Chapter 14

How to fall in love

A/N: I already apologise for my bafluff writing >.< But I hope you'll still enjoy!!

 

Chapter 14

 

Junsu's POV

 

We climbed to the roof after staying in the restaurant as long as was expected of us. Yoochun had pointed at the door to the stairwell with his head and I only had to nod.

 

I sat down and leaned on the wall that limited the roof. Yoochun sat down next to me. We sighed almost simultaneously.

 

“I can’t believe it’s really over” said Yoochun. His voice was husky and I knew that it meant that he was really tired.

 

“Me neither” I said, “but I’m happy, right now. When I saw all the red…”

 

“They are still waiting for us, even after being gone for so long. I wish we could live up there.”

 

I looked at him then. His black hair, his white skin, his chest moving up and down… sometimes I wondered how he could be so perfect. Even after this stressful day, he managed to still look perfect.

 

He turned his head and looked at me, silently. His eyes were so warm that I just wanted to look at them forever. My heart started to beat faster and although I wanted to look down in embarrassment, he held my gaze.

 

Time stopped and I wanted to live in this moment. I remember those times when we weren’t sure of anything yet and were too scared to act on anything and I couldn’t be happier that we had made it to today together.

 

The moment broke and Yoochun smiled. He looked up at the stars. I followed his gaze. The sky was dark and you had to search thoroughly to find one of those little white dots.

 

“Look, there” he said and pointed at the sky.

 

“There are only two stars, like there’s only us two right now.”

 

He let his arm sink and grabbed my hand with his.

 

We looked at each other again.

 

“I love you” he said, with his most sincere voice.

 

And even after hearing him say it over and over again, my heart made that little jump.

 

“I love you too.”

 

He let go of my hand and put his arm around my shoulder, pulling me closer. I could smell him, and although he smelled like sweat I still liked it.

 

“I can’t believe you’re really mine” he whispered in my ear.

 

“I was always yours” I said and he chuckled.

 

He kiss my ear, very lightly, and tiny bits of glass ran through my whole body.

 

I turned my head and began kissing his throat. I knew he was very sensitive there, right around the Adam’s apple. He gave out gentle moans of pleasure. I continued until he pushed me away lightly.

 

A little panting, he said: “If you continue like that, I don’t think I will be able to hold it back.”

 

“Why would you want to hold back?” I asked and inclined my head again towards his throat.

 

“Because we’re on a roof and half of the company is down there.”

 

I sighed. Of course he was right. But the times we got to spend together, just us two, were so little that I didn’t want to waste this opportunity.

 

“Damn them” I said, leaning back against the wall.

 

He chuckled again.

 

“Who’d have thought you’d be the one to be all over me. The naughty Angel.”

 

He shook his head while holding that naughty smile of his. I knocked him in the ribs with my elbow.

 

“Stop it” I said, blushing.

 

“I mean that in a very, very, endearing way” he said and kissed me on the cheek.

 

I sighed. I could never be angry at him.

 

“I still can’t believe Jaejoong hyung found out.”

 

“Well, he’s right, he did go through kinda the same thing as us. And he can be very observant. I just can’t believe Changmin knew all along.”

 

“I rather wonder if Yunho knew, we never talked about this with him.”

 

We heard the door of the roof open and moved apart in an instant.

 

To our relief, it was Shinae who stood in the door frame.

 

“There you are” she said, sounding angry as well as relieved.

 

“Did you look for us? We’re sorry if we troubled you” said Yoochun. He was getting up, so I followed what he did.

 

“It’s okay” she said, and now I noticed that she seemed absent, like as if her mind was thinking of something else.

 

“If you don’t mind though, I’d like to leave. I found Changmin and Yunho and sent them to the car already.”

 

“Where’s Jaejoong?” I asked.

 

“He’s…” she hesitated for a second, “he’s left already.”

 

Yoochun raised an eyebrow.

 

“You don’t let us leave from the venue in a taxi but let him leave in the middle of the night? So either you couldn’t stop him or… well, that seems to be the only possible explanation.”

 

She sighed before she spoke.

 

“I’d be very thankful if you’d call him before we leave, to make sure he’s alright.”

 

Then, somehow as if she hadn’t realized it before, she looked from one to the other.

