust me enough to tell me about his little worries, was trusting this person, this girl, after a few days.

 

I thought about all the things that I’d seen the last few days, the flirting, the smiles. I’d thought that maybe… maybe he’d fallen for her. I had been angry and confused and scared to lose him.

 

And then she said she’d done all that for the boss and he’d agreed to act it all out with her.

 

I clenched my fist thinking about it.

 

Why did he do that to me? Why did he trust her, agree with her?

 

And why hadn’t he told me? Why had he left me in the dark, looking like an idiot?

 

I was the leader.

 

I was supposed to know, to take care of things.

 

Instead, I had been as clueless as a kinder gardener.

 

I tried to be angry at him. I’d told him: “How could you do this?” And he’d told me that he’d thought it best at the time, for all of us.

 

How could I argue with that? I had made so many decisions, because it’d better for everybody.

 

I was helpless, and I couldn’t be helpless. Things had to stop.

I walked into the stairwell and heard her follow me.

 

I could understand him. She was nice, nicer than most people we work with. Not that they weren’t nice, but she was gentle, cute, hopeful, helping and responsible. She’d helped us when we couldn’t walk anymore, she’d covered for us when we disappeared, and she’d covered for Seunghyun while he was gone. I knew that it was by no means normal for an assistant to do that.

 

Especially without asking for anything for that. She did it because she had to.

 

She was, in a way, like me.

 

She took care of things that needed to be taken care of.

 

There were a few people in the hallways, most of them nodded or bowed to me and I nodded back.

 

Why hadn’t she come to us like that, without any secrets?

 

We’d have welcomed her and never let her go.

 

But now, I couldn’t let her stay.

 

A person like her, she’d do the right thing. If she was asked to reveal things to the boss, she probably wouldn’t do it. And I couldn’t let her do that.

 

She had to leave, but I knew that she wouldn’t do it that easily. She wanted to help us.

 

But there was a way to make her leave and it didn’t matter that I’d be the bad guy in this.