 

“And if I were you, I wouldn’t camp out anywhere near company employees. Do you know how easy it is to see that you two are...”

 

“It’s not that you saw anything before you knew” I said, pouting.

 

After a moment, both Shinae and Yoochun burst out laughing.

 

“Ah, Junsu” she said and for the first time that day she seemed happy, in a way.

 

“I’ll call Jaejoong hyung” said Yoochun, still smiling about me.

 

He took out his phone and went a few feet away to talk.

 

Shinae looked around the roof and eventually looked up at the sky. She seems lost, I thought. Like she’s been tossed in in here with us without being told the rules.

 

“How are you doing?” I asked. I realized that none of us had really asked her this kind of question much and neither had she revealed much about herself.

 

“Me, uh, fine. A little tired, you know lots of work. And Seunghyun… I still don’t know what he’s doing. And most of all, how come no one in the company wonders where he is? I mean, I’ve been covering for him, but today there were hundreds of people asking me about him and it was clear he wasn’t there, but still, no one asked me what’s up with him.”

 

She shook her head in confusion. I noticed how she avoided answering the question directly.

 

“I don’t know. Maybe there’s just too much going on at the moment, with the concert and all.”

 

Come to think of it, it was true that out of so many people, no one would notice the manager of an idol group going missing.

 

“I can’t believe it. When I was working in media, we even noticed when one of our colleagues went to the toilet for too long. I mean, this company, it’s regulated. Everything here is. For something like this to not matter, something must be going on.”

 

I looked at her and I knew why the boss had chosen her to do this. It came to me that second, looking at her, watching her make conclusions on the spot,  in the middle of the night, being totally tired and probably not having eaten enough that day.

 

She was strong and smart, and most of all, she knew things and did not tell. She kept shut about Yunho and Jaejoong and about Yoochun and me, about Seunghyun, and if it had been possible to avoid, she probably wouldn’t have told us about this, her, thing either.

 

She was perfect if you wanted things to go smoothly. No one would take her for a risk, small and shy and innocent.

 

“Eh, Junsu, are you alright? Why are you looking at me like this?”

 

“Well, he hasn’t fallen in love with you, that’s for sure” said Yoochun, suddenly appearing next to me.

 

“Shut up, Yoochun. No, I just thought that you’re pretty awesome for not telling on us.”

 

“Sure thing. I’m not going to stand between you and happiness, right? Anyways, feels good to know that the thing the boss wants, he already has two times.”

 

“And” she added, “seeing you two and Jaejoong and Yunho, it feels like there’s still hope, somewhere, for all of us.”

 

It felt like everything was said so we set off to the car. We avoided going through the restaurant again by leaving through the back door.

 

When we arrived at the car, there was only Changmin waiting.

 

“Where’s Yunho?” asked Shinae.

 

“Toilet” said the youngest.

 

Shinae told us to already get in and so I climbed into the van after Yoochun. Changmin stayed

outside with Shinae. I closed my eyes and enjoyed the sensation of actually knowing that a soft bed was waiting for me.

 

That was, until I heard Changmin starting to speak.

 

“You must be tired, noona. I hope we’re not putting you through too much.”

 

“Not at all, I rather think I’m putting you through too much. Heck, I don’t even know what I’m doing.”

 

“You’re doing great! No one expects you to know everything after just a few weeks. Actually, I rather think you’re doing better than anyone would have expected.”

 

I heard a small chuckle, probably belonging to Shinae.

 

“Thanks, Changmin. Feels good to hear that. But what would feel even better would be of Yunho came back so we could all go to sleep soon.”

 

And with that, they started complaining about Yunho letting them wait. I stopped listening and reviewed what I’d just heard in my head.

 

First, I thought, Changmin asks her how she does. Second, he overly stressed how great she does. And thirdly, he never says things like this.

 

Thinking about it, he’s been overly nice to her, well, in, overly nice from his normal behavior.

 

“Okay, we’re ready to go.”

 

I opened my eyes to see that everyone had gotten in the car, except for Jaejoong of course.

 

I turned my head to look at Changmin, who was sitting in a backseat. He had his eyes closed, but somehow I couldn’t see him the same anymore.

 

Oh, Changmin, where did you get yourself into?